February 18th, 2011

The 'Afghan Oprah' opens up

The "Afghan Oprah," Mozhdah Jamalzadah, discusses her talk show and why she decided to return to Afghanistan.

Post by:
Filed under: Life and Culture
  1. IllWill

Dan's comments are shockingly stupid. I am white Canadian Atheist (putting it out there just so you don't go called me an Islamist). Colonial powers have been opressing these people by supporting whatever dictators were in power because order and the bottom line were always far more important to said powers than justice or freedom like they say. Salerno is right in calling this a genocide as it would be anywhere else in the world if a government bombed and killed 60 civilians. Is the US occupation of Iraq not responsible for over one million civilian casualties? I watch CNN too, but I do not rely on it as my only source of news, as it is censored by western powers. Anytime you cite scripture to make a point, being from the Torah, Qu' ran or Bible, you show how much of a sheep you are. Wake up Americans you are not fighting for freedom. http://www.infowars.com http://www.aljazeera.net

February 23, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • salerno

IIIWill- you did very well to precise to be a white canadian atheist, otherwise they would have thought you could be a Taliban or a terrorist, like they said about me. BTW I am a white born in Italy from all Italian family, but not living there. We can have different opinion about religion, philosophy, but we have to be coherent.

February 23, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • joelle esther benyayer

the fact is also in holland and france some terrorists not only al qaida but the nazis european do it destroy the culture i know what i talking about my music make me in trouble face damage teeth dammage muslims from holland and nazi dutchs german italian very active in holland and now in south of france some dutchs get help of islmaists to agess jewish in france and holland i accus some of asterdam airport to be involds and take dangerous people in france with some complciity of police in frejus south of france was in holland and a grilsclose to evangelis franc maçons are now member of nazis group Joelle esther benyayer after a meeting in bavaria holland and south of france

April 3, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. Dindy

salerno .it is Matthew chapter 5 VERSES 21 AND 22

February 22, 2011 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
    • salerno

I know Matthew 5, but it is different from what Dan told. In fact, the murder is worse than verbal offense. So it is untrue we are not judged only for what is going out our mouth.

February 22, 2011 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  3. salerno

CNN reported on feb 20:"Afghan governor:women and children killed in military operation". updated 19:38

February 22, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
    • salerno

Dan – no reply ? Once again I unmasked your lies.

February 22, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dindy

I WATCH CNN EVERY DAY AND NIGHT . WHEN DID THIS INCIDENT HAPPEN? 64 CIVILIANS ?😦

February 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dan from Chicago, IL

Jesus never said that, but anybody believing Jesus was not resurrected and says such things about Him must be. I rarely curse and would never curse my Savior and as I said His body was resurrected and there is no dead body. Also when did CNN tell this story about America killing 64 people because I usually have CNN on and never seen it so I do believe that you are lying.

February 21, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • salerno

Dan you are living curse against Jesus, as in his name you justifie military operations resulting in killing of innocent people.

February 22, 2011 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy

salerno what I have is Holy Bible New living translation

February 22, 2011 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Dindy

Dan from Chicago,IL............The sermon on the mount ..I am reading right now .....(Matthew chapter 5....then what is written in the verses 11 and 12 are beautiful.

February 22, 2011 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Dindy – those verses are not referring to you, but to the true cristians.

February 22, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. salerno

Among the 64 civilians killed, about 30 were women and 20 children. This is the holocaust going on. This is the DEAD BODY OF CHRIST YOU ARE WORSHIPING and CURSING !!!

February 21, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy

If the civilians are dying ..it is a serious matter. yet Terrorists did that in Sri lanka. They used humans shield for protection. Then the government Army told them to leave them(insurgents) And civilians without arms risking there lives and came to official army camps. So civilians without arms should leave insurgents as much as they can. we all commented on this incident about Afghan governor "s incident with women and children. Salerno war is terrible and we dont want war. As you know very well they are after someone and where is he ? and his friends.? The war wil end as soon as the culprit come out.

February 22, 2011 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

They are animals killing civilians instead of Osama. I think they do not ewant really to capture him.

February 22, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  7. salerno

Can you quote wich verse of the NT did Jesus tell that ? I remember something different .

February 21, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dindy..

Salerno...how you say others are anti Christians when you say Idiots to other people . Jesus has talked about in Mathew. The people who call others with such bad words going to hell. You are the anti Christ here. Not Dan.

February 21, 2011 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
    • salerno

Dindy – You can say I am a sinner, not an anti-Crhist, IDIOT !!

February 21, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

We are living a new Holocaust and you are talking about verbal offenses ?? Shame for your stupidity !!

February 21, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

Jesus said it is not what goes into your mouth that which you are condemned, but that of which comes out of your mouth that you will be condemned!!

February 21, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

Anybody that calls JESUS' BODY A DEAD ONE IS AN ANTI-CHRIST! And tell me please what holocaust are we going through? The death of terrorism?

February 21, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Accordingly to the Gospels and S:John revelation, the anti-Christ is a false Christ, deceiving the people, like you are doing right now, simulating to be christian, but pursuing evil purpose killing innocent people.

February 21, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy

SALERNO...PLEASE READ THIS................
        MATTHEW 5 : 21..
        YOU HAVE HEARD THAT THE LAW OF mOSES SAYS.......iF YOU COMMIT MURDER,YOU ARE SUBJECT TO JUDGMENT.bUT i SAY IF YOU ARE ANGRY WITH SOMEONE YOU ARE SUBJECT TO JUDGMENT.iF YOU CALL SOMEONE AN iDIOT YOU ARE IN DANGER OF BEING BROUGHT BEFORE THE HIGH COUNCIL .aND IF YOU CURSE SOMEONE YOU ARE IN DANGERS OF THE FIRES OF HELL.
        i ASK FORGIVENESS IF i HAVE DONE ANY OF THOSE THINGS TO YOU. YOU CAN DO THE SAME.

February 21, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

OK – Dindy, I agree with your last post, and understood you had some problem with suicide bombers in Sri Lanka, so you are shocked. I will not offend you anymore, but realize that killing innocent people is not the christan way.

February 22, 2011 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan from Chicago, IL

Thank you Dindy for standing up to the truth and myself.

February 21, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

The truth about my statement of civilians killed was confirmed by the media including CNN.

February 21, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

I mean for the truth Dindy.

February 21, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy

Dan,,,,,you are welcome . Thanks to you also for your comments.

February 21, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. salerno

64 civilians killed in Afghanistan by US in these days.

February 20, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan from Chicago, IL

That is a lie. Maybe 64 militants killed and how would you know anyway? And if you say you've got friends there I'd believe you, but they would be the most outwittings of all of Islam and if your Islamic you know what I'm talking about. Yes for the warriors of Islam it is OK to lie to the enemy for the benefit of their war effort. Isn't that right salerno?

February 20, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

My friends are true christians not anti-christians like you. They correctly accuseed US for civilian killing. Al-Jazeera showed the images of the massacre of afghan women and children.

February 21, 2011 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan from Chicago, IL

If there were 64 civilians killied in the last few days it would be all over these blogs.

February 20, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

Your evil lies will only make your spirit burn longer and more severely.

February 20, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Dan – IDIOT !! Fortunately there is Al-Jazeera correctling reporting the truth. Only AFTER al-Jazeere CNN reported the news as your media are censored. You are not for freedom, but for oppression. This is a NEW HOLOCAUST going on. I can be only glad when the american soldie4rs responsible for that killing die, as it makes the world is a little more free.

February 21, 2011 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  10. Dindy..

Miss Mozhdah is beautiful.

February 20, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  11. Dindy..

Good posts Dan.

February 20, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. usmc0317

I will try this again. I will be the frst to stand up for this country and what we stand for. I would give my life in a heart beat for any elected official starting always with the honorable president obama. I am just a simple former active duty Marine. You People really need to open your eyes and see. No they dont show you dead young men comeing home everyday. So lets talk bout what you people seem to care about. OPRA ,,,,, She worked hard to get where she is right. yes she did. Many folks better than her worked harder to allow it. WAKE UP AMERICA Lets get back to what is real

February 19, 2011 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan from Chicago, IL

Thank you for your service, marine. I am sorry about your loss. You have done a great service not only for America but also for the free world and may your service not be in vein.

February 19, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |

Don't speak for me Dan.

February 19, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

Why would I speak for you who has no respect for freedom and democracy or for the United States which has given opportunity for the entire world with it's own blood, sweat and tears!

February 19, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

US is not for real freedom, as they are supporting Israel occupation and directly interferfering with many countries.
        They turned the UK direct colonialism into an economic- political colonialism.

February 20, 2011 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. Felix

Thank You Mr.Riza
    I have afghan friends in the US, honestly afghanistani people are very honest and friendly. I have great fate that Afghanistan will raise once again with support of US. we love your people also and thank you once again for such a great positive post. Rarely we find people like you.

High respect from Felix \\(^_^)//

February 18, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • salerno

Felix – If you rarely find people like Riza, That speaks volumes about the real truth.

February 19, 2011 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

And what is the real truth? That the afghan people want the Taliban and the terrorists to rule in their country?

February 19, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

The truth is the americans are the oppressor, as always they support the wrong side for their evil goals.

February 19, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

How can you be such an imbecile?

February 19, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Dan – You are talking about yourself using the imbecile calling. Freedom does not need bombing and wars, they are the opposite. Middle east countries were under western occupation or oppression since the last 2 centuries. Their true best leadership was wiped out by colonialism and US influence.

February 20, 2011 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
  14. Dindy..

Great Post Riza. Now we are hearing the real truth.

February 18, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Dan from Chicago, IL

It's a good thing Riza that your returning to your homeland. I wish the same for all other refugees who left because of these wars. It is a shame that some people would teach such hatred for people just to gain power and support for their ambition to rule over the people and the people have no idea that we are there to help them to be rid of people who would do such things as kill themselves and many others because all they want is to have a choice in who will govern them along with the freedom to live as they please and not be forced by religious fanatics as how to live when they kill people out of hatred and have no love for one another!

February 18, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Prophet

I respect you Riza pls take care and will see you around

February 18, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Riza Afghan

30 year of war and 95% of afghans have been out of Afghanistan because of Taliban.

You should know, 95% Afghan citizens have been living outside Afghanistan for the paste 30 years, all obtained other countries citizenship just to live there, it doesn't mean they've changed their mind completely. They will return to their homeland anyhow. Homeland is homeland !!!

To be honest, i obtained my Russian citizenship around 8 years ago and Russian government toke my Afghani Passport but i traveled to UAE and obtained my Afghani passport back and travelling Afghanistan 1-2 times a year and i am sure after 6-10 year i will leave Russia for ever & travel back to my home "Afghanistan", my right and status is 100 times higher then being a fake Russian, I am an Afghan and everyone loves me in Afghanistan.

There is one positive point which all afghans learnt from this war. this war forced all afghans to leave Afghanistan and traveled world wide and we have learnt world wide culture and Afghans know how to behave with any people around the world, no matter from Asia/Europe/USA. We know all them, their behaviour, their reaction, positive / negative / way of talking etc...

If there was no war in Afghanistan, all Afghans would live just like Mongolian People or Pakistani People or Irani People.

90% Irani/Pakistani People never traveled outside their country and never had contact with a foreigner.

Best Example is Pakistan: Why most Pakistanies hate Americans ?
    Reason: because some Pakistani uneducated Monk misguided all Pakistani youths and taught them to hate Americans/Europians because they are the bad guys. if Pakistanies travel to USA/Europe, they will know how good Americans and Europians are, how honest and beautiful & proud people they are.

my main point is, Afghans traveled everywhere due to this war and most afghans are updated and are aware of all kinda people and we love Americans and Eurpians and Asians.

To stop hatred, don't listen to anyone. Better travel yourself and find the true history of a country. if you are listening to a monk or to an uneducated lecturer and start hating a country then you are an idiot and uneducated.

Always believe what you see, never listen to anyone, of course listen to positive people, if they are spreading hatred, you better travel or google it😉
    and update yourself before shouting and start hating people.

Lots of Love From Riza and Afghanistan People.

// Regards from a Student in Russia Moscow – Specialist "Programmer"

February 18, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riza Afghan

and of course, Love you Mozhdah Jamalzadah😀
      no matter whateva you wear, i have no problem with it. you look like a butterfly🙂

February 18, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • usmc0317

Wow just a Marine here. How many of you actually are able to read. next how many of you ever put your life on the line to defend anything other than your own personal interests. Remember " FREEDOM OF SPEECH" but remember the little known thing called intelligent thought. Think before you open your mouth. You love their people. ......... What about your own. I believe we should always support those who can not fight for themselves. Many good men lost their lives " I LOST A LEG" for what is 95% illegals.. Do I understand what you people say you love. Like I said just a dumb Marine here. Spill your blood and then talk about blood. Learn to pull the trigger in the name of love. You people would not know love if it ran you over.

February 19, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |