January 31st, 2011

Kandahar's deputy governor killed

The deputy governor of Afghanistan's Kandahar province was killed in a suicide attack Saturday, a government official said.

Abdul Latif Ashna was killed and his driver was wounded in Kandahar City on Saturday morning, said Zalmai Ayoubi, a spokesman for the governor.

Along with the driver, two others were injured, according to governmental media and information center of Kandahar.

The attacker strapped a bomb to a motorcycle and drove near the deputy governor's car when he was on his way to the office.

Post by:
Filed under: Kandahar
  1. truth seeker

It is sad that the people of this world cannot get along, Ive been to Afghanistan and Iraq and i have respect for both cultures. Islam is a religion and every religion has it's extremists, from crazy christian groups that drink poison and commit suicide to terrorists that blow themselves up in a group of innocent people. These people really believe that they are doing something just. These people are a miniscule fraction of the majority. In the Quran it talks of two jihads, a greater jihad, and a lesser jihad. The lesser jihad is the path of violence, it is easy to succomb to hate to seek revenge .The greater jihad is to forgive, to seek peace in the face of violence, to love when it is easier to hate, the greater jihad is a war inside of you. It is Afghanistans culture that when they offer asylum to an individual which they did to Osama bin laden they will defend that person against aggressors because they gave their word. They would rather die than lose their honor. In Iraq , Their country under saddam was in trouble the people were subjected to horrors unimaginable, but a majority of it's citizens were employed and their was a sense of order even if it was skewed. When the U.S. overthrew that regime they should have immediatly set up an interim government utilizing the former military that signed on(considering that most of the military were conscripts that did not agree with the Baathist party, but had no choice, This is evident in their mass surrender during the push) because of mass unemployment and with no means to make money the former trained military men with families kinda had no other option than to accept money from foriegn terrorists agencies. Wouldnt you if your wife was so malnurished she couldnt produce milk and your child died of starvation? So you cant blame the victims of this global conflict engaged truly by a fraction of the muslim world...this war is fueld by ignorance on all sides. I am in the military and i have been to both places on numerous occasions. Mine is an unbiased opinion, I have lost brothers and I have gained brothers in these places. We must, as humanity love each other regardless of our beliefs, only then will anything change .

July 6, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. emunadate

Out of time: Radical Islam taking over Europe and West (video) !! http://emunadate.blogspot.com/2010/11/out-of-time-radical-islam-taking-over.html

February 9, 2011 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. rltj

Afghanistan is a war of nationalism. It is not fought in American or in any NATO home ground.

A nationalist war is about driving away foreign aggressors and eliminating domestic forces harboring them.

February 6, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. yusef

Artie watch out you will be the next

February 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. yusef

Americans are very arrogant and ignorant people they think that because they have money and power they are better than everyone else but you are mistaken you will suffer always because of your abuse to our people

February 3, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy..

yusef..not all the Americans are like that. Some of their leaders have done big mistakes so most of the innocents paid for that.

February 3, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • salerno

I agree with yusef. There are 33% of americans still supporting the war in Afghanistan.

February 4, 2011 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ana Ana

The Coolest Superheros Vehicles is here moviesfan.eu/news/item/322-the-coolest-superheros-vehicles

February 3, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Artie2

salerno, you are obviously an uneducated, ill-informed person. You said, "Muslims are fighting for self-defense." when that statement could not be further from the truth. Muslims are fighting because of a false ideology and they are fighting themselves, and even killing themselves – other Muslims, because of a religious rift in sects that happened hundreds of years ago – all under the [dis]guise of protecting their profit...... erhem, I think ya'll call it a "Prophet".......
    And who is doing the killing these days?..... MINDLESS brothers of yours that we call suicicide bombers, infidels to your own race and religion.
    BEWARE THE SHEEP for they do not control their own movements. Their "herders" called Imams lead them down this path to gl-ore-y. Get back under your rock boy. Someone may see you and that will be the end.

February 3, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • salerno

Artie2 – if you are unable to understand my culture is becouse you lack it. I got my informatiions from multiple reliaable sources, surely not from US military.

February 3, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Christianity had wars inside even more bloody than Islam. Americans too kill each other like in the Tucson shooting.

February 3, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy..

Artie 2 ..dear friend....here one of our commenter explains these people who kills each other are not true Muslims and it is against Islam. Dont we also have sinners in our kind. we do. Every where there is someone go against their own religion and add a black star to their own kind. So we cant blame every one because of few do wrong things.

February 3, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dindy..

Yusef.............send your comments ....only. Do not insult people. Everybody has freedom to talk what they think about the serious things which take place on earth. Talking help solve problems not fighting and scolding with bad words.

February 3, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. DELE

america is the greatest oppressor of all. a country with resources beyond measure bolstered by booming industries posting in enormous profits through the carnage of foreign lands and foreign lives. what other option, terorists or freedom fighters?

February 2, 2011 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan from Detroit, MI

Good posting,DELE. I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

February 2, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. Dindy..

salerno...how you are oppressed ?cant you or your group make a voice against the government if they do wrong things? If they do not listen then you can pray. I still believe in Miracles as I have experienced it with big problems which never seemed easy to solve. Real challenge is living. Not suicide.

February 1, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • salerno

Dindy – preyers are not made for this problems. You cannot pray, when it is necessary to fight. Anyway I simply fled my country. No problem.

February 1, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy..

salerno......fighting make more fights.you have fled and it is good. I am being attacked for 15 years because I became a witness to God. They finally did poison to my water tank . yet God revealed it to another one and I did not die. They they had put 3 poisonous snakes into my living room when returned from Mask. It was terrible. There were times I wanted to just die to so I do not suffer. Then I knew this body is my tent on earth which is borrowed and it is not mine but an instrument of God. So I made a habit of keeping two appointment with God each day and seek his answers. Guidance. Next month is election again. But now my mind wont get upset over troubles like when I was a gentile. Peace of God guide me. Now it is time to leave . Just like you did. I am packing . I will leave just like you because no use of fighting when I can leave somewhere and be happy .

February 3, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy..

when the mind is disturbed it is difficult to pray . It is true. Then where else we can find a solution. ?? Can trust God only. Not any human being.

February 3, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Gaius Julius Caesar

Please spare us from your christian crappola. Your mythical man with mythical powers isn't doing anything for anyone.

February 10, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dindy..

Dan from Chicago ,IL ..thank you for your comment. Freedom and democracy is limited here Dan. we have another election coming in March. yesterday some group have burnt down the opposition party media center. it was on CNN news too. In Sri lanka no more bombs these days . Yet there is no true democracy.
    Muslims live in peace here and earn very well. I enjoyed peace and freedom of speech in USA this Xmas and it was a blessed time with family and friendly people. I met people who work in some of the middle east countries and they too have peace. I wish the same happiness for other Muslim countries too. with or without help from America.

February 1, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  12. Dindy..

Do not enjoy over someone else death. THOUGH IT IS A GOVERNOR ,OR INSURGENT OR PEASANT.war can kill anyone in anytime . May his family get help from their loved ones in this sad occasion.

January 31, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • salerno

Dindy – the oppressed people have all the right to enjoy over the death of the oppressors.

February 1, 2011 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

America has never oppressed anyone but always have helped the oppressed! It is the terrorist regimes like the Taliban that oppress people, Idiot!

February 1, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

If America is the most hatred country is becouse you did not help the oppressed but the oppressor.

February 1, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy..

salerno......if you say that and believe it then Americans too have right to enjoy when more Taliban die or Al qeada die. I remember Muslims in Iraq danced on the streets when USA was attacked. There was no respect for the innocents who died that day. I am from Sri lanka......all I thought was .... are these human beings who laugh at others death. ..it was a bitter thought ..and since then I started living far away from Muslims. Show the world your real Islam. We are sick of hearing Islam is peace and on the other side explosions and innocents die in pieces. (saw another car bomb yesterday on TV in Pakistan)

February 2, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Muslims are fighting for self-defense. Some of them (especially children – and this should be noted ) were happy for 9/11 becouse they were bombed few years before by Clinton. The had all motivations to be happy.

February 3, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan from Chicago, IL

Dindy, I don't know if I enjoy over the death of an insurgent, I would rather him have a change of heart and stop the killing over power and control over the people, but if they do not have no remorse or do not repent then the world is better off without them and I am talking about those who wish to take power by force instead of getting involved in the peace process and democratic and free society!

February 1, 2011 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Dan – I was oppressed in my country, what you call a democrat free society. You "denocracy" is an oppression. It is a perverse form of corruption and economical colonialism. America is oppressing all the muslim people through puppets governments.

February 1, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy..

Dan ..it seems Taliban continue fighting. No remorse or peace talks. Also these insurgents are spread and seems like they are active in Iraq again too. Like a chess game. solution seems far away😦

February 1, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

Oh yea salerno, what country is that?

February 1, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
      • salerno

My country was Italy. My grandfather was a politician enemy of Mussolini and went exile in France. My father was persecuted after the war and we went to USA where he was a professor at Penn State University. Actually I am out of Italy and hope US invade it instead of Afghanistan.

February 1, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy..

Dan from Chicago,IL ....thank you Dan. Good post

February 2, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Abdul Aziz Mohmand

Warlords are blackmailing the international community for the sake of money because its a war of money and Karzai is trusting on warlords not a system and rule of law.

January 31, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joseph McCarthy

Quite true Abdul,quite true. The Communists should have won there 30 years ago,but didn't.

January 31, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
      • Daniel-2

Well put,Joseph. Had the Communists triumphed there,there'd be no mess there today and the Afghans would be prospering like the Chinese are doing.

January 31, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy..

Do not Accuse US army ..saying that all of them work for money. Many of them come from well to do families and educated with college degrees. Do not let down the Men and women who sacrifice their beautiful youth to defend their country and citizens. Typing is easy for whoever you are but not knowing their hard job and training. Never underestimate a soldier in Battle .

February 2, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
      • Gaius Julius Caesar

Oh please, I think I may vomit....

February 10, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jesse Cook

Something's wrong here. We pay these guys and they get bumped off. I just don't get it!!!

January 31, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • salerno

It is right becouse of your paying them that they are bumped off.

January 31, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

All Islamic extremists are next, THANK YOU!

January 31, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

DAN – God with us is an old story. I listened it from thew NAZI : "GOT MIT UNS". I told you are an anti-Christ. Your quoting of religion is the Satan mark.

January 31, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

I KNOW GOD IS WITH ME AS FOR THE UNITED STATES WE ARE UNITED UNDER GOD AND HE HAS BLESSED US MANY TIMES! WE ALL GO THROUGH HARD TIMES BUT IT BRINGS US CLOSER TO ONE ANOTHER AND GOD HIMSELF!

January 31, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

So God did not bless the 3000 americans died on 9/11, the 44.800 died in Vietnam, the 4.430 died in Iraq and the 1700 in Afghanistan. Average income is down unemployment is up and for many the only job available is to go to Afghanistan.
        Congratulation !

January 31, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago, IL

It takes sacrifice for others to be blessed as America always has done. Not to say to go out to kill yourself and innocent people to be blessed because that is the way of the devil. Wait a minute the devil would not be so insane, that is why Osama bin Laden has surpassed the evil of the devil along with Qari Hussein and all terrorists who kill innocent people just because they have different beliefs than theirs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 31, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
      • salerno

Americans sacrifie themselves for money. Suicide bombers for defending their people.

February 1, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
      • Daniel-2

Good posting,salerno. Don't pay any attention to these right-wing idiots here. It's dubious that any of them ever got past the 5th grade in school.

February 1, 2011 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan from Chicago,IL

So Daniel-2 the suicide bombers who attacked us on 9/11 were defending their people and you are OK with that huh?

February 7, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |