February 9th, 2011

Civilian deaths in Afghan fight called 'accident'

Coalition troops "accidentally killed" two Afghan civilians and injured one "during a firefight with insurgents" last week, NATO's International Security Assistance Force said Tuesday.

That conclusion was reached after an assessment of the Thursday incident by the Afghan and ISAF military, it said.

The flare-up occurred in Helmand province's Nahr-e Saraj district.

The unit was ambushed while traveling between two forward operating bases and returned fire at a van they thought was part of the attack.

"During an ambush, a vehicle approached the ISAF convoy at a high rate of speed," an ISAF statement said.

"After determining the vehicle was a potential threat and wouldn't stop, coalition forces reacted by using appropriate escalation of force procedures to protect members."

Civilian deaths in warfare have undermined the credibility of international forces in Afghanistan, and ISAF has been working to avoid them.

– CNN's Joe Sterling contributed to this report

Post by:
Filed under: Civilian deaths
  1. Momofason

You are all, for the most part, a bunch of freaking idiots. If you don't like the policies of America and our freedom of speech, then leave and go to countries that inhibit it and condone the mutilation and killing of women. Just leave our country and stop benefitting from what we have to offer!

February 16, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • salerno

Momofason -Idiot – I am blaming America right for the killing of women too.

March 1, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. salerno

I am defending american true principles against your fascism.

February 11, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy..

salerno.......people are deeply hurt after this terrible incident. You may not feel that way. yet ..it was a serious threat dont you see ? Ant the killings by Al quida still continues ? why dont you see the reality? US helped them to fight against USSR it is true but lately they forgot their true friend also and attacked. They are terrible . forget about your business . You have to see the real picture.Find a different job for living and pull out your friends from Afghanistan. I am telling you for your own good. Do not deal with and trust insurgents.

February 12, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Dindy – don't worry for my business, it is not endangered by the war. American soldiers are guilty becouse when they sign up they put themselves in the condition to be serial killers. They are murderers in the very moment they joint the military. I never put myself in this condition, becouse I don't want to kill anyone. War is hurting innocent people in both side and you must recognize this. Like you were hit on 9/11 also many other people were hurt before and after that date. When you are in a country you are spmewhat responsible for what your country is doing. You woke up after 9/11 like if you were innocent, but you did the same killing like Bin Laden.

February 12, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. salerno

THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION IN MY POSTS. I CAME TO USA AFTER WWII WITH MY FATHER.
    HE WAS A PROFESSOR AT PENN STATE UNIVERSITY.

February 11, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • myklds (expose of a fat-fingered liar)

@salerno, NO CONTRADICTIONS YOUR POST, REALLY???!!! How about this!

◦salerno

Dan – I was born and still live in the west, I pay tax to the american government. 60% of my tax is used for the military. I have all the right to protest against the US military wasting resources. They are parasites .

February 10, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse | Reply

was that your reply to Dan, wasn't it?

Has the U.S. dictionary revised the definition of "CAME" and "BORN" to be exactly similar?

February 12, 2011 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
    • salerno

myklds – you are really showing your stupidity here. I never told to be born in USA, but I was born in the West. I was born in the West and came to USA later. Where is the problem or the contradiction ????

February 12, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
      • myklds

@salerno, may I know which part of of the globe or pole US is located?

Better for you to stop the name calling coz you'll never know it suits you best 101X.

February 13, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
      • myklds

and in case you don't know, Iran and other Arab Countries belongs to the East and at the middle.

I see gray long beard on your post and your breath smells shawarma.

February 13, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
      • myklds

and..sono ancora penso uno grasso-ditto

February 13, 2011 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

myklds – gladly. USA is in the West. Anyway USA is not all the West. So I can be born in the west without been born in USA.
        Iran and other arab countries belong to the east or middle east, but I was not born there. I was born in the West, but not in USA as I came to USA from another part of the west.

February 13, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. salerno

There is no contradiction in my posts. I came to USA after WWII with my father.

February 11, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dindy..

Another day passes...........

February 11, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. boundlessmoon

it was an accedent if you look at all the facts

February 11, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  7. Daniel J. Lavigne

Woe. Reading the drek offered by individuals with no concept or insight about what is right and what is wrong is truly painful..

To all such fools:

It matters not that you choose to support a society that would resort to mass murder in order that its claim that "Our way of life is non-negotiable" be accepted as valid by all fellow fools.

It matters not as the reality of "Peak Oil" shall soon have the lot of you trying to kill each other in order to secure your next meal.

Fools, please "try" to think about what you have done and the evil that you support.

Remember the phrase as found at "The Tax Refusal": "Birth condemns no one to heed the will of evil". Thank you.
    ******************************

Maintain The Rage!
    Add your voice to reason's call.

Join the Tax Refusal.

******************************

******************************
    And the related effort to wake the world:
    STOP YOUR ENGINES !
    *************************************

February 11, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan from Chicago, IL

Tell me Daniel how then would most children be schooled , your garbage be picked up , police enforcing the law. judges implementing it, prisons holding those who break the law, social security and medicare for those who are sick or retired and all government programs helping the sick, poor and elderly? Do you think that we would be the super power that we are without taxes? No, there would have been anarchy many, many years ago! If there were no taxes there would be no United States of America!

February 11, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dindy..

May god catch phunny and punish him Amen.

February 10, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dindy..

salerno..i WILL READ AGAIN BEFORE i COMMENT IN A RUSH. tHANK YOU ANYWAY FOR RESPONDING MY POST.

February 10, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. salerno

Dindy – the prophecy reported by Matthew 24 talks about False Christs and false christians killing the true believers.
    It stated that many nations will be united in this persecutions, the KING of the Earth. They will keep killing untill the Gods army will come, but this will not be composed by human soldiers.
    So the Nato nations led by the USA, are the false christians persecuting the believers.

February 10, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan from Chicago, IL

Watch what our true Christians will do to the evil one and his companions!

February 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

I have unmasked you Dan !

February 10, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

You a liar have unmasked me? I have nothing to hide like yourself. I have always told you and all who reads my comments what I believe and know to be the truth. You can get high on your lies and false interpretations of what is the truth, but until you stop your lying you will never be set free!!!!

February 11, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Dan – the more you are angry, the more I laugh at you.

February 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

GODS Army has already won 4 Wars there and there still isn't PEACE in the regent!!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dindy..

sALERNO.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST. BUT MATTHEW 24 IS NOT A WRONG INTERPRETATION. "JESUS FORETELLS FUTURE.'

February 10, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

Will He isn't doing a very good job of it!!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. AFG Chuck

Mel Gibson is an Austrailian...that is a different country. Also, ironcially....my religion is Islam, not Hollywood. You nothing of me and you nothing of this war.

Nobody is pushed to do anything...if people are so weak that movies inspire them, then they are weak. And what are these military operations in the middle east that you speak of? Operation Desert Storm? We were there at the invitation of the Saudi Arabia...so try again. I am certain that there are conspriacy theory websites that you can look up. Also, you say you pay American taxes...which means that you depend on the American economy for your living. If the United States is so evil, why do you lower yourself to be paid in US currency?

I think that quesiton answers itself.

February 10, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gaius Julius Caesar

At some point the America was attacked line is going to hold no more weight. Chuck you are an imbecile. The war on terror will never be won. Terrorism is a holy war for these people, and like a hydra, kill one, two more rise. You like so many other miscreants on this blog are advocating for a never ending war.

February 10, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy..

Gaius Julius caesar .........It is true. sometime ago I said the same thing. This is a Holy war and it is like Anaconda.when attack one place then again it rise from different place. I suggested increasing of prayers in home land rather than increasing military in Afghanistan. why cant their own government be responsible for Taliban. ? Like Pakistan is doing now.

February 10, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

I hate to tell You but the World is wanting to be come Democratic than have the killing of the Tarriest!!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Wife

AFG – I just want to say "thank you" for your military service and your continued support after your retirement. May you return home safely.

February 10, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Detroit, MI

Like Gaius Julius Caesar already said "The Wife",this obscene war in neverending and even more,it's Unchristian to kill people needlessly! So why are you for it???

February 10, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

I totally agree with Dan. Why would anybody with any moral compass at all be for this obnoxious war? The obscene carnage going on over there needs to end as soon as possible and furthermore The Wife,there's absolutely no glory in it at all!!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • salerno

AFG – When I said "you" was not referring to you personally, but to the average american, especially the young. Desert storm was partially justified by the Kuwait invasion, but the consequent oppression with sanctions and no-fly zone were stupid and counterproductive. A pretest for war and controll of the country. Conspiracy theory is unnecessary elaborate. Clearly the US used the 9/11 attack as a pretest, but the attack was a failure of the internal security.
      I am not paid by anyone, just want the US economy stay strong and hope the military been used for controlling borders, defending ships from piracy and other very limited operations.

February 10, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

Feb10th 7:37 Message is not my message!!!

The world People are wanting to have Democracy!!! The days of the Tarriest are slowly losing it's way...

February 10, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

It is to bad that Bush Sr didn't finish it when He had a chance!!! Then We wouldn't have had to go back there again... We be better off today!!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. AFG Chuck

Reading all of these posts, I often wonder how many of you ever served a single day in the military. I am positive combat is completely out of the question or else the inane arguments that are posed on here would never happen. Does anybody remember why we are in Afghanistan? And I can say WE because I sitting in Kandahar right now. I served 21 years and served in Iraq and here. I was never a proponent of the Iraq war, but I have always felt that the war in Afghanistan is more than justified. Which is why I came back after my retirement.

So many people wrapped themselves in the American flag after 9/11 (which is why WE are in Afghanistan), but lacked the courage to wrap themselves in a uniform. You have no idea what happened in Helmand beyond what this article says happened. Those men were under attack and saw a threat. You don't have the luxory of sitting and typing during combat. You have to react in split second. And I will tell you this, those men are, without a doubt, sick to their stomachs over this incident. I have had friends that inflicted wrongful casualties and it eats at them to this day.

But you don't have to worry about any of that....you don't have the courage for it.

February 10, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
    • salerno

AFG – I believe that some soldiers fell the pain for casualties provoked. I could say they have not the courage to desert to avoid those casualties, because they would have lost the benefitis. The boxer Cassius Clay ( Mohammed Alì) went to jail because he refused to go to Vietnam. He refused an aggressive war and he was right, even if the communism is a bad regime.
      I know the military have problems, I read of a triple rate of suicide inside the women in the army. So why push the young people to war ? Terrorism was always fought by internal security, and never hit neutral countries like Switzerland.

February 10, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
      • AFG Chuck

You are comparing apples to oranges. Vietnam was nothing like Afghanistan. The United States was attacked in 2001. What exactly provoked that? I will give you time to Google it and look it up.

Young people are not PUSHED to go to war. The American military is a 100% volunteer force...they CHOSE us, not the other way around.

It is apparent that you have no symblance of honor or committment. You don't desert because you are bound by your word and we are there because of the man beside us. Desertion does not take courage. The easiest thing to do is to quit because it takes no courage to do so.

SOME soldiers feel the pain? You live in isolated ignorance, my friend. MOST feel the pain. Even if your actions resulted in the death of an enemy combatant, it is felt. Try living outside of your computer screen and Google.

Oh and by the way, you NEVER have to specify that Muhammad Ali was a boxer or that his birth name was Cassius Clay. All Americans know his story and I, for one, hold him in the highest esteem for what he did. Do a little bit more Googling, Ali stood up and denounced the Taliban, al-Qaida and 9/11.

February 10, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

AFG – Apple to orange are not the same but both are fruits. I do not defend Bin Laden, but the US military too is responsible for innocent killing even before 9/11, (wich was caused by US military operations in the Middle east.).
        Desertion requires courage as you risk sanctions and some american desertors had to go to other countries. You can desert for fear to be killed, but also for fear to kill. I personally met many soldiers, even in my family there were some combatants of all kind (reguar, forced, voluntarees), but I am amazed by the latent violence in many american people and soldiers today.
        Young people are pushed to the military by suggestion and hope to gain consideration. They hate me when I show no consideration, but they are influenced by the crowd.
        Even american movies lost the moral character they had with Coppola, Ford, J.Stuart, C.Grant , and now are pure violence.
        I never watch movies, but Mel Gibson and other are not comparable with the past. The same is true for people and military. Hollywod is your religion. Wars are inspirated by fiction today. Time ago the contrary was true.

February 10, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Alexander

RE: >> So many people wrapped themselves in the American flag after 9/11 ... , but lacked the courage to wrap themselves in a uniform.

I believe that the war in Afghanistan is as dubious as the Iraq war, and 9/11 provides a very poor excuse for them.
      BUT I SALUTE YOU, SOLDIER, FOR YOUR COURAGE IN SAYING THAT.

February 10, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |

yes, this is a courage.

February 10, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

I was in from 1959 to 1965... Was that long enough for You??? I lose a lot of Brothers in the Vietnam War!!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

We are there to help make a Government and to train Their Military and Police!!! Also try to get the People to help Themselves...

February 10, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy..

AFG Chuck ..well written.Good post sir.

February 10, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Dindy..

aMERICANS CAN STAY AT THEIR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY PEACEFULLY IF tALIBAN LAYDOWN ARMS AND aLQADA CAN PROVE THAT THEY ARE NO MORE THREAT TO PEOPLE IN OTHER RELIGIONS OR BELIEFS.

February 10, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
    • salerno

Americans always found pretests for wars recently. They have a new fascist ideology, full of violence. They push even the women to violence. They love weapons and blood.

February 10, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
      • GPS

Yes Salerno, nothing is more relaxing then bathing in the blood of enemies such as yourself!!! Your life is meaningless! Nothing!! Every breath you take in this country has been paid for by the blood of the true hero's of this country. You're garbage and nothing else! You don't even rank as a human being in the US.

February 11, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

GPS – the air does not respect borders, so try again.

February 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

The problem is as soon as They get a chance They attack another Country!!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. 2020

The same boring stories good luck with their accomplishment.

February 10, 2011 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  16. Dindy..

In Afghanistan ......no body knows who is citizen and who is the bomber. Troops must defend themselves too . If anyone come towards you in a wrong speed why not defend.

February 9, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • salerno

This is why they are killers. They should stay in USA.

February 10, 2011 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

What are They doing with the Enemy in the first place???

February 10, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. HumanShields

Collatoral damage. Carry on.

February 9, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spiro T.Agnew

I totally agree,HumanShields. We do need to go on killing accidentally on purpose. Like I said before,ignorance is bliss or otherwise I would have never been elected to public office.

February 9, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Shamrock6

Is that right? It smells like another NATO cover-up to me! Those thugs in Washington will go to great lengths to save their reputations!!!

February 9, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

This is not the Bush Government any more!!! Our President is more careful not to kill innocent People!!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Sorry Larrty, I don't see much difference betwen the two.

February 11, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy..

LarryKegel( US Army) good post again Sir,

February 12, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  19. salerno

The serial killers hit again. Don't tell you are protecting me, because it is the exact contrary. We have less freedom and cannot travel without the fear to be killed for retaliation. We are the aggressor.

February 9, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan from Chicago,IL

To you salerno there is no "we" you are not an American as far as I'm concerned. You are though a Taliban and terrorist sympathizer and your comments on others blogs prove it! Also If you were brave enough to go to war to stand up for American ideals and you were in a firefight with the enemy and a van was speeding towards you you would also think that they were insurgents that you were just ambushed by and would not take a chance with your life on the line. I am sorry for the civilians killed but seeing that they were in a war zone and fighting was going on they should have been more careful of not only the way they were driving bit also in the direction they were driving. And how can you talk as an Afghan and then make yourself sound like an American, YOU TWO FACED LIAR!

February 9, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago,IL

That should be but not bit.

February 9, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Dan – you are not a true american neither a true christian. The old american spirit was not a military one. America is now like the Nazi-fascist. They want to dominate the wolrd, especially the week isolated country in the third world. It is a shame that the cowards are using so sophisticated weapons against them.

February 10, 2011 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
      • Kivu

Yes, only a terrorist would be against killing civilians.
        Real patriots subscribe to bin Laden's philosophy – kill civilians en masse to force surrender. Of course, that didn't work out too well for him.

February 10, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan from Detroit, MI

Come on Dan,you know better than that! Salerno has the guts to tell the truth here and that makes you mad. It shouldn't.

February 9, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago,IL

No two faced liars don't get me mad, but those that are Americans who do not stand up for the ideals, beliefs and values that our forefathers fought for do especially when they call them right wingers! When in fact some are moderate liberals and have the same faith that is the foundation of which the United States of America proudly has grown to the super power it is today! Phony boy!

February 9, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |

February 10, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy..

salerno ..you said you were Italian. nOW YOU SAY THAT YOU ARE AMERICAN AND PAY TAX TO USA.

February 10, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy..

SALERNO...YOU DID SAY THAT YOU WORK AND YOUR PEOPLE WORK IN aFGHANISTAN AND tALIBAN ARE NO PROBLEM TO YOU BUT THE aFGHANISTAN. GOVERNMENT.

February 10, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

I travel a lot, but I pay my tax in USA. My Italien friends are working in Afghanistan, they had problem with USA and Karzai.
        I never had problems with USA, but criticize the policy and the new american ideology.

February 10, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Dindy – I never told to work in Afghanistan and never visited Afgjhanistan. You make wrong assumptions and then keep going with them. It is a wrong method. You are wrong even in the interpretation of the Bible like Matthew 24.

February 10, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
      • Brandi

What military gets 60% of your taxes? Not the US; that's about the number for welfare. A simple google search can tell you that. And a large proportion of military spending is salaries and health care.

February 10, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Brandy – I got the 60% percentile from a financial news, but I don't remember exactly the source. The cost for the military is outstanding. This does not bode well for us.

February 10, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

You salerno are just like the terrorists, liars to justify their sick and murderous ideology! You will face God's judgment for bearing false witness which is a commandment that most if not all Islamic extremists have broken along with thou shall not kill! And before you say Americans kill people, we are at war and there will be times that civilians are killed but not intentionally and God will be the Judge as to which side intentionally kills innocent lives! As for you God also knows which side you stand by and support and surely it is not the USA, LIAR!

February 10, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Dan – I support the 63% of the american people conrtrarian to war in Afghanistan. This percentile is diffused by CNN.
        When the US military aim to a TV building, a civilian train, a village, a shop, they INTENTIONALLY kill civilians even if the target is also some non-civilian. They target civilians hoping somone will tell where is Bin Laden or others. They decided all people in a region are terrorist so they can kill them without problem, even the children becouse they harbor the terrorists.
        Hitler had better justification, my dear anti-christian.

February 10, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

salerno move your butt to the tribal regions in north west Pakistan and make yourself comfortable amongst friends that have the same beliefs you do!

February 10, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

No they have not exactly the same belief. I am just contrarian to war.

February 10, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
      • GPS

You are a spineless coward! Go back and hide inside your home! No one cares what you have to say! You are human trash!

February 11, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

GPS – I am exercising my speech freedom.

February 11, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • reality check

well sayd Dan. Salerno obiously isnt the quickest of cats at the best of times lol. Another one of those people who have never seen war or combat other than on a screen in front of them in the safety of their dwelling. they think they can apply the same things they do wen they play call of duty to real life. its an unfortunate thing that those civillians were killed but thats wat happens in combat. its not like they specificaly targeted civilians....like certain muslim terrorists. bottom line dont talk a bunch of crap if u wernt there

February 10, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

reality – why your custom is to make always false assumptios ? I never watch a movie or play stupid videogames. I had family members involved in war and wathc actual video diffused by US military, Media, even Wikileaks. If you go to war you are guilty to me, as nobody forced you to sign up.

February 10, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy..

reality check......good post. They are against when US is trying to attack insurgents. where were they when innocents died in USA early morning in those towers........? How can any man or women with heart just stay dumb without doing anything against the criminal who planned that inhuman attack.
        He screwed up with the wrong one and now hiding ..THE BIGGEST COWARD IN THIS WHOLE WORLD .

February 12, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Dindy – If a criminal kill innocent people like the USA did before 9/11 and you reply killing other innocent people, you are no different. American surrounded AlZarqaui and could take him without casualtie or even alive, but preferred to bomb the house killing 2 female .children. They could use soldiers to control the Pakistan border, but prefer to bomb villages with innocent people.

February 13, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

If I was any where near the war... I would make sure I wasn't close to either side of the firing going on!!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • myklds (expose of a fat-fingered liar)

To All:

May I have the privilege to present to you two posts from a the same monicker claiming to be of what he is not.

The ff: post can be found in the site below

and I quote,
      279.salerno

"Papa – Italy is still a fascist country with the Mussolini nephew in the parliament. My grandfather was a politician forced to go exile to France as he adversed Mussolini when Churchil supported him. I went to US with my father. You should go to Iran and visit Sinagogues and christian churches."

February 8, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      AND..

290.salerno

"Papa – Italy is still an horrible country. Liberation did not work. My father had to come to America after the war. Communist and Fascist are the problem. Italien will never change."

February 8, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply

Let's check it;

In the first post claims that he/she/it "went to US with his father." WHILE, on the second says that his/her/its "father had to come to America after the war."

BUT in here he/she/it was telling Dan saying and I quote, "Dan – I was born and still live in the west, I pay tax to the american government."

It's up to you people to a-n-alyze but for me above posts and statements are more than enough to describe what a fat-fingered liar looks like.

February 11, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

Thank you my kids, salerno must have had a terrible upbringing to hold so much hatred for America which has had some tough decisions to make and may have been on the wrong side of history a time or two, but as I said it's foundations were built on Christian ideals, beliefs and values and if we stick to those we will come through all hard times including the great tribulation where good will triumph over evil and all mankind will be put to the test of where they stand!

February 11, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |