Is U.S. on the path to 'permanent war'?
November 24th, 2010

Is U.S. on the path to 'permanent war'?

When the president decided to send more troops to a distant country during an unpopular war, one powerful senator had enough.

He warned that the U.S. military could not create stability in a country "where there is chaos ... democracy where there is no tradition of it, and honest government where corruption is almost a way of life."

"It's unnatural and unhealthy for a nation to be engaged in global crusades for some principle or idea while neglecting the needs of its own people," said Sen. J. William Fulbright, then chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in 1966 as the Vietnam War escalated.

Fulbright's warning is being applied by some to Afghanistan today. The U.S. is still fighting dubious wars abroad while ignoring needs at home, says Andrew J. Bacevich, who tells Fulbright's story in his new book, "Washington Rules: America's Path To Permanent War."

As the Afghanistan war enters its ninth year, Bacevich and other commentators are asking: When does it end? They say the nation's national security leaders have put the U.S. on an unsustainable path to perpetual war and that President Obama is doing little to stop them.

Read the full story from CNN.com's John Blake

Filed under: Obama
  1. Alex

What's this "path" business? "On the path to..." implies that you're not already there. Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia...

December 3, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. THEGAME

YEAH were screwed....

December 2, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mr. Bab

This is a great article.

December 2, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |

I'm glad You approve!!!

December 2, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. little cuban

I like the comment about how the U.S. worries about other people affairs rather than concentrate on their own problemos here. Stop with giving the pacifier to everyone they don't care ! We got people here with no jobs, no homes, no money, losing their cars, their credits, their opportunity to send their children to college, to go out and have a pizza on Friday Night, can't go to see a movie, can't even go to take out money from the ATM without worrying he is watching to steal your lousy check to survive two more weeks of hell. People are sleeping in their cars, in tents, and then some want to blame the illegal aliens of stealing Americans jobs, BULL!! Its the government and the ones we the LEGAL ones voted for and place them up there to do NOTHING but send our children to WAR and sent back in a black bag! We the people are just slaves of the 21st Century of a BROKEN Dream!! Its. not American anymore its SATAN's world and many love it!

December 1, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

You have Bush, Cheney, Republicans and the Tea Party to thank for that!!!

December 1, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Norm

The military needed to justify its existence, so it embarked on an effective plan to meddle and create enemies everywhere (recent wars have been created and justified by false info perpetuated by gov't), thus creating real enemies and a real need for heightened security, fueling more public paranoia, and thus further justifying the massive military machine. When will the US public wake up to the scam. Real security happens when you make more friends than enemies.

December 1, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Norm- Quick! Pull your Head out!
      Politiicans created the problem.
      The Military is a DETERRRENT to war, and when that fails, they fight the wars for YOU.
      Peace is only possible becuase rough men and women stand ready to do violence on YOUR behalf so you can sit in your mother's basement eating kittens and whine about the Military on the CNN Blogs trying to feel superior becuase you cannot get a date. Have a nice day!
      The Prophet has Spoken!

December 2, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
      • Alex

LOL Ok Jack Nicholson.

December 3, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  6. ang moh

Who profits from US presence in Afghanistan? Afghani drug lords, and the corrupt "government" there. Why ARE US troops in harms way there? Why are US Taxpayers paying the military contractors and suppliers and armament sellers ... to do what? protect the poppy fields? Seriously, America has NO interest there at all. Go after the jihadis in Pakistan, but then get out and spend American taxpayer money on Americans, not on muslims half way around the world who are living in the Middle Ages. What ARE we doing there, apart from making the Olin Foundation, Boeing, Lockheed Martin and all the DOD contractors a LOT of money? Help America, NOT the third world.

November 30, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ ang moh- Get your facts straight, US Troops are not PROTECTING poppy fields! Is NATO turning a blind eye to them? In many cases yes, but they are not protecting poppys- don't insult the troops like that.

Also, I am sick and tired of everyone saying lets leave the middles east in the dark ages- let me assure you they are in the Broze age, early Iron age at best, despite the Islamic year being 1389, they are nowhere near that.

The Prophet has spoken!

December 1, 2010 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

Afghanistan is not in the Middle East!!!

December 1, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Larry, Middle East, North-West Asia- same thing, same year.

December 2, 2010 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

South West, sorry, either I didn't have enough coffee yet or I was dropped on my head as a baby, not sure.

December 2, 2010 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

To make sure the Tarriest don't train there!!!

December 1, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. c.i.a.

wikileak is f.b.i. it s gonna be the excuse to censor internet like fake bomb planning again by the f.b.i to see you naked at the airport,or control demolition the world trade center so after you can invade any country for oil.

November 30, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ C.i.a.- Like 9-11 was a good excuse for airlines to increase cost while providing crappy service, now the cable bill is going to go up and the only thing on the internet will be CNN, FOX News and religeon, just great.

December 1, 2010 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

I do not get My information from the internet!!! I get it from MSNBC are CNN at least I know they check it before They write it!!! You can write something on there and People would think it was true...

December 1, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

CNN is a little slanted, I just like them becuase it's easy to find info, MSNBC is more in the middle and FOX is just out there, somewhere between all three lies a little truth, the only good thing about FOX is they post real fast- I guess becuase they'll print anything that comes accross the desk.

December 2, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. Smith in Oregon

It appears Israeli agents are involved in what is being leaked to Wikileaks. Virtually no mention in Wikileaks about Israel even thou a great deal of discussion that takes place in and by the US State Dept. is in result of Israel's intense pressure and lobbying for America to attack Iran. The comments reaching Wikileaks entirely appear to be cherry picked to further a Zionist war drumming agenda.

The evidence that Israeli spys had stolen the entire database, blue prints and schematics for America's F-35 Stealth Fighter Jet costing the American taxpayers some 170 BILLION dollars, not even mentioned in Wikileaks. A full 15 years of US Military technology breakthru's all gone in the blink of a eye, evidence and signature it was Israeli Spys that stole it, not one mention in Wikileaks. Further evidence that Israel is directly involved in what reaches Wikileaks.

November 29, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Smith in Oregon- It is a fact that ALL countries spy, even on thier Allies. It is a fact that Isreal spies on the US more than any other country that spies on the US, and the US is thier biggest ally. I haven't read the wikileaks page and I don't care to, nothing I have seen on the news is a surprise to me though, Kim Jong Ill is Chubby? He likes to eat rice, Are you serious? Kharzi is a pushover? That's no secret. Still I think the bulk of it likely came from that disgruntled PFC and he needs to serve life in prison or even get the death sentence (which is permissible since we are at war), putting Soldier's lives on the line is not a joke to me. I think we should grab that pervert from wikileaks and fry him too, not becuase he did this- it's not illegal outside of the US, just becuase he is a punk.

November 30, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

I just wonder what Country He works for??? Because A True American would never do This To Their Country!!! He Ought To Be Killed in a firing squad for what He did...

November 30, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Larry- sadly this is nothing new, if you will cheat on your wife you will cheat on your country.

December 1, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

What Proof Do You Have On What You Just Said??? Saying It Doesn't Make It True!!!

November 30, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Larry- Sorry, you just have to trust me. Better yet, google it and make the determination for yourself.

December 1, 2010 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jensen-Dane

The only thing the American likes is guns and football and oil

November 29, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |

Fishing, Whiskey, Cigars....

November 30, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

Not all Americans... I Love a good Woman, Money, Good Friend and Happiness!!!

November 30, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Larry- True, what you belive in is sometimes hard to find. I have a great woman, more than my share of really good friends, Happiness, the money is only really relavent when I am buying fishing gear- GLoomis is expensive.

December 1, 2010 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. RobDiego

Dan, in Indiana,
    Pls educate yourself.. google Mickey Herskowitz and the book he was writing with numbnuts, G. W. Bush. You will see, very clearly, why Bush took this country to war in Iraq. It had nothing to do with Al Queada!!!!!! It had nothing to do with terror. Also, read "The Price of Loyalty", a book written by Paul O'neill, the Treasury Secretary for Bush's first two years. You will be further enlightened with the truth about Bush's agenda and single mindedness. Also read "FIASCO". It's a great read about the lead up to the war in Iraq and the first two years of the execution of the war. And don't even try to call me a Liberal. I'm a life long Republican (converted to the Independent Party 2 years ago), but I am a Realist. I don't believe in God or any other fabrication of a higher power. We all have to live with the decisions we make! If we all understand this, and stop using "God" or whoever as the reason for doing whatever it is we do, we will all get along a lot better with one another. Don't be a Lemming! Be a Realist!!!! Be strong, and not fake and pious. It doesn't work.... you know it, but you are afraid to admit it. I grew up going to church almost every Sunday.... went to Church camp and youth groups, but none of it is real. It is ALL just a very big BUSINESS! That's real!!!!

November 29, 2010 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ RobDiego- Uh, isn't Independent just a new name to hide Liberal? Sort of like Metro S3xual is hiding h0m0s3xual? Don't get me wrong, I don't want a new party; I want all new Politicians- one's who are in it because they actually care about the country.

I do like the Church Comment, There is nothing wrong with going to a good church group but just because someone goes to church does not make them a saint, just because one repents does not mean they are free to do something again. If you do something wrong the real apology is not doing it ever again, not doing it at all is even better. It is important to believe in something though. What do I believe in? I believe in the peacefulness of fishing in the wilds, in family and the value of enjoying a fine cigar with a glass of whiskey in the summer evening.

The Prophet has Spoken.

November 29, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
      • Andy

Tight lines Proph. May you never suffer another wind knot!

November 29, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
      • John Hopkinson

Now you're talkin. what this country needs is a good five-cent cigar (Teddy R.? Or Pogo?)
        Hey you find the fish, I'll bring the scotch.
        We were talking about war, and look what happened. Scotch will do that to a guy.

November 29, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ John Hopkinson- I'll bring Drew Estates "Java" cigars, absolutely fantastic. Cigars and Whiskey are healthier and cheaper than war.

November 30, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

I believe in GOD, PEACE and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS Myself!!!

November 30, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

You wouldn't feel that way if You were Jewish and in the Military!!!

November 30, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. David, Tampa

@Dan in Lafayette, IN ............God is with US? I know the Neilson just died but SURELY YOU JEST! Jesus will crush the putrid corrupt state of Indiana first. I read that you a.. clowns figure that a 15 years old can give consent in your state of madness.

November 28, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

I rather rely on GOD than Jesus to protect Me!!!

November 30, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. dindy

Media....?.. my posts are missing. But lots of arrogant posts are here. Is this media for peace or arrogance?

November 28, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  13. dindy

sorry..spelling mistake. It must be within...not withing.

November 28, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

The Prophet Mohammed: Just what We need is another Republican Idiot running This Country!!! Hopefully Obama will fix it before You run...

November 30, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Larry, Yes but at least with me I am up front about my agenda and I don't believe in "half-way"- something is either done or it is not.

December 1, 2010 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. dindy

PAKIS ..ARE ....licking shoes of government leaders here to get lands . so they know what it is.

November 28, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

LOL Now that was funny!!!

November 30, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dindy

Larry..must yell because some are helping the devil to Bark and blaming on others.

November 28, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Dindy, I was married to a devil once, luckily I was able to divorce her.

November 28, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
      • dindy

The Prop.....Actually this word we both used is terrible and should not say seven times withing one day. He starts walking then. Divorcing devil is very good. Even divorcing the human with the spirit of that even better. Take care till the storm ends Sir.

November 28, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Dindy- You're killing me LoL I am not afraid of the devil, the only way it could be worse is if I was STILL married to her.

November 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

My first Wife was a Witch... This One is just Crazy!!!

November 30, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Larry- The best love is the hardest to take; sometimes crazy is good!😉

December 1, 2010 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

I only say it as I see on the News and My Judgment!!! It is to bad everyone doesn't use the brains GOD gave to Them...

November 30, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. John Hopkinson

Prophet Mo said: "Daniel, it is a fact that people in general are stupid and forget very quickly; we are a media controlled and programmed society for the most part,""
    How can this be? There are tens of milions of highly educated citizens in North america, yet the nations are "media-controlled" and suffering from mental paralysis on topics such as religion, civics, even economics.
    We have wasted billions of dollars on educational systems? Are these systems deficient and consequently bearing most of the blame for our collective stupidity?
    How can we have Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 at the outer boundaries of the solar system and hateful prejudice and widespread ignorance at the same time?
    Sad. Truly sad. Maybe our best days are behind us.

November 28, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ John Hopkinson- Sadly educated doesn't necessarily mean intelligent. In Asian countries children go to school six days a week, are exposed to far more subjects, everything from Opera to Electronics as mandatory classes. In high school in South Korea students even sleep at the school because they are there so late and have to return early in the morning, and those are public schools. In America teachers are under appreciated, underpaid and schools are underfunded on something that you would think we would place a priority on.
      Additionally parents place little to no control over their children these days, the result is obvious anytime you read the news. What happened to the days when you could discipline your children? Sure many parents went too far, but today with gangs, drugs, bullies and just general rebellion there are quite a few out there who could use some discipline. Gone are the days when children were fit from playing outside all day.
      Hateful pride and widespread ignorance (for which I too am sometime guilty) is unfortunately part of human nature and takes some serious work through proper upbringing and utilizing a conscious, moral based, thought process ALL the time. Morals are not necessarily from going to Church, they should begin in the home.
      Yes it is sad, are our best days behind us? I have faith that they are not, are they before us? I hope so, one thing is certain; those days are not right now.
      The Prophet has Spoken.

November 28, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

BTW I meant to say "Sp@nk" your children, not discipline, apparently you cannot post that word on CNN. Good job, CNN, keeping us all safe.

November 28, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
      • dindy

The Prophet Mohammed......Best Post ever.

November 28, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
      • John Hopkinson

dindy and I seem to believe that your atr right on the money. where do we go from here? there is a deep frustration in knowing that posting on these boards may be nothing more conclusive than posting on these boards.

November 28, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |

@ John Hopkinson
        Boy am I going to make some enemies here; not that I care though. You are right, I am afraid that posting on these boards amounts to a little amusement at best- after all, that’s really what I am for.

Are you ready for this? I DO in fact have all kinds of solutions for America’s problems. First of all we are going to seal the border- I mean it, I am sick and tired of all those d@mn Canadians saying “Aye” all the time. Just kidding. I am also going to solve the border problem by annexing Mexico, we will rename it New, New Mexico. Our military is going to be rather bored with the war in Afghanistan and Iraq coming to an end, we will send a Brigade at a time down there to help clean up Mexico’s act and keep our Soldier’s skills up to date. Once this is complete we will make the center of Mexico a waste land for trash, nuclear waste, chemical factories, etc. The outer edges in the Jungle and along the coast- I’m thinking time shares on a massive scale. All Mexican’s who are in the country illegally will have 30 days to register for citizenship, we don’t need your criminals- they will be deported to Iran.

Everyone in America will be required to work, go to school or volunteer, everyone will contribute SOMETHING. No more free rides or drawn out appeals in prison. Expressway to death row and those without the possibility of parole get promoted to the expressway. College degrees, soap operas and fun times in prison become a thing of the past. In prison you work hard and learn a skill, not a great skill but a needed skill so you can become a productive member of society, 3 strikes and you’re out in every state. In prison you earn a GED or you never get out, there would be a time limit because I don’t want to feed you forever unless you are working for your food in prison. Child Molesters get death and if you file false r@pe charges (which can ruin someone’s life) your life gets ruined, same goes for adultery. Female child molesters get treated the same as males (a few school teachers come to mind) and we don’t need a big sign in your yard because you are riding that express lane. It’s time America gets some values back. Those in the public eyes, like teachers, firemen, police officers, POLITICIANS, scout leaders, etc. get double penalties for abusing their positions, if you are a movie star, singer, NFL star and you do something really stupid- you never perform again, there are enough bad role models out there already.

We are going to make Puerto Rico a state, right now they are a territory, enjoying all the benefits with none of the cost.

Charity begins at home and all High school students will have a goal to try to accomplish before they are 25, they will go to college, find a decent job before they graduate or military or civil service for 2 years. While in High school they will be required to have some volunteer time to some sort of charity, hospital or other useful organization. I know, there will be bad apples; I don’t want derelicts in the military any more than you do, but it’s better than these idiots ending up in gangs and we can identify them in the military very quickly.

Get tough on gangs, two strikes you are out, association IS guilt. If your child gets in trouble- YOU, the parent are part of the problem, sp@nkings are not child abuse, start young so they learn early.

Find a way to test for someone being under the influence of Marijuana, if it can be done, it’ gets treated like DUI and we legalize it. $1,000 tax a year to have 3 plants in your house and to use it, not ell or share it, make the penalties so severe for noncompliance and for other drugs you would have to be insane to try anything else besides alcohol. DUI laws become much more severe, as in we not only put you in prison but you lose financially, no house, no car. This will be used to invest into better opportunities for schooling which are going to require a lot more hours and subjects. Before graduating all students learn to cook, wash clothes, balance a checkbook, compute taxes and learn about loans, credit, how to change the oil in their car, all these basic life skills.

No more insanity pleas- you know you are crazy, too bad you didn’t seek help when you first started hearing voices, next case.

Churches pay taxes and the Pope doesn’t hide child molesters in my country, we will arrest the Pope if need be.

Foreign policy- it will be our policy; if WE Bomb YOU; it’s YOUR responsibility to clean up the mess. If you are a terrorist and you blow yourself up in MY country, I can’t punish you, but I will track down your village and family and they will be punished, we are not rebuilding your mud huts. None of our enemies would do the same for us.

Politicians are required to show up for work on time and they will take a serious pay cut, additionally every state will be required to post the results of their attendance and what they voted for and against each month. All bills are split down to individual issues or issues that are related instead of hiding things.

Child support, back taxes, stealing get dealt with a little more stringently and those who collect child support also get spot monitored, right now the system isn’t right and needs a serious overhaul. Child endangerment may be dealt with on the same level as child molestation in some cases. We also tax the heck out of marriage licenses because there needs to be a bit more thought about it to reduce divorce rates.

If you are not part of the Solution you are part of the problem, everyone needs to get involved, vote, contribute to society in some manner. America needs to look to the future but if we don't take care of today- there won't be any future when we get there.

I can go on and on about how we can make molds that fit normal people’s heads so we can test for excessive airspace before we allow people to buys guns, bicycles, pencils or anything dangerous, I’m sure you get the picture. If I get enough votes I will run for President.

November 29, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

There are some of Us that uses the brains GOD gave Us to know the truth from non truth!!! But then You have Your Right Wing Racist...

November 30, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Daniel

I notice the media has shifted their doubts from success in Iraq to possible success in Afghanistan. Most reasonable people can agree that we stablized Iraq to the extent they're fighting a majority of the insurgents on their own. Now that we're shifting our focus back to Afghanistan, suddenly success here is viewed as nearly impossible! I wonder what people will talk about when we succeed here too?

November 28, 2010 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

Daniel, it is a fact that people in general are stupid and forget very quickly; we are a media controlled and programmed society for the most part, which explains why reality shows, soap operas and talk shows do so well. I predict there will be a lot of politicians shaking hands and taking photo opportunities (even some who were against all of this in the first place) and the troops will get little credit for all of their hard work. There are still a lot of problems in Iraq but by and large I think it has been a success story and I believe Afghanistan is only a couple of years away from success as well.
      I also believe in the next 5-10 years, provided these govornments stay strong and keep their countries safe there will be tremendous bussiness opportunities of all sorts, everything from mining to factory production from tourism to guided fishing tours. There is some much growth opportunities here from a westernized view at least, who wouldn't want the opportunity to fly fish the Tigris river or to see Babylon in Araq or to climb the mountains of Afghanistan. Let's not forget cheap labor, I don't necessarily want to see American job opportunities go to foriegn countries but from a bussiness standpoint there is definately opportunity here, and the people of these countries need to advance in the world. A brave bussinessman with the patience to work through the red tape and systematic problems in these societies could go far here, provided of course they can maintain peace.

November 28, 2010 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |

Sorry, Iraq, not Araq.

November 28, 2010 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

Look at how things has changed between Russia, China and Other Countries We use to call Our Enemies!!! There is still hope in the World... But not in My life time!!!

November 30, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |

Iran and North Korea!!!

November 30, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |

@ Larry- 가자!

December 1, 2010 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  18. jasonlee99

I ACTUALLY WAS ENJOYING THE 9-1-1 EVENTS. WHEN THAT HAPPENED I WAS LAUGHING AND DANCING AROUND TV WHEN I SAW THOSE IMAGES ON THE SCREEN. PEOPLE GETTING BURNED, JUMPING OFF THE ROOFS AND BALCONIES FROM HIGH-RISES. 9-1-1 IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO OTHER COUNTRIES. SO THOSE WERE GREAT MOMENTS, GRAND EXPERIENCE!!

November 27, 2010 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ jasonlee99- Good for you worthless Paki, we're gonna do it to your country soon.

November 27, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Dindy.....

JASON LEACH 99 .....BETTER REPENT BEFORE UGLY DEVIL IN YOUR HEAD EAT YOUR BRAINS.

November 27, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

Diny: Why Are You YELLING???

November 27, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |

Dindy (Sorry)

November 27, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |

Too Late.

November 28, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • atal

How may people died on 911? i will bet less than the paki taliban have killed over the last three years laugh about that. And remember they will kill many more. And most will be muslims.

November 27, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

Get rid of Your CAP LOCK... We do not need you yelling at us!!!

November 27, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Riza Afghan

Speaking of the devil😛

P.S: Muslim / Hindu / Christian, i don't care.

November 26, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Charlie Seattle

I still remember the Viet Nam War protests I attended in 1968. I was the only one there protesting that we were not fighting the war to win it.

If we had fought WWII like we did Viet Nam the western allies never would have invaded France. The Russians would have stopped at the Polish border. Ya, In South Viet Nam we had 500,000 troops, but they were in the wrong country! We should have invaded the north and told China and Russia to stick it up their rear.

The change from winning a major war quickly to minimize the cost and casualties of war started in Korea when the Military, Industrial complex did not make much money off it. Don't forget that the banks make money too, lending to the Government, so they can finance it.

Corporate warfare finally won out in Viet Nam, Iraq and now in Afganistan. The never ending war on terrorism is a godsend to the Military, Industrial complex. Everybody now is making money, except the dead bodies of our troops!

Gen. Stanley McChrystal realized his troops were mere pawns in a larger game. Ya, I would have been relieved of duty also. I too, like Gen. Stanley McChrystal do not suffer fools.

November 26, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

Of course we were fighting the Vietnam war to win although we had a limited objective,that is that we wanted to keep the wo Vietnams separate instead of conquering North Vietnam and uniting it with the South. The reason for that is because Pres.Johnson didn't want to repeat the mistakes made by the French during the French Indo-China War.

November 27, 2010 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Charlie- I don't disagree with the Pawns to the money game but I do disagree with your idolization of McCrystal.
      "Mr. McChrystal" is lucky he wasn't court martialed. Was his opinions correct? Sadly they probably were more tuthful than not, but Soldiers, even if they are Generals, know better than to bad mouth the govornment in public, there is a time and a place for it and it's not in the public eye. His aids who were Captians and were even bad mouthing the President in Public like they were untouchable and that is a disgrace to the uniform. He was the General in charge, when in charge, take charge! Maybe if he was trying to get things done and change the policies instead of spending all his energy badmouthing the President things might be a little different in Afghanistan. I can assure you the Pentagon listens to thier Generals. If that had been a lower ranking Soldier (without the backing of a General) they certainly would have been court martialed.
      The Prophet has Spoken!

November 27, 2010 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
    • John Hopkinson

Charlie, Dwight D.Eisenhower would be very proud of you. His warniongs about the military industrial complex and the subsequent destruction of the American dollar are ringing loud and clear for those who remember what he said.
      Is there time to arrest this insanity?

November 28, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

Eisenhower was a great man "Who's been counting my fish?"

An angry inquiry referring to a Denver newspaper headline accusing Eisenhower of keeping more trout than the legal limit during a vacation in Colorado. 1952

I don't blame him.

November 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Very well said,John. As for arresting this insanity,it's more a question of will than of time but it needs to be done! But first,we need to wise the public up!!!

November 29, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Charlie Seattle

Everyone naively thinks that the goal is to win here.

Keeping bases in former soviet territory and maintaining control over the oil region, FOREVER! is far more important that winning quickly and leaving.

Why would Prez Bush leave a back door out of Tora Bora for Bin Laden to walk through?

Why would Prez Obama delay and then undercut Gen Stanley McChrystal's requests for enough troops to win?

Our ill equipped and undermanned forces have just enough to tread water and that's it. But this is by design. Here are now in 2010, 9 years after 9/11/2001.

Our brave men and women will follow good orders that win wars quickly or bad ones that do not. They have been set up to fail at worst, tie at best.

November 26, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Riza Afghan

I think his ISP disconnected him from the internet coz of his useless/repeated comments😛
    I hope he is fine and healthy.

November 26, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy.....

Riza ....leave yak alone. We have important things to talk here😉

November 27, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  23. Dindy.....

Riza....how come you are so cheerful ..living in a country like Afghanistan ? God is with you . God is not a religion it is a life style🙂 when true god is within people are happy and constructive. That is how you are. Prayers and Blessings!!!

November 26, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Dindy- Riza is so happy becuase Afghanistan has really good almods and Watermelon and Polmaganites come from here, there is alo 129 species of fish in Afghanistan including snow trout. Once they have peace and a strong economy they will have everything they need, besides, it does no good to despair.

November 26, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Dindy- Riza is so happy becuase Afghanistan has really good almonds and Watermelon and Polmagranites come from here, there is alo 129 species of fish in Afghanistan including snow trout. Once they have peace and a strong economy they will have everything they need, besides, it does no good to despair.

November 26, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  24. Kalid

This is a demand letter from the world community on behalf of world justice and human rights. The United States Government and Saudi Aramco are guilty of supporting terrorism, the subjugation of women, and the suppression of individual rights through their support of Saudi’s monarchy. The world community demands justice on behalf of Saudi’s citizens and world peace. We will no longer stand by and witness the travesties of human rights that exist due to oil profiteering. The world community demands that Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Bin Abdulrahman Bin Faisal Bin Turki Bin Abdullah Bin Muhammad Bin Saud be put on trial in the International Court of Justice for his blatant abuse of basic human rights set forth by the United Nations under the guise of the Sharia and Sunni Islam. All profits from future oil exportation will be put into a trust fund for the Democratic Nation of Saudi Arabia until Saudi’s new government is aligned with world democratic standards. Furthermore, the United States Government and every administration since Hoover should be held liable for the political manipulation that has indirectly allowed this monarchy to commit crimes against its people for over 8 decades.

November 25, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Kalid- Good point with one small problem; Afghanistan doesn't have oil, they have rocks, sure they have some gems, tin and copper to the tune of 1 trillion supposedly, but no oil, Afghanistan has rocks, lots and lots of rocks.

November 26, 2010 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

Extremely well put,Kalid. I couldn't agree more.

November 27, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Dindy.....

The biggest crime is attacking innocents who worked in offices (WTC ) on that day. We have not seen any other crime worse that. Shut up roll . your mat.

November 27, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |

@ Dindy- That was awesome! "Shut up, roll your mat." LoL

November 28, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

Classic!

November 29, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Riza Afghan

I don't think you can train 1 Million national army in 1 month, can you🙂 ?
    NATO/USA is training at least 30-40k AFG National Army every year and you should know, AFG started from 0 and now have 170k National Army, at least AFG needs 300k to take responsibility fully.

Everything needs time and you should know: Rome was not made in 1 day.

AFG people are trying to make a peaceful home and lots of countries are disturbing Afghanistan.
    Mostly " IRAN/Pakistan " but still we are struggling and trying our best.

Setting on a comfy chair and typing/leaving comments is easy but doing what you are saying is quit hard😉

After 30+ years of war, 90% of Afghanis doesn't care about Religions anymore, they are not interested to pray nor fight for any religion because lots of bad guys misguided Afghan people and told them to fight because of religion and now most Afghans knows about these tactics and are very tired of fightings.

Afghan People just need a peaceful life just like any other people in the world.
    We have family – We want to live also.

You should know, Country is like a jungle. you will find every kind of animal in a jungle.
    All animals are not bad in a jungle. there might be 1-2% bad animal in whole jungle but you can't blame whole jungle for 1-2% bad animals.

you are saying Pakistan will change ? that will never happen. Pakistan is a mess and that mess is not fixable.
    Pakistan and Saudi Arabia is extremist of Islam and they will never stop abusing/killing by the name of ISLAM.

To be honest. Afghans are tired of religions. Afghans don't need ISLAM nor Christian or any other religion.
    Some extremists came from Saudi Arabia & Pakistan and misleading our people to blow them self to get 75 virgins which is completely BullSH!T...

November 25, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Riza, Yes the Afgan army is actually more like 140K right now (I think the number you are referring to includes the Police Force- which I am not including), a little higher but at the beginning of the year it was only under 70K (and it took over 6 years to get that). In January the US army replaced most of the National Guard troops who were doing the training with a active duty Army Infantry Battalion and they have more than doubled the number of Afghan troops in less than a year. More than that, they have completly changed the training providng not only faster production but a higher quality (i.e. better trained and equipped) Afghan Army. The US Armty is also implemeting a drug policy and education program for the Afghans becuase over 70% of the recruits are drug addicts when they arrive and have also implemented a literacy program teaching the Afghans to read and write Dari, those who show promise and learn to read and write are usually selected to be Officers and Sergeants. It will not be long before Afghansiatn has a fully manned professional and capable Army. The biggest things holding Afghanistan back right now are the drug problem, the corruption, lack of national pride and belief in their govornment and lack of a stable economy and employment (kind of sounds familiar). I have foreseen the future and there is a future for Afghanistan if they manage to fix these things quickly; if not, the future of Afghanistan will be bleak.
      The Prophet has Spoken

November 26, 2010 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy.....

The Prophet Mohammed... Thank you for the meaningful truth. Bless you and the plan too.!!

November 27, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Dindy.....

Riza.....when read some comments I wonder... are they really from Human . That is why. No need to wear the wrong hat🙂 your posts are good.

November 27, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Riza- I think they really do get Virgins, they're just all Trekkies...

November 27, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  26. Dindy.....

BLANDERS AND DB..........As you guys must know better than me ..then the best solution is to stop giving aids to Pakistan and Afghan government and withdraw troops and secure own home land borders. Actually it has taken too long time. So many precious lives are lost . So much pain every day thinking that so many others are still there hunting for Bin if it is true what Benazir Bhutto has said .

November 25, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Dindy- First of all everyone should keep in mind that Andrew J. Bacevich is trying to SELL a book. Is the US neglecting it's people? Go open your refridgerator, take a look around if it's not empty the answer is they are not neglecting you.

Pakistan does need to step up, they are BSing the US into thinking they are doing more against terrorism than they really are because the US makes periodic payments (which are huge). They are only going after low level Taliban who are causing problems in Pakistan for the most part and are protecting the Taliban the rest of the time.

Afghanistan needs to step up and take some pride in their country, It's hard to believe how ignorant they are, roughly 90% do not read so television, and word of mouth is their means of communication. In the areas where the NATO forces are not constantly at, the Taliban sneak in like cowardly bullies and bully the helpless people, combined with the fact the government is so corrupt I can understand the feeling that their government is not legitimate and they feel the Taliban will simply outwait the NATO forces. I can UNDERSTAND it, but it's still not the right answer, the People need to stand up and take a active part, protest and demand justice when their government fails, set aside their tribal bickering and take some pride to instill unity in their country. Not until the people begin to believe in Afghanistanwill the govornment become legitimate, without that, NATO cannot and will not leave. The end result is the Afghanis need to be able to stand on thier own, the sooner that happens, the sooner the troops can come home.
      – my blessings to you "Tight Lines", the Prophet has Spoken.

November 25, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
      • Andy

Tight lines Prophet and may your leader and tippet never fray!

November 25, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
      • Riza Afghan

I don't think you can train 1 Million national army in 1 month, can you🙂 ?

Everything needs time and you should know: Rome was not made in 1 day.

Mostly " IRAN/Pakistan " but still we are struggling and trying our best.

We have family – We want to live also.

November 25, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy.....

The Prophet Mohammed.....
        Well written and a meaningful post. Today Pakistan are playing in China for Asian games. Finals with Sri lanka. But I cant make up my mind to watch it when I know the most precious men and women in out time are really not in China but in Afghanistan. Thank you for sharing these comments today. I feel the same way Prop.M. What is the solution. USA and Nato can leave if Mr. Obama agree. Now the North Korea is trying to fish too in the dirty water. That country has starving children all over but they spend money for Rockets and Nuclear missiles. Then there is another Joker in Iran whose nose is too long so he put his nose every where. Troops have two options. Leave the whole thing and watch their own borders. Otherwise continue for few more years with the least support from corrupted governments. Prop M. ..anyway all these activities are going on or these deals are in between the people with two different Morals. So most things has to be done by USA AND Nato. Here in our country..there is a saying... The one who knows the pain is the one who has the wound. All I wish is the protection and safe return of troops therefore. Fallen are the most precious after all as they gave their lives for others. No matter what any donkeys or goats say on this page time to time. peace and grace in him !!!

November 26, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Dindy, Yes this is the state of affairs in the world today, and a sad state it is. All over there are problems and wars too numerous to list. My heart and thoughts go out the the Brave people of South Korea, Afghanistan, and all the NATOs forces and to thier families far away. Watch the game and drink a beer to honor those in war zones who cannot. If more people worried about the really important things in life there would be a shortage of fishing poles. The Prophet has Spoken!

November 26, 2010 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Andy- Thanks, I'm gonna need those blessings when I am chasing Chrome in a few nore weeks.

November 26, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Riza- I'm not Sitting on a comfy chair and typing/leaving comments but thanks anyway.

November 26, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

If that is true why are the Taliban fighting so scared??? The way things are going they will run out of Leaders!!! That is why They will lose...

November 27, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Larry, I always carry a spare leader and tippet material, I am especially fond of Flourocarbon tippets, as for leaders it is important to buy the right size leaders for the size flies you will be fishing. I've had good luck with Scientific Anglers. But for a fly line I recommend Cortlandt 444 as the way to go. Fish on Baby!

November 28, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

We already tried that and ended up going back!!! We can not afford to do it again... At least in Afghanistan We have help from other Countries!!! Not like in Iraq...

November 27, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Larry- Uh, there were other countries in Iraq too, there are MORE in Afghanistan but the Brittts, Ugandans, Australians and South Koreans were definately in Iraq, I'm sure there were others too.

November 28, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  27. DB

Yes, US is, and will be in a state of permanent warfare until it becomes irrelevant in the world. It's economy is already in shambles. Only direct and indirect foreign aid (in the form of FDI, cheap imports, etc.) keep the US economy afloat. Everybody tires of propping up a war monger, and just like the old Soviet Union, US will simply run out of money to finance these permanent wars.

November 25, 2010 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

It wouldn't be that way if They would tax the 2.5 percent like the Democrats wants to do!!! It will only get worse if the Republicans and Tea Party gets Their way...

November 27, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

Palin!

November 29, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Blanders

The public still have no idea why US and NATO forces are there, and WHY they went in in the first place. O'Bin Laden is long dead/murdered (as Benazir Bhutto told David Frost in 2007), no reason there – the drugs and who knows what else are still coming out of the country in army shipping containers and weapons companies are richer than ever, as the civillian population cop a flogging from all sides.

November 25, 2010 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  29. Dindy.....

Continue selfless effort given to make a better world. Afghan is a place so many have suffered under Taliban. Past few months Karzai tried to have peace talks and the answer was more suicide attacks. The US and Nato and Pakistan Army are working together and they must finish what they began together. Should not leave people in Afghanistan people in Despair .Should help The Afghan official Army to be more stable and the government too.
    Meanwhile must keep good relation ship with Pakistan as they have helped a lot and still doing so. These are the most important years. US citizens must increase praying for troops despite of lots of Xmas parties with drinks. Should raise the name of true God . So the opposite one"s(satan) angels can"t be at work.

November 25, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  30. LarryKegel(US Army)

The World is finally learning what We have known for a long time!!! We have to stop Tarriest...

November 24, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

Tarriest???? I taught I taw a pootty tat...

November 25, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

Tweet!

November 25, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Peace_Lover

Wow...stop all the hate! That is what this world has too much of...just STOP!

November 24, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

I couldn't agree with you more,Peace_Lover!!!

November 24, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
      • Green Hornet

Right,Larry we do need to stop all this hatred as it only plays into the hands of the right-wing thugs in Washington!

November 24, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Larry, I agree, infact I think everyone should be reading the bible, there is a lot of wisdom there: John (ch. XXI, v. 3)

November 27, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

Anger is healthy when it is expressed correctly, more drones anyone?

November 25, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
      • LOVEFORALLHATREDFORNONE

Who ever you are, i think you have not been to school as your reply made no sense, so i will repeat what i wrote and that was for Raiz Afgan not for you. Are you here to reply on others behalf as i will request you to be kind and stop saying stuff about which you have no idea off. Do read my post carefully and then come back with an answer.

November 27, 2010 at 4:27 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ LOVEFORALLHATREDFORNONE- Oh I am quite sure you understood my post you hate filled Paki Worm.

November 27, 2010 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  32. Andrew Lubin

Bacevich knows better than to worry about 'permanent war'. While I mourn the loss of his son (as mine returns Monday from Deployment # 5); he needs to remember that Obama's goal is to get Karzai and his inept government spun up to the point where it can provide a semblance of basic services as we simultaniously mentgor the ANA.

Anything beyond those modest goals is "Big Army" looking to turn this into an annuity – which Bacevich understands too-well from his own "Big Army' background.

November 24, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  33. BANGASH

IN beginning Afghans believed it was a war between Alqaida and USA therefore preferred isolation and even Mullah Umar surrendered to karzai when in future setup Talibans safety was guaranteed. But when Donald Rumsfield rejected the deal it forced Taliban to become part of Alqaida for a long proxy war as now it was clear that America has not come behind Osama or Alqaida but for occupation of A fghanistan and deprive Afghans of their natural resources. It is now ninth year and each year is adding to the deaths and destructions of USA which is now being realized in Washington. Being an eyewitness of three decades long US wars in this region I can conclude that America is now going to reap what they had sown in this region.

November 24, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

You've got it wrong again BANGASH, President George W. Bush stated that we will go after these Islamic extremist wherever they are and also whoever harbors or supports them, which is what the Taliban had done so they were the enemy at the beginning of the war, also and until they relent from their terrorist activities and lay down their arms and give up Omar, bin-Laden and al- Zawahiri there will be no end in sight unless the Afghan armed forces can fully take over all operations to get these wanted men! WE IN THE END WILL WIN OVER ISLAMIC RADICALISM!

November 24, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

BANGASH has it right and you know it!

November 24, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Huh, your probably the impostor but one thing for sure is that all people will bow down to Jesus and we are historically a Christian nation based on it's values and surely God is with us rather than a few thousand or so Islamic extremist.

November 24, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy.....

DAN..in ......Some one else has said here that the Benazir Bhutto has said Bin is dead sometime ago ??

November 25, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

Humour!

November 25, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Dan in Lafayette, IN- Actually, God is with me, I talk to him all the time, we fish together a lot.

November 28, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riza Afghan

Dude, no one is helping for free.
      they came for resources or whatsoever, who cares ?

9 Years ago, there was nothing in Afghanistan, if no government and no afghan could live there, then W..T..F we should do with afghanistan resources ?

even if USA is taking Afghanistan resources, they are giving something in return.
      Even if Afghanistan gets 20% of those resources and USA take 80%, still Afghanistan will be richer then Saudi Arabia😉

Afghanistan will gladly give all those resources and live happily😉

Right now, Pakistani Terrorists are not letting USA to take anything and trying to invade Afghanistan once again. so they could take whateva they want and they won't give Afghan people a penny nor will let Afghans to live happily.

So it's better we afghans allow USA dudes to come and hook us up😉

November 24, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy.....

Riza Afghan ..YOUR HONESTY AND SELFLESSNESS WILL BLESS YOUR COUNTRY IN THE NEAR FUTURE !!! MAY GOD BLESS PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND YOUR COUNTRY !!!!! Also pray that Pakistan Army get wisdom and strength to capture Ar qaeda leaders hiding by the borders if I am correct.

November 24, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
      • LOVEFORALLHATREDFORNONE

You of all people you used to live in caves till Pakistan allowed you and 4 million of your Brother and sisters into there country and now you say such claims. I always say whatever your views maybe please try and back them with proof, i for one will tell you that Afganistan with or without British then USSR and now USA will never be in peace, that is because Afgan nation is a thankless nation who have not said thankyou to people who have helped over the years in helping your nation stand on its feets, but you people Martyred those who came to help your nation ( Stoning them to death ). If you have any sense the you will go back in your nations history and will come to the conclusion that what your nation is going through is because of your own deeds and not what you write. Allah or God sam e things punishes the people with different things to make the people open there eyes to there deeds but alas if only your nation could see.

November 25, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Riza Afghan- I tried to hook up with you; you stood me up at the McDonalds in Kabul, what gives?
        Spreading the love, Prophet style.

November 25, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  34. Riza Afghan

These dudes should check 9 year old background of Afghanistan.
    See the difference, if they can't see it then they are blind.

As an Afghan Resident, i am very well satisfied and country is much stable then Pakistan😉 LoL

I'm living a peaceful life and have no problem in the country.
    some USA dudes are not happy being in Afghanistan, USA troops will be in Afghanistan maximum 4 more years then bye bye.

Just need few more years to bring more power to National Army of AFG then leave AFG and AFG will control himself everything.

Of course, AFG people will always be thankful of NATO and the US.

God Bless USA & NATO.

November 24, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Will you just cut the right-wing bla-bla-bla,Riza? We have no right to be over there and you know it!!!

November 24, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

Broken-record.

November 24, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

Here goes Phunnie boy(Bledsoe) again,making fun of our troops. He never fails but I wish that he'd quit usurping my name. Like I said before,as much as I hate this stupid war I'd never belittle or disrespect the troops!!!

November 24, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
      • Andrew Lubin

I don't blame you Bledsoe for feeling that way. In fact,so do I. This war is no good but nobody should make a joke about it.

November 24, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
      • Joseph McCarthy

Will you kindly cut the Tea Party lingo out, Riza? It has no place here!

November 24, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy.....

Dan in Lafayette ,iN..................IS THIS REALLY YOU DAN ?

November 24, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Of course it is,Dindy. The one and only!

November 25, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

Fraud.

November 25, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
      • Daniel

Dan, do you even know what we're doing here and what our strategy is? Or do you just listen to the anti-war liberals and believe that, because it's too hard, we shouldn't even try? COIN operations are time consuming but there is an end-state and it is achievable. Did you really call an Afghan citizen a right-winger?! That's a new one!

November 26, 2010 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
    • JP

Tough to fake an accent in a posting Riza, eh? (that means I must be Canadian).

November 24, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
      • Riza Afghan

stop acting like a stupid.
        I am an Afghan, "from Afghanistan – district Parwan" and living in Kabul.

November 24, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
      • Bledsoe

Spotted!

November 28, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

We need more NATO fighters and less Americans!!! We have spent enough on These wars...

November 24, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

No Larry,what we need is a total withdrawal of all foreign forces from Afghanistan and get the Karzai regime and the Taliban together.

November 24, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
      • Christian

The U.S. has done its part in being "Policeman of the World" and getting criticized by everyone for doing what THEY are too lazy, cowardly or just plain cheap to do. It's time for NATO and the European Union, among others, to ante up...and to shut up! They'd soon be singing another tune.

November 25, 2010 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Dan, believe it or not Kharzi IS TALIBAN, he's just not radical that's all, instead he has surrounded himself with Family and Friends who just happen to be extremely corrupt and taking advantage of his naivety which is really slowing progress for getting the troops out.

November 28, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy.....

Riza.....Afghan....Pray everyday that your country will be healed in the coming years . Also for a strong government who can stand against rude Taliban.

November 24, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • LOVEFORALLHATREDFORNONE

I keep telling you to stop the rubbish that you write i have been reading all the posts on this site for sometime and i have found you and a couple of more dudes writing nothing but Trash, please be constructive in your views, or as i see all of you guys writing Trash are using this pad to express the Hate which is in you all.

November 25, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Riza- Yeah, I hear Afghanis using the word "Dudes" all the time, LoL.

November 25, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
      • Riza Afghan

hahaha, yea dude🙂
        Sometimes we use "Mate" or "Amigos" also😉 but mostly "Dude" is famous in AFG.

November 25, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
      • Daniel

Actually, they do. But they're Afghans, not Afghanis (afghani is money).

November 26, 2010 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
    • baybrotha

Wish we would have focused on Afganistan in the first place instead of shifting our attention to Iraq. If I'm not mistaken, non of the Hijackers were Iraqi. All were Egyptian... Should Egypt pay reperations? Obama was left the task of cleaning up the mess of the former administration. We are no longer in Iraq... Anyone want to say Hurray for that? I agree that this thing is going on far to long and I think the Afgan government should deal with it... we should cut any aid we may be paying them until they do so. Also, the Egyptian government should be sending it's troops to fight in masses as a measure of good faith as it was their countrymen that killed over 3,000 Americans. So please people, support your president, he didn't start this mess, let's rally around him as Americans and find a soulition to resolve the matter. AMERICAN FIRST!

November 29, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • naos

Riza that's what I'm thinking, and You confirm; afghan people need someone to clear the garden but very soon will be able to do all by themself
      Good luck