January 14th, 2011

Bomb kills 7 in Afghanistan

A makeshift bomb exploded Friday in southeastern Afghanistan, killing seven Afghans, NATO said.

The bomb struck the victims' vehicle in Arghandab district of Zabul province.

"Our thoughts are with the families of the victims at this difficult time, said U.S. Air Force Col. Charles Toplikar, of NATO's International Security Assistance Force. "This is a senseless attack on innocent Afghan civilians using indiscriminate weapons."

Post by:
Filed under: Civilian deaths • IEDs
  1. USMC

Some people have no idea what they are talking about and continue to believe anything they hear or read in a book. Good posts dan.

January 25, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  2. friend

Afghan Refugees Hunger Strike with Sewn Lips, seeking political asylum, Athens – Greece

January 16, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. salerno

"This is a senseless attack on innocent afghans civilians using indiscriminate weapons". The colonnel should take some pills for his memory as recently the US drones fired an hellfire into a shop with civilians inside becouse one low level suspected militants entered inside. I don't know what the target really was, but probably a Nato convoy or some afghan policeman.

January 16, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • BUBBA--ALABAMA STYLE!!!

Good post,salerno. Thank you.

January 16, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dindy.....

Not mine . Did not post on jAN 15TH AT 4:31AM

January 15, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Yea I know Dindy, this guy has got to be a supporter of terror. I have written CNN about him but as you can see they still let him post comments on here. Maybe they are working together with authorities and trying to get him on some terrorist charges. I don't know because he clearly is breaking the rules of terms of service.

January 15, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

He does that to me too Dindy,trying to make me look like some kind of right-wing nutjob which I'm not. I have no use for this needless war and I never will.

January 15, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

He's been doing that to me all along so I quit posting my comments here. I noticed how he's been calling everybody Daniel-2 but he seems to have quit as of late but he'll most probably be back to our chagrin as I am no optimist. We need house rules to stop that.

January 15, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
      • mcmurdo proud military fiance

well said Dan in LafayetterIn. very good point, I think we should just tell people that when they die they will go to the throne of god and he being GOD WILL JUDGE THEM, they will NOT escape gods rath nope , that gos for everyone of us

January 18, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Dindy.....

Very Good post Dan.

January 14, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dan in Lafayette, IN

We are in Afghanistan to kill or capture Taliban and terrorists! We never knew there were minerals there! And we won't take any when we leave. All of their resources will be used to help their economy grow! It will be up to the government as to who will get the contracts to mine the minerals, but it will be the Afghan people that will do the work. It's a win win situation for Afghanistan, but if there are people like these that kill innocent lives just because they do not want to live under Islamic extremism then there will be no future for the Afghan people.

January 14, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • BANGASH

I REQUEST YOU DAN TO VISIT A WEB johnperkins.org OR STUDY HIS BOOK THE CONFESSIONS OF ECONOMIC HIT MAN. I AM SURE YOU WILL JOIN HIM IN HIS MISSION OF CHANGING AMERICA AND MAKING THE WORLD SAFER FOR OUR GRAND CHILDREN.

January 16, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

I don't care what this man John Hopkins has done in his four lives unless now he shows unselfish love towards all people! And unlike the Islamic extremists who kill because they think their way of life IS THE ONLY WAY GOD wants us all to live he may now be doing just that, but until these Jihadists Islamic radical rebels also have a change of heart and begin to show love towards all people and stop the killings, suicide bombings, bombings or just plain murdering of innocent people I will neither forgive or ask my fellow Americans or the western world to stop their fight against them!
        Also there are some people in the world who do not live their lives Godly and even live theirs devilishly, but you do not take out whole societies because of it. NO! You do not take the law in your own hands! You bring evidence to an attorney or a judge and you bring a case up against them! If you are wronged this is how you make it right, you don't blow yourself up along with many others! THIS WILL ONLY BRING JUDGMENT ON YOU!!!

January 16, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. BUBBA--ALABAMA STYLE!!!

Here we go again with this Col.Charles Toplikar shedding his alligator tears and other officials doing the same over this incident. Why should they care as long as they're there for Afghanistan's natural resources? Gimme a break!!!

January 14, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

That's what I say,Bubba. Good post.

January 14, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
      • dindy Sri lanka

I totally agree,Dan. Bubba is quite right.

January 15, 2011 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |