April 22nd, 2010

Volcano's effect on Afghanistan

CNN's Atia Abawi examines the effect the ash cloud is having on commercial and military travel in Afghanistan.

1. David

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, regardless of how stupid it is. Jon may seem like a blathering idiot, but it's his constitutional right to be so. I find it ironic how people invoke the values of America to silence people with deviant opinions, when that is probably the most unAmerican thing to do.

April 26, 2010 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. Glenn

Right on, SoS

April 25, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jp

It is not CNN's fault that jon posted that so back off. He is just stupid. However no one else cares. They are all mad at Smith for what he said. He meant no harm, he just wants peace... isn't that what we all want?

April 25, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. truthbearer

So being that I am prior military, and I agree with all statements except for "smith", I also swore to uphold and defend the constitution againt all enemies foriegn and domestic. So does that include defending it against Obama?

April 25, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. Sally

I love my latte at Starbucks and my granola. Oregon is a beautiful state. Muslims belong to a religion that is universal and that, unlike some Christian groups, accepts Darwin's great breakthrough that has allowed us to enjoy science-based medical care. Al-Qaida is not Muslim, it is anti-Muslim, just one more apocalyptic fantasy club.

I also love my country and am proud of our commitment to human rights around the world.
    Believe it or not, good coffee, healthy food, and appreciation of nature might be the best medicine for kids who grow up on video games, lax supervision, and dead-end communities.

Get over trashing your fellow Americans and learn a little tolerance, guys!

April 23, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jameel

how can you allow posts like number 3 to remain up? what is wrong with you all? the second that americans realize that muslims are fellow human beings, then we won't have wars like this.

April 23, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Barb USA

WOW, Smith. apparently you have NO clue! Go back to your latte at Starbucks and keep off the net. My two sons have pledged to uphold the constituation against both foreign and domestic enemies. I hope they never come across your sorry butt. I pray for the children of Afstan that one day they will have the opportunities that our children here in the USA have. At least we don't have to send our kids into the poppie fields to pick for a livelyhood...or steal from our soliders that are there trying to help them.

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

April 23, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. JK

I have been in Afghanistan for over 11 months and can't wait to get back to the states. But I was just informed that our replacements are having a hard time finding a flight out here because of the ash. I just hope the air clears up enough for them to get here and for us to get home.

And I hope the ANAs, ANSF, and ANPs can take over soon. But even they are corrupted. Just the other day we had patients come in because an ANA had shown up to training with a sucide vest on and killed himself and one American soldier. I just hope we can help these people and get home safely!

April 23, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. Smith iismoron

Good job smith, maybe you should go over their. It sounds like you would fit right in.

April 23, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  10. Spc. B

Says the man in the air conditioned room that has never served in the military or been to a war zone a day in his life.

-Message from Kandahar, Afghanistan

April 23, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. Judd

One more thing to think about. Other than the fact that we're over there cleaning up all the insane blood crased terrorists in that region, we're also burning poppy fields and building schools so more people will get educated and realize that terrorism and drugs lead to a dead end.

April 23, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  12. Judd

Invasion? Are you serious? Smith in Oregon, you obviously aren't an American, and if you are you've been living on a different planet for the last 10 years. People like you need their citizenship revoked. Go read a book, and stop playing around on the internet.

April 22, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |