May 10th, 2010

Taliban vows new operation, defeat to 'invading Americans'

KABUL, Afghanistan — The Taliban announced Saturday it would begin a new operation against U.S. and NATO-led troops in Afghanistan on Monday, vowing that "all foreign invading forces will ultimately face defeat," according to a statement from the group.

"The Al-Faath (victory) operations will target the invading Americans, the NATO military personnel, foreign advisers, spies who pose as foreign diplomats, members of the Karzai stooge administration and members of the cabinet," the Taliban statement said.

The statement, which listed 10 other targeted groups, said the operation would begin May 10, and would use IEDs, blockades, assassinations, abductions and suicide missions.

Afghan Defense Minister Rahim Wardak said Saturday the Taliban does not have the number of fighters or the means necessary to carry out such plans.

In a news conference, Wardak said it's likely the Taliban will continue to use its current tactics of IEDs and suicide attacks, but the group does not have the capability to fight the Afghan and NATO forces.

A spokesman for NATO's International Security Assistance Force told CNN that the Taliban's "pledge to attack the very people committed to securing Afghanistan's future further demonstrates that they have nothing to offer the Afghan people but more blood and tears."

"While President (Hamid) Karzai visits Washington tomorrow to help his people, the Taliban will use violence only to help themselves," said Lt. Col. Tadd Sholtis. "ISAF will work alongside the Afghan people and their government to protect them."

About 100,000 U.S. troops are in Afghanistan, as well as 40,000 NATO-led troops.

CNN's Atia Abawi contributed to this report

Post by:
Filed under: Taliban
  1. Lou

"I feel those who made this announcement are no longer" Go get-em Obama

May 11, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. pj

I used to be supportive of religious freedom. Now, all I can say is the TALIBAN should go back to the hole the came from. Stop using "religion" to justify your misogyny.

May 11, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jay

@marine dad, taliban the day they decided to take on the biggest gorilla ever on this planet, you should stop calling them sissies. It takes lots of courage bordering on madness to take on the US by giving you 9/11. I am no sympathiser of the taliban. We Indians were one of the countries that actively helped the norther alliance in helping to throw taliban out of power. Sorry I called you a yank, i forgot that you are a multiculural society now and yanks are minority in them. Yokel still stands. All analysis points to a cut and run strategy by the US somewhere mid next year. I am looking forward to how they spin it as a great victory.

May 11, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. davec

Mr. Marine, first of all the Taliban are not going to come out and fight like men. Secondly the U.S. Govt is not going to recind the rules of ingagement. With these two realities we have two choices:

1) Remain and fight forever and bleed blood and treasure until we are bankrupt.
    2) Exit.

#1 is what Bin Laden wants and has pulled us into. He has said he wants to cripple the US economy. The two wars we are in have cost us $1T so far with future costs to be borne. That is a good start on crippling us. The Taliban appear to be able to fight longer than we can. Therefore we cannot prevail. We can make up a definition of "win" and achieve it. Then if we leave the Taliban take over and they win. If we define "win", achieve it, and remain we continue to incur the cost of blood and treasure.

We must be practical here. I'd would love for us to be able to vanquish every last enemy but that is not going to happen. So let's do what is practical. And that is – by our current definition of 'win' to train the Afghan army and police to take over. Then we draw down our forces and watch what happens. And that will most likely be a defeat of the Afghan forces by the Taliban.

May 11, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BUBBA -- ALABAMA STYLE!!!

rob brander
    How Big A Boy are you?? Told you earlier to post a phone #. You & Jay and those Indians ain't worth me emptying my bladder on. I'm always looking for a good fight.

May 11, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. marine dad

Jay,REREAD MY PREVIOUS POST...LET ME HELP YOU THIS TIME,I Will MAKE THE LETTERS BIG FOR YOU....THE TALIBAN HIDE....LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN PLAYING GAMES..IF THEY CAME OUT TO FACE OUR FORCES AND THE COALITION FORCES IT WOULD BE OVER REALLY QUICK,SIMPLE FACT..SO SIMPLE..ALSO THE U.S GOVERNMENT SHOULD TURN OUR FORCES LOOSE AND STOP THIS NONSENSE OF "RULES OF ENGAGEMENT" ..OK I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION .NOW ANSWER MINE WHERE YA FROM AND WHO IN HELL CALLS AMERICANS "YANKS" BY THE WAY LOL WHAT IS THIS WORLD WAR 2 ENGLISH LINGO LOL ..buy the way,you amuse me to no end,LOL we can do this all day long and nothings gonna change....oh buy the way,wasn't the taliban supposed to throw us out of the country yesterday and hand us a crushing defeat?

May 11, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. rob brander

Heck, Alabama redneck I'd kick out your teeth 'cept you ain't got none.

May 11, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jay

marine, you didn't answer the question. Why after 9 years of fighting are we about where we started? At this rate we will never finish. I was taught to not start something I couldn't finish. Only a dumb jar head would do such a thing.

May 11, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. marine dad

rob brander and jay... where ya from, wish people like you would have enough guts to say where ya from,I am in central Illinois,come and see me sometime (punks)
    my son which was fresh out of high school had the option of going to college,he chose to serve his country, all soldiers know the risk of combat when they join ,he is highly trained and professional .I would love for either of you to go running your mouths to our soldiers faces....lol you people amaze me..you see if the taliban would come out and fight like men instead of hiding all the time this all would be over with in a real hurry,but they know better and why do they know better??? they know the American and coalition troops are too much for them to handle, have we not seen the evidence of this?? Another thing, we in the U.S consider someone who is brave enough to join the all volunteer forces of the U.S something to be proud of.My dad was a WW2 veteran as were all of my uncles.Perhaps we could end it all if we would just start wiping people out when they had it coming!! But since both of you are not lucky enough to have been born in the U.S,you opinions really do don't make much difference to me,I do have a giant marine battle flag and a American flag outside,but let me know where you 2 are from and I will buy some toilet paper to represent your countries as they should be.lol..HEY BUBBA...ALABAMA STYLE ,THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT,we will have to meet sometime and compare our gun collections !!! lol (another American freedom )

May 11, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. WizardOfBooze

@AmberWamber – Why then are we in Afghanistan ?

May 11, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BUBBA -- ALABAMA STYLE!!!

AmberWamber
    I LIKE YOU. ARE YOU CUTE???

May 11, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. AmberWamber

Jim H. after nine years show me the oil and gas pipelines. You can't cuz we haven't built any.

Catch Bin Laden? You think we've been in this war for nine years to catch Bin Laden? That is not the case.

You think you know what you're talking about but your don't!

If the day were as long as you are ignorant we would all burn to a fricken crisp.

May 11, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jim H.

All of these lives, money, and equipment and having invaded and tried to conquer an entire country to catch bin Laden and a few terrorists who attacks against the U.S., and they haven't been caught yet. The Taliban who allowed al Qaeda to be in the country may be classified by the U.S./NATO as terrorists, but to Afghan families who have had members killed by either the U.S./NATO or by the Taliban, death is death and both sides are terrorists. With al Qaeda dispersed all over the world it appears that Western involvement in Afghanistan has more to do with building oil and gas pipelines and perhaps oil exploration than with al Qaeda. It is time to bring U.S. troops home and allow Afghanistan to determine its own destiny. At least most of the Taliban are Afghans while Western forces obviously are not.

May 11, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  14. AmberWamber

I really think someone just needs a hug. All of this has been caused because Bin Laden lost his teddy bear. 🙁 Poor Mr. Poopy Pants lost his teddy bear! Amazing. Really.

May 11, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dwighthuth

The Taliban cannot befeat the Allied forces alone. Only with the combined support of maybe North Korea, China, Iran and Hugo Chavez MIGHT they even have a chance of defeating Aliied forces. The Taliban do not have any air support, armored support nor naval support to stimmy the continuous advance of Allied troops to return the favor from 9.11.01 They do have Iran but once again that is like throwing a frog against a 101 car freight train. We must be vigiliant at home however as with the recent SUV bombing in NYC has shown that we are still not free from these attacks here at home. What America must do is not look at every Middle Easterner as the enemy as this will only fuel their paranoia into becoming the enemy. We must also look at the groups here in the United States that use paranoia to stir the different colors and belief systems up in an attempt to use them to do their bidding which is to attempt to segregate America into groups of color so that when the time comes for their main attack possibly through Hugo Chavez, China or Iran, American;s will not trust anyone even those born here in America.

May 11, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  16. BUBBA -- ALABAMA STYLE!!!

rob brander
    Post your phone # and we'll talk "BIG BOY"!!!

May 11, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SoldierUS69

I think that the Taliban are a bunch of rediculous losers but we must not underestimate these people. If our goal is to destroy them then we must stay and finish the fight, but if not or if there is no gain to come from all of this then we should leave them to live in their deplorable conditions.

May 11, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  18. real

lets just all kill each other

May 11, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. censorship

As sunni(s) I take a shiite, If will flush the Kurd down the toilet.

May 11, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Braveheart

I say we pull our guys out of that sheit hole and sanitize the whole area with NUKES. Job done!

May 11, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Joe R.

So what else is new? The Taliban have been spewing propaganda from the beginning. However, they continue to suffer more deaths than the Afghan and NATO forces on a ratio basis.

May 11, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  22. John

I'd love to see the Taliban use real war tactics and try to get into a firefight with our soldiers, marines, and air force. Yes AIR FORCE who would blast them to smithereens. We all know they are just cowards and won't ever be able to do anything to drive us out. Its going to take Iran's nuclear program and other things if they even want to have a chance at doing what they say.

May 11, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. scrunge

you got that right, tommy. I'll slap them slilly.

May 11, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tommy

No scrung not a pansy, a killer

May 11, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. ekralcmot

All religions are relics of ignorance. In this day and age it's sad that people still believe all this Mumbo Jumbo. Science has, time and again, shown religion for what it is, a bunch of stories made up by "wise men" to explain the unexplained. Education is the key tool of true freedom, the ability to think for one's self rather than follow some force fed dogma. Buils schools not bombs!

May 11, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Scrunge

You all might think that's a bold thing for me to say but even though I'm gay I'm no pansy.

May 11, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  27. Scrunge

I say we pull all the troops out and when the Taliban declare victory, periodically send in Tomahawk missles to take them out.

May 11, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  28. RALPH

Remember VIETNAM?

Remember Ellsburg?

DE JA VU?

May 11, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  29. tommy

Obviously, if Afghans invaded the US, the posters here would be spouting the same drivel as the Taliban. You don't want revenge, don't invade their country.

May 11, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  30. Jester

now aint that cute

May 11, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  31. Ukowo

Every good governance has representative from Presidency to minimest local chieves in effort to keep the region at peace. My question to Harmid Kazai is who does the local chieves of Afgan are subservient to,... you Mr president or Taliban leader? If you are in charge why do the local leaders chose to harness these bacteria so call Taliban amongst themselves if they are thorns on their skin?

May 11, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  32. Army CPL. {PSYOPS}

I don't see the need for such fighting or to critize India's way of life. We have order's we carry them out. It doesn't matter if we agree or not, but we have a goal to save a country. I can't say if that is the best thing to do or not, but what I can say is the Taliban is not a threat through guns and IEDs but I read that they "suck" at PSYOPS, but that have a a huge advantage over us. They use reglion and threats to will the people their way. The issue is they actually have done good things in certain areas, but are willing to turn on these people they helped in a heartbeat. They need the people to help keep us away from our goals. To be honest I feel this threat is empty like the last hundred threats they have given us and I am sure we can work through this war. I also don't think that critizing people for becoming a soilder is a good thing to do, there are many intelligent young men and women in the military who chose to serve.

May 11, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  33. DA B00G3YMON

WHY CANT WE ALL GET ALONG

May 11, 2010 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  34. marky

why not send in the Isreal Army to finally kill the Taliban... it would be over in 6 days.....

May 11, 2010 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
  35. marky

Time for Chemical Warfare..... instead of word warefare....What relgion are the Taliban ? certainly not Muslim.....

May 11, 2010 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  36. Iraq Paramedic

CNN, I will have to agree with some of these people on one point that being you are not consistant in your sensorship. # 63 above used the explicitive G#^D*%$# & you posted him. What is that?
    May GOD bless & keep us all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  37. johnsbn

CNN is blocking my perfectly decent comments for reasons I cannot fathom.

May 10, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  38. rob brander

hey marine dad way to go,between comments do you go out and buy stars and stripes toilet paper and your probably a FOX NEWS worshipper!! you talk pretty tuff about you and your marine son,but when a ak/47 round or an ied has your dna on it your nothing but a chunk of meat and a memory. you talk about other people being a lost cause. first of all look in your god damn backyard before criticizing someone else's.OKAY MARINE DAD you explain to myself and all the rest of the folks, why 9 years after this all started,why 18 veterans from IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN are commiting suicide everyday,50,000 soldiers have been wounded[mostly amputee's] we all know the marine way of thinking would be to send these wounded back so they could roll across the sand and spit grenades at the badboy's!!you mentioned in a previous comment about 25% boy there's popularity,sounds like bush and cheney days. which reminds me maybe those 2 should go around in their retirement years and look into the eye's of mothers and fathers who have lost a son in IRAQ or AFGHANISTAN [i'll bet you marine dad a flat of budweiser those 2 don't make it to the last set of eye's]

May 10, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Jay

@Marine dad (#53), Indian dudette my as*. Why is US unable to finish off a rag tag army of a few thousands with all their awesome soldiers (he is a soldier most likely because he can't get any other job) and amazing technology. Man to man if anything the taliban has shown time and again they can match the stupid yokel from US. Let's see the Indians are holding out in Kashmir better than the yanks in Afghanistan. There is only so many things you can do with a drone you dumbas*. At the way the yanks are fighting they will be there forever.

May 10, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  40. M. TRICIA LEE

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I saw an article which said that the US is thinking of pulling
    out of Iraq and putting all our American forces in Afghanistan
    instead.

This sounds like the better idea to me - to have all our troops
    stationed in just the one country.

Slome of us are ready for troop withdrawal - this war
    is going on ten years now.

May 10, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Marine dad

FIRST,"almighty god" IS JUST AN EXCLAMATION, a plain old saying,I had a much better one,but decided not to use it so my comments can be posted. If you consider ignorance as speaking the truth well I am guilty as charged,these people such as the taliban and other extremest groups need to be irradicated using all means necessary and if we cannot accomplish this let them do it to themselves,I am not really sure of your of the main point of your comments (johnbn) but as long as you can reason with 25% of us....thats all that matters,the sun will shine and all will be well with the world and to god delusion and johnson bn ..my son has never been to a church in his life,I am a firm believer that religion causes and has caused too many problems throughout history and still it goes on and on and on.As far as being an extremest myself not true at all, I would love to see butterflys,rainbows peace on earth and everyone living in peace and harmony ( lol lol ) but I am REALIST ,IT IS NOT EVER GOING TO HAPPEN, it is in our nature to kill and be cruel to each other,thats the way it has always been since the beginning of history,thats the way it always will be.sorry if you guys have trouble facing reality....

May 10, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Arihant Sharma - India

A lot of folks took my statement to be anti-American.

The sarcasm in my post is based on the cynic belief that the good work America and her allies are doing in Afghanistan will amount to nothing – precious lives of soldiers lost and billions in wasted wealth. Even if a democracy is installed, after the US/allies leave, democracy will degenerate into a feudal setup and the Taliban and successors will be back again.

In short, the entire region is toast.

May 10, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  43. http://twitter.com/whybs

"The Taliban announced Saturday it would begin a new operation against U.S. and NATO-led troops"

So, how many Taliban will be wearing those burqas for women? 🙂

They must feel safe in women clothes until... they blow themselves up! 🙂

May 10, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Johnsbn

Ony when people can think above the race, religion (including the almighties) and other segregations, will this war end. Pulling out the troops or what not, isn't the end of story. People just take different forms to indulge in violence like Taliban, Nazis, KKK, holy-crusades and a myriad other extremists. Reading half the comments here, I can say that the taliban are not the only ignorant ones. But I believe I can reason with atleast 25% of you here but none whatsoever with Taliban. So I agree on one thing – the taliban and it's ilk need to be stopped asap.

May 10, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  45. GOD DELUSION

I wish you would all stop talking about your imaginary friends, your gods!

If you dumped these delusions you might stand a chance. As long as you keep sending your children to madrassahs and churches and brainwashing them, this war will go on and on and on.

There is no evidence for the existence of such things as gods. This iincludes allah and jehovah too.

Get used to it.

May 10, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  46. BUBBA -- ALABAMA STYLE!!!

Marine dad,
    Great comments! Especially with that dudette from india. Those people smell worse than my pigs. They don't use toilet paper. I heard they use their hand and sometimes don't wash before dinner. That's disgusting.

May 10, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  47. James----Atlanta & Also a Marine Dad

Marine dad,
    I also have a son in the Marines. 3rd Battalion just getting in Afghanistan and more than willing to eliminate the Taliban who definetly don't have the guts to go toe to toe with a bunch of Combat trained "MARINES" and that goes for the anti American Indians too.

May 10, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Marine dad

God almighty,did you guys see we are receiving comments from india( a third world nation with nuclear weapons that never contributes to anything in this world except filthy living conditions,over population and whining ,we can only hope india and pakistan or maybe better yet india and china annihilate each other with nuclear weapons and lighten the weight on that side of the planet and save us the trouble whupping your primate asses !! lol And as far as the taliban are concerned my son and a whole helluva lot of other Marines are just itching to send them to the land of virgins ,they are not afraid of the taliban and mainly consider them hide and seek sissies that aint got the b*lls to go toe to toe against an awesome weapon like a U.S. soldier and last thing of all for the dudette from india,you got anymore anti-American stuff to say.I wish you could say it to my son or one of his comrades,he would give you a beating that you would never forget, because he is an American ,he is trained to be a man .

May 10, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  49. BUBBA -- ALABAMA STYLE!!!

Bring home the Troops and dust off the Nukes

May 10, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  50. BUBBA -- ALABAMA STYLE!!!

Joe Sixpack,
    Them ole farm animals spell better than you!

May 10, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  51. JoeSixpack

Amazing, these stripes don't run.

May 10, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Amazing

They said they would begin attacks in Afghanistan. What about all those deaths in Iraq? is this the beginning or the end?? This war will never end!

Bring all troops from the US and EU back home!!!!!!

May 10, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Blawzzang

it's true that the Taliban did build roads and schools in the region- just like it's true that Adolf Hitler repaired the infrastructure of Germany.

1000s of women on suicide watch in Afghanistan after the brief reign of not just a band of terrorists- but some of the most ANTI-WOMEN politics and violence that has ever occurred in recorded human history.

Fanaticism of ANY stripe is wrong. willingness to turn your beliefs into such things as setting women on fire and legalizing the murder of women reaches a point that is beyond barbarism- it's a rabid, mindless, and paranoid example of the very worst male stereotypes, with any pretense at accountability ripped away and replaced with "glory to god".

Hell is real, and it is nothing more or less than experiencing what you have done to others, in their place. near death experiences have taught us this, and in a few years it will all be hard science.

The Taliban are in for a hell worse than they can possibly imagine.

May 10, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  54. JoeSixpack

And BUBBA, does Alabama style have anything to do with farm animals?

May 10, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  55. JoeSixpack

And you zane are inzane.

May 10, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  56. JoeSixpack

Lisa what planet are you from? The Taliban man tells it like it is my little ho bag.

May 10, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  57. zane

All this time I thought the Taliban quit and went home. . Is this really anything new?

May 10, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Lisa

Why even debate the stupidity of the Taliban. They are stupid. The people who believe them are stupid. Where's the question again? Ever think that, when all this ranting about the Taliban goes on....they get what they want from the American people? As long as you are focused on the Taliban and whatever ridiculous garbage they are spewing this week, you're not thinking about the men and women, our troops, who are fighting the war in Afghanistan so that you don't have to deal with it back here in the US. If you give those idiots pause to think about them, they believe that they have "won" in their minds. Because they have your attention.

And Joe Sixpack, if you think the Taliban really is a bunch of freedom fighters, you had better drink your beer now because it would be outlawed under Taliban rule.

Let the troops do their job and support the work that they do.

May 10, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  59. BUBBA -- ALABAMA STYLE!!!

Hey Joe Sixpack,
    BOY ARE YOU STUPID!

May 10, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  60. James T

SADDAM SAID THE SAME THING LOL

May 10, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Bill McGowan

Never trust anybody who celebrates achieving manhood by wearing his underwear on his head.

May 10, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Waco

@Joesixpack Thanks for coming out the closet. For a second i thought you might be a real person that really thinks that way. BTW you are taking the position of less then 1% of americans on the inside job which has been disproved to be just a few retards on the internet making names and s**t up. Grats on being part of the gulliable internet people.

As far as the talibans little rant. This is just yet another attempt to make gulliable middle easterns think that they are not finished yet. If you can convince people that your side is going to win then people will join you regardless of how crazy your cause is. We should honestly be in full on assination mode right now. Pull out the majority of our troops to the borders and send in snipers and spys. Find them – Kill them. No questions asked.

May 10, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Dan in Lafayette,IN

That's it, keep it up Creeping Death give these cowards their martyrdom!

May 10, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Arihant Sharma - India

@ARMY SGT – "WE ARE MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR YOURS AND MY CHILDREN. WE ARE NOT TRYING TO RULE THE WORLD WE ARE TRYING TO HELP A YOUNG DEMOCARCY GET CONTROL OF ITS OWN COUNTRY."

I can hear Eddie Murphy's signature laugh in my head, every time I read this.

May 10, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Creeping Death

Oh, is this the same Taliban that is being killed at such a fast rate that they can't replinish? Last I checked you guys hide in bushes because you are cowards and even with that you die so quick it is like shooting fish in a barrel. Look forward to sending more of you to hell soon!

May 10, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  66. ARMY SGT

JOE SIXPACK SUX, IAM IN AFGHANSITAN. WE ARE MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR YOURS AND MY CHILDREN. WE ARE NOT TRYING TO RULE THE WORLD WE ARE TRYING TO HELP A YOUNG DEMOCARCY GET CONTROL OF ITS OWN COUNTRY. PEOPLE LIKE YOU JOE HAVE ALL THE OPINIONS IN THE WORLD BUT HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING FOR THE GREATER GOOD. IF YOU DONT SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY THAN YOU MOVE TO SHAH WALI KOT AND SEE HOW LONG ITS TAKES BEFORE YOU ARE BEHEADED BY YOUR "FREEDOM FIGHTERS"

May 10, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Lynnwood

If it hadn't been for George W. and his little weapon of mass distraction, Iraq, we'd be done by now in Afghanistan. Remember? The people who actually attacked us? (I know, forigners under Taliban protection, not actually Afghans, but that distiction is now irrelevant. They were given a choice who to side with)

May 10, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Joe

As soon as you mention "suicide" it shows you're not only evil, but you're also desperate. Notice how the leaders never commit suicide, just their young confused followers. God will punish them all.

May 10, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Mirza Baeg (Rawalpindi)

@Michael P : "TALIBAN ARE IGNORANT AND DONT UNDERSTAND THAT OUR CHRISTIAN KINDNESS IS A WEAKNESS."

I guess it is Christian kindness that props up despotic and non-democratic regimes in the Middle East so that the Christian West can plunder oil wealth. I guess it is the same Christian kindness that destroyed the Mayan culture.

In reality, all Semitic religions are similar when it comes to hypocrisy – all share the same expansionist and instincts to wage war. Even a cursory read of history will prove my point. I see no difference between the Islamists and the Christian West are engaged in now. (The Christian west does manage to devastate societies and cultures with stealth).

I was just thinking to myself – when a Hindu or a Buddhist, hears talk of Jesus or Mohammad being son of god and final prophet, Christianity and Islam sound pretty much equally fanatical – believe or else there is no salvation. ( contrary to Eastern thought – which says there are many ways to attain divinity )

I think mankind's salvation lies in Eastern philosophy – where the emphasis is on philosophy ie, do good because you want to vs. do good because God commanded you to do so.

**** my apologies if I have offended anybody ****

May 10, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Heidi

My husband is stationed at a small base in the south region of Afghanistan near Pakistan. He said just the other day a delivery guy was bringing ice and supplies to the base and was stopped by the Taliban. They shot him right in the head. he was just a contractor trying to make a few bucks, not even a soldier..... These guys are pure evil, and I don't think we will ever win or end this war. very sad....

May 10, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  71. The_Mick

The Taliban blew it when they stabbed the Pakistan Gov't in the back and broke their deal over running the Swat Valley. Now Pakistan realizes the serious trouble the Taliban represents and, as a result the Taliban no longer has a "demilitarized zone" they can hide in. The Taliban is definitely on the run right now and this statement sounds more like desperation than anything.

May 10, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  72. JoeSixpack

To JOHN H. blablabla... nobody has comes lately to the US with guns and bombs and kill Americans in order to tell you how the live your life.. who gives the US the right to dictate any sovereign country how to manage their lives.. and it's not the Afghans that did 911... every body except for a few redneck knows by now that 911 was an inside job.. wake up brother!

May 10, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jumpjock

prove to me and EVERYONE ELSE, Irrefutably, that it was an inside job. Prove it!

May 24, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  73. JOHN H.

TO JOESIXPACK. it think all that beer you been drinking is screwing up your head. the taliban are NOT FREEDOM FIGHTERS. they are oppressors and take away peoples freedom in afghanistan. REMEMBER THAT THE U.S. WAS ATTACKED FIRST. THE TALIBAN WAS GIVEING SAFE HAVEN TO BIN LADIN. THE TALIBAN GOT WHAT THEY ASKED FOR. END OF STORY.

May 10, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Dan in Lafayette,IN

Hey Joe you must have drank too many sixpacks, the Taliban are nothing but terrorists. They kill women in public and throw acid on young girls to terrorize the people for power and control! These extremists rule under sharia law which is from the sixth century and is outdated by any religion or government here in the twenty first century. They use Islam as a way to terrorize the population to have power and control over them!

May 10, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Michael P

TELL THEM TO POST THIS. ONE HUMVEE COMBAT LOAD IS 7000 ROUNDS. THAT MEANS A TEN VEHICLE CONVOY IS 70000 ROUNDS. GIVE ME 20 ARMY PRIVATES AND AND TEN VEHICLES AND I COULD TAKE OUT HALF OF AFGHANISTAN. TALIBAN ARE IGNORANT AND DONT UNDERSTAND THAT OUR CHRISTIAN KINDNESS IS A WEAKNESS. WE HAVE SOLDIERS DO A HUNDRED PATROLS AND NEVER FIRE A SINGLE ROUND. YES ARMY SOLDIERS PATROL EVERYDAY AND NEVER SHOOT ANYBODY. WE ONLY FIRE WHEN FIRED AT. BUT ARE WE CAPABLE OF FIRING YES. WE HAVE 7000 ROUNDS IN THAT HUMVEE THAT COULD TAKE OUT ANY CITY IN AFGHANISTAN. DONT BE STUPID TALIBAN. YOU ARE NOT WINNING A WAR. THE TALIBAN ARE IMPURE HUMANS. IF YOU ARE RELIGIOUS YOU SHOULD REFLECT YOUR RELIGION WAS MUHAMMED A MASS MURDERER. CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS PATROL EVERYDAY AND ONLY HURT BAD PEOPLE. YES SOMETIMES INNONCENT PEOPLE GET IN THE WAY BUT STUFF HAPPENS.

May 10, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  76. JoeSixpack

To John H. you must have smoked to much of that opium from Afghanistan, brother.. The real terrorists are the US and NATO not the "Taliban" a.k.a. freedom fighter who want their country free of foreign occupation

May 10, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jumpjock

you joesixpack have had to many six packs. You are an unadulterated IDIOT!

May 24, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  77. JOHN H.

the taliban have only one weapon and that is TIME! they can only hope to outlast us. thats why the world has a commitment to NEVER LEAVE AFGHANISTAN untill these insane idiots are all exterminated. ISLAM IS THE ENEMY OF CIVILIZATION. any victory they achieve will only cause more war. CLOSE ALL SAUDI ARABIAN FUNDED ISLAMIC MADDRASSA SCHOOLS WORLDWIDE AND IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS TERRORISM WILL START TO DECREASE.

May 10, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  78. JoeSixpack

What the hell is the US and its NATO puppets doing in Afghanistan anyhow??? Protect the poppies fields...???

May 10, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  79. censorship

Hey Mr. Taliban, tally me dead terrorists. Daylight come and me wanna go home.

May 10, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Ukowo

If I could have my way into The World Leaders Conference on Terrorism.. I will ask one question and sternly demands an answer; Where was the Afgan and Pakistani leaders when these hellish Talibans were cropping up? Cos I know for sure just like my name that every imp cabals started from a tread before became a barbwire?. Why do the Nato/American forces have to pay by their blood over the stoics of myopic and visionless leaders from those regions?

May 10, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  81. asif

long live da taliban

May 10, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Voice of Reason

Its called PsyOps, people! Its not the TB's fault they suck at it! It usually backfires because it makes them look so childish. How many times have I heard that this spring, they are going to kick US out of the country, but the Spring comes and nothing comes out. At this point, the soldiers on the ground, and I know because I have been there with them for years, don't even pay attention to any of this crap. The only people stressed out about these TB threats are the CNN readers! 🙂

Personally, I think if God needs me to do his dirty work, such as kill infidels, then that God is not worthy of my worship!

May 10, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Ukowo

I feel sick but not exasperated about the open truth Taliban have declared not just to the Nato troupes but to the world power's troupes.
    Why are the world powers lenient to a fault to deal with such group of desperadoes and fallen angels who turn Afganistan into abyss of vampires while there have peacekeeper like LITTLE BOY or FAT MAN at their disposal? Is this a war without end? Pls Obama do somthing before somthing will do you.

May 10, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Iraq Paramedic

Who Wee the Taliban sure get people worked up when they make treats. They are just doing their best not to show how crippled they already are. Even though they are some very uneducated, viscous inbreds they got some guts to stand up against the worlds greatest military & world powers & say bring it on, or else they are just high on their own opium. I think they are stoned & sick from sucking the fieces off of their brothers little penises. Even though our military has their hands tied behind their backs with this political correctness grap we will stomp their butt into the ground.
    May GOD bless & keep us all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 10, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  85. joe

what does illegal alliens have to do with this story willie

May 10, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  86. jon

these muslims can't help it. It's from all the inbreeding they do from raping their own kids. But what should you expect from this bunch of parisites, after all their so called prophet Muhammad was a child rapist to.

May 10, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  87. Dan in Lafayette,IN

You Taliban and Islamic extremists are cowards! You only know how to plant IED's and strap on explosives to kill as many innocent people as you can! God hates those who use death and destruction to terrorize the people of Afghanistan or Pakistan for that matter! All you want is power and control over the people and to force them to adhere to your sick ideology that is from the six century. You terrorize the people to force them to abide by laws from the six century but we live in the twenty first century and America and NATO will kill all you murderous thugs so God can have his judgment upon you! You all will burn in hell!

May 10, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  88. citizenUSA

Back in the old days in New York City, if you let it out that you were after someone, usually that someone would come and get you fist without any advance notice. It was a pretty good system unless you were the dope givng out TMI.

May 10, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  89. Tim L.

damn sensored again Thank you

May 10, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  90. arun

There is no end to this. Its the belief system of martyrdom , converting the whole world to Islam etc. There will be no peace until Afghans convert back to Hinduism and start to enjoy the one life we have

May 10, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  91. Tim L.

General Pattons qoute; Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. Bring it on talibani.

May 10, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  92. Tim L.

will I hear ya they only post comments when they feel like it

May 10, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  93. Hibbo

Gods and sheep and wars. Wake up Earth!!

May 10, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  94. maddawg

lol...gods...

how pathetic of a concept is that and then to act so idiotically in the name of such a lame concept?!?!

well taliban...your god sucks and doesn't even exist...so blow yourselves up....you're doing the world a favor...

don't let the lemmings sway your cause...BLOW YOUR SELVES UP....

IT DOES THE WORLD MORE GOOD THAN BAD!

May 10, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  95. Will

Post my comment you f*(ks

May 10, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  96. armybride

My husband is currently serving in Afghanistan. When I told him of the Taliban's latest threat, he remarked on how thoughtful it was for the Taliban to provide the date and details so the army could finally be properly ready and on the defensive.

As if!

May 10, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  97. Cronkie

Taliban can do all the above with the use of Iranian forces and budget!

May 10, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  98. Willie12345

Illegal Aliens announce that they will accept all social security and free health benefits offered to them by the foolish US tax payers.

May 10, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  99. Robert

So the Taliban is announcing that they'll try to do what they've always tried to do? What is it with Islamic Extremist Organizations and their junior grade smack talk?

May 10, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • alex

why don't you look at the mirror and ask yourself why the hell US forces are in Afghanistan and Iraq?

May 23, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jumpjock

The answer to your question is easy. We are there to help bring a new peace to the Middle East. Once that is complete the world will have to worry less about terrorists killing people for their "great godly" cause. Were any of your family or family in the WTC when the planes hit them or when they collapsed? NO you say. Well its no wonder you don't understand or care why we are over there.

May 24, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
      • Richard

We are in Afghanistan,Iraq and Panama to clean up pappa Bush's dirty landry.Do you realy think that we could cair about how those people are doing?If we do we must be alful dumb.We install croupt dictators, ask them to do diety deeds for us then replace them when thay become a liabilty.Thats why thay hate us.

June 6, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  100. prediction

Taliban, you have caused god a great deal of shame.
    Go die, appease god for your sins.

May 10, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |