November 3rd, 2010

Two service members killed in Afghanistan

Two coalition service members in Afghanistan were killed on Wednesday, NATO's International Security Assistance Force said.

One died after an improvised explosive device attack in the south and the other was killed after an insurgent attack in the north.

ISAF wouldn't disclose the nationalities and the precise locations of the incidents.

Post by:
Filed under: Afghan security forces • IEDs • NATO
  1. Dindy.....

SME..my son is in the military too. It was not my choice. Yet i am praying for him and others . He thinks he fights for the country. But this war has taken too long and I dont understand why AFGHANISTAN AND Pakistan Army them selves cant take care of the problem with al-queda.
    Because US have helped them with money and equipments too.

November 6, 2010 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. SME

Just to let you know I was there and also alot of friends and faimly. Not only there Iraq too. Im not saying that it sucks and is really sad when one of us dont come home, just trying to say that there is a purpose over there and that the troops are doing jobs. Support the troops

November 4, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mom of a soldier

The news media does not report the war at all . If you listen to the news media, you would never know that our sons and daughters are risking their lives each day fighting this war. The only attention this war has is from the loves ones of those that are there. This country just went through a bitter battle with the elections and none of the politicians even thanked or remarked on the war in Afghanistan.

November 4, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy.....

Soldier Mom...I am upset if it is true. My son also in US army.

November 6, 2010 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  4. Travis

Actually Dan in LaFayette already said it all when he blogged above stating that this obnoxious war has nothing to do with national security nor our civil rights. Just when are people going to wise up and realize how right he is???

November 4, 2010 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

That was not Dan in Lafayette, but the infamous impostor who does not like to use his own name. I believe that this war on terror is a serious matter that all countries should address especially the faith of Islam since it is degrading it's name!

November 4, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  5. DNE

I say enough!!! Our men and women are loosing their lives, Whether it be for freedom, rights, religion, whatever it may be, lets do it on our soil! Mothers, Fathers, spouses, and other family members are tired of waiting by the phone and dread. the "knock" on the door. Lets bring them home and focus on our borders and protect them. I pray every night that ALL our sodiers will come home safely, especially my husband.

November 4, 2010 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
    • SME

I say enough!!! If you want them to fight on our soil then you should know what would come with it. The people of Afghan live in terror everyday that the taliban will blow them up or thier house they fight their because we our trying to stop who has killed the rest of our americans that have already died (9/11 Iraq, Afghan). By all means though if you want your husband home so badly i just wanted to let you know what you will get with it just saying think about another 9/11. Yes I know every military family wants ther husband, wife, father, mother ect. but we are fighting to be safe in our country. Thank you Troops!!

November 4, 2010 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy.....

SME....May I ask you... ?Do you have any family member in battle field? If yes ..you are very brave to post above. SME ..we all are going through a difficult period after 9/11. Lets pray for each other and care for . We have no choice after 9/11. If we let the suicide bombers live ..sure they can attack again. On the other hand when we go to defeat some have fallen for others safety. I pray everyday for the unity and peace then all of us can live including Afghan innocent civilians. I know the troops cant turn back now from where they are. May the spirit of God guide them.

November 4, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • mcmurdo proud military fiance

I totally agree with you there DNE, my fiance is over there too serving in afghanistan and the waiting is the hardest, we must focus on the soliders who are serving never mind the stupid rights, yes bring our troops home, to my fiance if he reads this , I love you richard p , go troops go and am praying all the time for their safety.

November 4, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dan in Lafayette, IN

These young men and women who are dying are fighting for the rights, freedoms and security of all the worlds people which your truth of 360 degrees wishes to take away from the people!

November 3, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Actually,this obnoxious war has nothing to do with our rights or freedoms any more than our national security. The MIC wants this war for it's own benefit and that's the cold,hard truth of the matter!

November 3, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

So you disagree that every human has rights that all people should abide by or only those who follow your truth of 360 degrees of liars and killers?

November 3, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Gary Johndro

This is terrible! It makes me wanna cry.

November 3, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |