If the world burned and banned the Bible, Koran and the Torah perhaps humanity on Earth could then live in harmony and lasting peace.
War on terrorism? i am not convinced of this "Fairy Tale" Can someone Answer my questions? as my questions itself will answer a lot of questions here...
1. If 911 was terrorism? what do you call an OPEN Attack on IRAQ? that left the WHOLE country in kiosk, millions died or lost their homes and relatives...
2. If 911 was terrorism? what do you call the DRONE Attacks in Pakistan? that again killed several hundreds in past many years...
3. If 911 was terrorism? what do you call a WELL equiped, ground and air attacks on Afghanistan? that again killed hundreds of people?
4. Why Israeli Attacks on Palestine is not called "terrorism"?
5. Why Israel is not geting HARD sanctions on not only violating UN, but also on its Nuclear weapons?
6. Why IRAN is facing sanctions that has not been engaged in any war since many years?
7. Why US could not find USAMA? who was He? if he was capable to do 911 then why could he not do it again??? in 10 years????
8. WHAT DIFFERENCE does OBAMA bring to the world????
9. WHAT IS this WAR on Terrorism??? it did not stop ANY suicide bombing in Iraq nor in pakistan???
10. WHAT makes them bomb themselves in their own people in their own soil??? what is the reason of this MADNESS??
I have many more questions... but i like to hear some answers to the ones above.... I WANT PEACE IN THE WORLD!!!!
The "War on Terrorism" is no more no less that the war for the conquest of the Middle East by the United States,Great Britain and France and other NATO forces.
Neither Pakistan or Afghanistan are in the Middle East. Buy a map.
1) Iraq was the direct result of faulty intelligence and nervousness over the fact that Saddam Hussein was believed to have WMD's. Furthermore, the military made the mistake in thinking that it was going to be an easy victory. I'll agree with you (armchair quarterbacking) that going into Iraq probably wasn't a good idea, but it's hardly "terrorism" on the part of America. Most of the civilians that you reference being killed were killed by terrorists like Al Qaida in Iraq and Sadr's militia. The U.S. doesn't go around to market places and schools and drop bombs on all of them (on purpose). Accidents happen, and it's unfortunate, but there wouldn't be many accidents if the terrorists weren't hiding behind civilians.
2) Drone attacks in Pakistan? What do you expect when the Taliban and Al Qaida hide among the people? They hide like rats and will die like rats. If the Taliban and Al Qaida were actually good people, they wouldn't hide behind civilians and use them as human shields.
3) What do you expect after 9/11? Did you honestly expect us to just take it and say "oh well" ? Obviously there was going to be a well-equipped air and ground attack... the attackers were trained and based in Afghanistan. I don't know where you're going with that one.
4) The Israel-Palestine situation is messed up on every level. However, Palestinian terror groups (Hezbollah and Hamas) don't help the situation when they kill Israelis. Again, though, that situation has been going on for hundreds of years, so I'm not ready to lump that into the War on Terror. Terrorists like Bin Laden use that mess as a sticking point to help recruit people to "go against the west."
5) Because if the Palestinians dropped their weapons, there would be peace in the Middle East. However, if the Israelis dropped their weapons, there would be another Holocaust.
6) Because Iran has an insane leader that NOBODY in the world wants to get nuclear weapons. He's on record denying the Nazi Holocaust and saying that Israel and America should be "wiped off the map." Honestly, he's a modern day Hitler. If Iran had the power that Hitler had (and the military backing), Iran would be invading all of their neighbors and start WW3. The world (not just America) is safer when less people have nuclear weapons. Not everyone in the world should have nukes... it's common sense. Eventually, a nut job (Ahmadinejad) will get weapons and start using them at will.
7) He can't do it again because planning something like that is not the easiest thing in the world. The drones in Pakistan (which you obviously don't support) are helping in eliminating Al Qaida leadership and helping to prevent the planning of large scale attacks. I'm sure Al Qaida would love to do another large scale attack (and one day, it might happen again), but the War on Terror is helping to prevent that. As far as why they can't find him... he's hiding in a cave somewhere in Pakistan. I'd imagine he has virtually no contact with the outside world, thus making him almost impossible to find.
8) I'm not sure what you're asking here. And before you start with some stupid rant about how much I love Obama... I don't. And I probably won't vote for him in the next Presidential election.
9) The War on Terror is a war that is trying to prevent extremists groups from becoming powerful and staging attacks. I agree that the war has failed in protecting places in Pakistan, but the US can't do everything. Muslims have to realize that radical Muslim groups like Al Qaida are DESTROYING Muslims and killing more than any American force has. I'm sorry, but Muslims are too passive in this instance. They don't mind hating "the west"... but Al Qaida will blow up a market full of women and children and everybody just shrugs their shoulders. The War on Terror will end the day the Muslim world (as a whole) stands up to groups like Al Qaida and stops letting them use their country as a sanctuary.
10) Are you talking about extremist groups bombing their own people on their own soil? If so... then the answer is because they are mad men. They are crazy extremists who want to impose their strict interpretation of the Muslim religion on the rest of the world, and will stop at nothing to get that done. These type of people need to be eliminated. Anyone who supports this madness is crazy.
I hope I answered your questions.
us war in kabul is mæninglæss thy must look @ paki aræas may b us work n gæt ræsults lyk yaman.
Every time I hear somebody bragging about those godless predator drones,my stomach turns upside down.In fact,the filthy creeps who operate them should be indicted and brought to justice and dealt with appropriately!!!
Bubba,that makes two of us!!!
No,that makes three of us and hopefully more!
I have changed my mind too.
Hold on there, i have changed my mind.
Not you too?
I am not so sure anymore i am having a change of heart.
Calm down and take a deep breath, and hold it for about an hour.
For goodness sake woman get a grip on yourself.
I won't forget you you are still an idiot.
The President does not hate anybody he only hates the actions of certain people and the Taliban and al Qaeda are some of those people. When you take people lives for the reason of hatred and/or power and control over the people then some people must stand up to these people and their atrocities and America and NATO have the moral values and might to do something about it! God speed for the coalition and Pakistan!
Their has to be a reason or how can there be truth?
Truth is determined through reason, without the ability to reason truth cannot be understood. Blind obedience is not a route to understanding or enlightenment.
I'm glad that at least some of the US money going into the war on ism is going for a good cause. Slowly, we are winning against that threatens people's lives.
Exactly what's so good about killing people who don't deserve to die?Just because Pres.Obama hates the Muslims that doesn't justify what we're doing over there.
I'm with you on that,Jerry and don't let these right-wing nutjobs get your goat.They're only living in their fairy tale world believing that NATO has a right to be over there which it hasn't any more that the Russians did but you can't tell them that.
I am not sure enough is being spent on Predator Drones i want to hear about squadron's of them being launched.
Armaan, the cold war was directly the crass and callous lack of respect towards a ally (Russia) after WW2 and the allies began carving up Europe into various post war boundrys and told Russia to hit the road. Russia had bravely sacrificed 2 MILLION of its soldiers in the extremely intense fighting to take Berlin and end the war. Russia wasn't about to pave the roads of Berlin with the blood of 2 MILLION of its soldiers, be told to simply hit the road and have no presense in post WW2 Germany. Thus they briefly formed East Germany.
Russia then built herself up during the cold war period to the point where in any 24 hour period, she could reduce any country with the sole exception of America to sheer radioactive rubble in a single day.
From your reply you seem to be a India hater. I find that with a great many Muslims. The great culture and religious expressions found thru-out India must be very offensive to Muslims. Oh well, freedom to live and worship any religion is a stalwart value in all western nations.
Neither Iran nor Pakistan would help India flourish by running a Natural Gas pipeline thru their countrys to New Delhi, India. Perhaps you should rethink your argument there.
Millions of Muslims have been murdered and killed as a direct result of Ayman al-Zawahiri ordering the murder of Anwar Saddat as Middle East and Israel-Palistine peace treatys were being negotiated. I suspect you entirely feel it was worth it, just another million lives. To sick and depraved individuals like Ayman al-Zawahiri, millions of lives are simply cannon fodder as long as his live is not one of them. I join Millions of caring individuals around the world that wish Ayman al-Zawahiri a long and very painful death.
You said India is a long time ally of America? Russia also is a long time ally of America,then what was the cold war?
Mr, your knowledge is very poor,there are some record for your information, Peace loving democratic nation India in history since Independence from Britain.
India was a big supporter Communist dictator of Soviet Union in cold war against America and west.
India had good relationship with Cuban dictator Fedal Castro
India had friendly relation with Iraqi dictator Saddam Husain until he was removed by the American
Indian and Russian Companies were involve to build Iraqi Atomic Reactor,later was destroyed by the
Israeli Air Force.
India also had good relation with Egyptian dictator Anwar us Saddat
India's another friendly country Syria governed by dictator Hafiz Assad
Most of the Eastern Europe countries governed by the dictator's these countries all i mention were in the
Soviet block including India.now why so called democratic champion Indians crying too much.
Anyone can see Indian proliferation record.After dipping in Gangas they think they are clean now.
I don't understand why India or you supporter of India so much interested in TPA while India backed out from Iran Pakistan pipeline fear of in conflict situation Pakistan can stop gas to India,does't the same theory apply in TPA.
Stop it you are making India sound like a woman of easy virtue. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Waziristan should tell the US Military to keep it's money and move it's US Refueling fleet out of its country.
Does Waziristan WANT a nearby country to have the trans-Afghanistan pipeline running to New Delhi, India?
Obviously Pakistan certainly doesn't want TAP to be completed and their Taliban fighters don't want TAP successfully pouring badly needed Natural Gas for India.
Running entirely across Afghanistan TAP would certainly pay a large amount of royalty's to the people of Afghanistan if the Karzai Clan didn't corruptly swallow it all up. But the Karzai Clan acts like they are making more money from not allowing TAP to cross it's country than allow it and permit the poor people in Afghanistan to receive the royalty's much like those in Alaska do on a yearly basis.
And why isn't the America media not reporting the importance of the TAP project?
Obviously India, a strong and long time ally of America wants and needs TAP to bring Natural Gas into New Delhi, India.
Why does the CIA and the Karzai Clan appear to be blocking TAP?
You are Dulali tap...
Nothing what you said made sense, it hardly had to do with the subject, nor is it realistic.
Everytime I look at the comments, everyone is just arguing. If you ask me, it looks like we have 3 wars, not 2.
Dan in Lafayette, IN. He can do that because he truly believes Jesus was alive in the days of the Old Testament.
I can't help, but agree. It seems everyone is trying to top each other and they don't even talk about the specfic subject at hand.
Of course you cannot find it printed within the text. That would be the equivalent of finding a coin minted with the date 100BC.
Who are you the finance minister?
Who gave you to right to use my name while blogging in here?Why are you trying to make me look bad?To set the record straight,I'm no warmonger,Tea Partier nor any other kind of right-wing freak!!!
Afghanistan Crossroads is where CNN's reporting converges -- bringing you a diversity of voices, stunning images and video, global perspectives and the latest news from on the ground in Afghanistan and around the world.
- This blog was archived in October 2011.
From all parts of the world and spanning all ages, more than 2,500 U.S. and coalition troops have died in Afghanistan.
Explore the names, ages and faces of the fallen