November 25th, 2010

An Afghan Thanksgiving

U.S. soldiers celebrate Thanksgiving in the Afghanistan war zone. CNN's Nic Robertson reports.

Filed under: Troops
  1. dindy

Even Muslims cant understand such arrogance.

November 28, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. Proud Mom of a Mighty Oak

I was so excited to see a picture of our son on Face Book. He had a tray full of awesome looking food.
    I prayed over our son to grow from a sapling into the Mighty Oak God made him to be. To up hold with honesty and integrity the teachings he has learned as a child at God's feet.
    Thank you Father for giving us such a wonderful gift. He is a blessing to us and to all who know him. I am proud to call him our son. Please continue to surround Michael and his brothers within his unit with mighty Angels armed with flaming swords.
    I don't care about ignorant statements. They will not sway my feelings for my God, my son and for his brothers.
    Know, each and every one of you that you are being prayed for. I have your names and they are being spoken out loud.
    Stay safe and return to us.
    I don't agree with the reason we are STILL out there and I don't care about the politics, just stay safe.

November 28, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
    • dindy

Beautifully written . Good post.

November 28, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |

Is it,really?

November 28, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bledsoe

Actually we have no good reason to be there except to fill the coffers of these war profiteers and get more Republicans and "blue-dog" Democrats elected to office!

November 28, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |

Crapulant!

November 28, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

That this war is,Phunnie boy.I just wish that these right-wing idiots knew it,too.

November 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |

Left-Whinge!

November 29, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dan in Lafayette, IN

mcmurdo you sound like a proud American and a Good Christian, I hope your fiance makes it home safely and you bring up a proud American family with Good Christian values.

November 27, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Will you quit spewing your right-wing mumbo-jumbo under my name? It tends to make me look stupid and I want that mcmurdo broad to know that I'm not that ignorant.

November 27, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |

Incorrect.

November 28, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mcmurdo proud military fiance

Chad , we have to many people on here putting stupid posts on here, I to am very proud of my fiance who is a soldier too, i dont care if it is right wing or what, it is serving, the other posters on here have too much time on their hands why dont you all go to work, i know i work as a nurse so it keeps me very busy all the time

November 27, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |

More bla-bla-bla!

November 27, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |

Immature.

November 27, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

That it is,Phunnie boy! All this warmongering is.

November 27, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |

W@nker.

November 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. George Patton

More of this right-wing drivel. It never ends!!! Plus we have Phunnie boy blogging in here his idiotic,but unfunny jokes. What's this country coming to???

November 27, 2010 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
    • USMC Forever

Good question,George. Your guess is as good as mine!

November 27, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |

Bullspit!

November 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chad

Happy thanksgiving brother getting award in this picture...second soldier from right proud if ya chase
    Your bro chad USMC

November 26, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bledsoe

Yabba-dabba... I'll leave that for Gary Johndro.

November 28, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. peace plez

thank you for serving our country you do good

November 26, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

I see that Pfunnie boy's at it again. What happened to the name of "Bledsoe"?

November 27, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |

Here.

November 28, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Thank you Pfunnie boy. I was starting to get a little worried about you.

November 28, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |

Don't!

November 29, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dindy.....

Thank you God for providing troops a very good meal on thanksgiving day. !! Also I heard in USA they feed less fortunate too. God , please Multiple Blessings on them !! Thank you God for many other blessings too. !!!

November 25, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dan in Lafayette, IN

We will destroy Islamic extremism in Afghanistan and the ungoverned tribal areas in northwestern Pakistan!

November 25, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

OH we will kick your butts out of Afghanistan and Pakistan and if your religion does not come face to face with the radical extremists within it it will fall also!

November 26, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |

Phonie!

November 28, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Dan in Lafayette, IN

Happy thanksgiving to all our troops and may the Lord keep them safe in their fight against Islamic extremism!

November 25, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

mcmurdo,I want you to know that I never posted the above. That was Pfunny boy who did it!

November 25, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

Remember Dan,I'm Phunnie boy not Phunny boy. We surely don't want to confuse this mcmurdo broad,do we???

November 25, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
      • mcmurdo proud military fiance

hi dan in lafayette in, dont worry i know it wasnt you ,

November 27, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Oh yes it was and make no mistake about it!!!

November 27, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |

Immaturity.

November 28, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • atal

Why not give them a good stuffing!

November 27, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. mcmurdo proud military fiance

I want to wish all the troops a wonderful thanksgiving and stay safe and also a happy thanksgiving to my fiance richard who is over in afghanistan right now come home safe

November 25, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Shauna

Just Thankful to know my brother in law is having a good meal so very far from home. My son was excited to see his Uncle in this video!

November 25, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |

Bla-bla-bla!

November 27, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |

Childish.

November 27, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Pat

Would be a real Thanksgiving treat were we to bring the troop home immediately rather than waste even one more life on this unwinnable stupid war

November 25, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Very well said,Pat. Thank you.

November 25, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
      • Andrew Lubin

Well put,Dan and Pat. I couldn't agree more!

November 25, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |

Three-stooges!

November 25, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Just where do you come off calling me a stooge,Pfunnie boy? Now I've heard everything!

November 30, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • the warrior

Is that really what you think Pat. So you think we should just leave a country completely unstable and bail on them like the Russians did. We have witnessed what happens when a country is under no law. And as far as WASTING lives not one of my friends that have died in combat have wasted there lives. They died doing what there country told them to do and more importantly they died for the people on there left and right. I think its totally disrespectful that you would say they wasted there lives. As far as i concerned they did more in there lifetimes then you ever will.

November 29, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |