October 15th, 2010

16 coalition troops died in last 3 days

Two more coalition servicemembers died in Afghanistan Friday, bringing the number of slain foreign troops in the last three days to 16.

One died on Friday in the eastern part of the war-ravaged country after an insurgent attack on Thursday. The other was killed in southern Afghanistan in a roadside blast on Friday, the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force said.

Home & Away: Casualties in Afghanistan and Iraq

The deadliest day was Thursday when eight NATO troops died. Six ISAF troops died on Wednesday.

ISAF has not announced the nationalities of those slain, in line with policy leaving identification up to the victims' home countries.

But the U.S. military said four Marines and a soldier were killed on Wednesday and the Polish Defense Ministry said one of its soldiers was slain on Thursday. The French government said a military nurse was gravely wounded on Thursday and died later.

Thursday was the first time since August 30 that so many international troops had been killed in hostile incidents in Afghanistan in a single day, according to CNN records. On that day, seven Americans, a Canadian and an Estonian were killed.

Forty-three coalition service members have died this October in Afghanistan so far.

It's the deadliest year of the nine-year-old war for foreign troops. The number of coalition service members killed so far in 2010 now stands at 589.

The highest monthly coalition death toll occurred in June, with 103 foreign troop deaths, a figure that includes Americans and service members other nations.

In July, 65 Americans died, the highest monthly death toll for U.S. service members.

Post by:
Filed under: Casualties • Troops
  1. Dindy.....

Reply to One small voice.
    ....war is not my choice either. we had 30 years of war here. . we are here because of many others who died.to prevent us from suicide attacks. I do not want anyone to go killing. . yet some one has to go to defend others. Because not many are in prayers to defeat evil . So they close the passage to god but accepting Devil"s orders. It has happened to the whole world already. God"s beautiful creation is destroyed not yesterday but since the day God gave Eve to Adam. Jesus came to re establish our union with God. Yet ..what has happened.. you also know it. People listened to Devil and attacked the most brutal way. They justify it with many reasons. ( They say because of Israel they did it. Some say because of they deserve it for being 180 degree pot heads) God has said to be a voice to voice less. Stand for the weak. If we dont the suicide bombers under drugs will fly more planes.
    Do not give up prayers for peace. Here I was being attacked for being a Christian. But I did not kill any or have thought of killing. I pray and has left it in god"s hand.
    Yet How many can agree with above theory??? As a country with a experience of something like 9/11 will they just pray??? No. They will defend it till no more people come to suicide after take drugs.
    God use people in different ways. we have to understand our mission. You are correct. we dont like to die . Not like to see anyone else death either. Yet every one else not thinking like that. Not even your own children. Because we do not belong to each other. We all belong to God and each of them has a different mission. One last thing...is everybody must understand who talk to us when we listen. Is it God or Devil. If one is under drugs ..it is not god. Afghan is getting free from drugs(Opium). So al qeada will not get it. Then the suicide rate will go down. To do all these things someone has to go there. It is nice if they come to salvation through talk not from killing. Yet al qaeda has not come yet to peace talk. They have different faith. They think they do a favor to God from killingšŸ˜¦ If the snake is running after me every day even though I am in my own house ...what do we do at the end? You think God will tell us to pet it and feed it ??No. we have to stop it before poisoned us. That is the way some think. So they still go .We cant stop them small voice. No one is ours to hold. They each have different desires. Some in flesh and some in spirit. All we can do is pray for everyone" welfare. As we ask God will answer !! when we go to answer comments ( like me doing right now) we loose the time for prayers..most important thingšŸ™‚ God has aid to pray for Israel too . Thank you for commenting my other post.

October 19, 2010 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

Well said Dindy.

October 19, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dindy.....

Are you any superior than any of us. No never. But I am happy you came back with honesty with your previous post. How can you say all the people who were on WTC deserve it. No way. They did not pay what they played. Again your comment is going back to Israel. I am for peace. But now it is time to defend as some worship Devils and pretending they are with 360 truth. They say Israel is the problem. So they attacked innocent. We cant have peace unless people stop listening to devil. What is al-qeada doing. ??Finding a reason to kill. They say it is Israel. you had said it too. If it not your post then it is fine. So these men came under drugs and suicide. if you dont agree with them then it is fine.But you agree with them from saying... what they pay is what they played..I will...look after my self if blood is on my face and I look like a wolf.But you look after your self first. You always leave Jesus behind when you write and condemn the trinity.what you believe is Jesus is Just a prophet. you call us 180 degree pot heads. If you are so holy front of God then why God cant hear your peace accord in your way?? Nine years have passed and still the suicide right in Pakistan also. When I prayed for my country God answered. I read the news in Pakistan this morning and 18 dead because of politics . Something wrong somewhere. Prove your 360 Holiness in action not only by words. (Isaiah 44:26)
    " But I carry out the predictions of my prophets.when they say Jerusalem will be saved and the towns of Juddah will be lived in once again ,it will be done!!! If you are so Holy than us as you say then pray and prove your God listens to you. No use of just saying it every day but prove it. Begin with your own country.

October 19, 2010 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. cp

Keli – If there were anyway to organize peaceful demonstrations to end this war I would. My car has a bumper sticker that reads "Bring home the troops." I will pray daily for your husband and all of 3/5 safe return home.

October 18, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • USMC Forever

I feel that same way you do,cp. The problem is that the right-wing thugs in Washington want to continue the profiteering and the right-wing politicians want to keep on getting themselves elected over this obnoxious war no matter how many lives are lost!!!

October 18, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dindy.....

October 17th 11.15am post is not mine.

October 18, 2010 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. Dindy.....

Did not post on October 17th 11.19 am either.

October 18, 2010 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  6. Dindy.....

October 16th at 10am I did NOT post

October 18, 2010 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. Third Battalion

I knew one of the Marines from the Big Red 1Division that died on Wednesday. Everyone was just notified last night and it's truly sad when you know of someone personally who has died.
    My friend was a really good guy and had only just deployed 3 weeks earlier.
    My heart goes out to his family.

October 17, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Onesmallvoice

I'd be careful about what you state here since Phunnie boy's liable to make such a joke out it like everything else about this obnoxious war.

October 17, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy.....

Third Battalion. He died like a real Hero.So they never die but live in good humans hearts. He gave his life for others. I am truly there with you at this moment. Do not ask me why . When they Join Military .they know what they are going to face. ( when I write ..I am also crying like you ) But this is what at least I can do. My son too is in the Military. I dont want to say where. This is a fight with devil. we have to be very strong in spirit too to win. Anyway we are going to win and we all meet in one place one day where no more death . Those who are dead also come back to life the day of second Judgment. That day is not very far from now. My respect , and love goes to his Family for their precious one they gave to this world.

October 18, 2010 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
      • Onesmallvoice

Actually Dindy,nobody should have to die in this obnoxious war. It's taking place only because the MIC(military-industrial-complex) is making a great deal of money off of it as they run everything in Washington!

October 18, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dindy.....

Here or there it is same. Young soldiers always fight in the front line. US is super power and why leaving these precious young men to die like this ??????????They are the future of US. Please God!!!! Give wisdom to superiors!! in the Holy name of Jesus Amen !!!

October 16, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • dindy Sri lanka

If Jesus had his way,we wouldn't be fighting this obnoxious war as he once told the Pharisees to give all things to Caesar what's his and all things that belong to God to God.

October 17, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

Beautifully put,dindy Sri lanka. Thank you.

October 17, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy.....

I DID NOT POST..If..Jesus .had his way...October 16th 11.19am

October 18, 2010 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  9. spacewalker

NO way to come up. HEROES crushing your serpent head again and put you back in hell with the Mighty help of Jesus !!!That is the 360×6 truth. So shut up crazy nut case of devil pretending here like a saint.

October 16, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dindy

I fully agree with CP . Also kelly and the parents of Heroes are in my prayers every day!!!

October 16, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • dindy Sri lanka

Actually Phunnie boy,there are no heroes in this obnoxious war.Only people who come to take over Afghanistan as has been going on for centuries.Affghanistan belongs to the Afghans and nobody else!!!

October 17, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

Good posting,dindy. Thank you.

October 17, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy.....

Not from me (.October 17th 11.19 am )

October 18, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
      • Dindy.....

Be careful every body ..some one is making fun out of almost every comment. They are serving devil .Just to irritate and . Making us angry so we cant pray in peace or focus on God!!

October 18, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
      • Onesmallvoice

You nailed it,Dindy.The last thing we need here is to have this bozo poking fun at all this death and destruction and making fun of our troops at the same as he always does.I call him Phunnie boy and it's a shame that they let him blog his sick jokes here.We'll just have to get used to it!!!

October 18, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Keli

Thanks for all your prayers. It means a lot to us all.

October 17, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. cp

Keli – I pray for your husband's and all of 3/5 safety. I also search for Afghanistan news everyday. My heart breaks for those that died. They are truly this nations heros.

October 16, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Keli

Thank you cp. It makes me happy to see that there are people who care.

October 17, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dindy.....

Joining with CP here.....
      How do we prevent this ? We must change the way of praying?? Shall we say " GOD take all of us out from this terrible situation and restore peace "" .I hope it will work as it is not desire in flesh but for every one's spiritual welfare. Shall we praise God first for all the good things he has already done to us and place this prayer by his feet? We are not wishing death to anyone in this prayer. So it is not selfish. God will agree with this. In this prayer we have no hate on anyone.

October 19, 2010 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  12. Keli

4 Marines died on Wednesday and 2 died on Thursday. All from 3/5 based out of Camp Pendelton, CA

October 16, 2010 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Onesmallvoice

I suspect that Phunnie boy's going to try to make sick joke of this,too. He apperently has no shame.

October 16, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
      • Daniel-2

I am sure you are right, he will surely be back here with more of his blah blah blah.

October 16, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
      • Keli

I guess I missed who phunnyboy is. I actually know this because my husband is in 3/5 right now and I search for news from Afghanistan everyday, but of course I get this news from the Marine Corps times because apparently it's not newsworthy for any major news network. All of them were under 25. They haven't even been there for more than a few weeks.

October 16, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. hjdgfuiao

helo i feal so cool writinG this right NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 15, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • FHAUKSDFYHI

REALLY YOU FEAL COOLLLLLL OKAYYYYYYYYYYKKKKKKK

October 15, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Gary Johndro

This terrible! How can this happen with all our vastly superior firepower? It's beyond me!!!

October 15, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • CurrentlyThere

The real question is how can different results be expected with the ROE being the way it is. The soldiers basically have to be shot first before they can return fire. The soldiers are told to do something then every restraint possible is imposed on them. "Superior firepower" is meaningless if its now allowed to be used. Our civilian public want success but dont want to know how it was achieved. When and if they do find out, they protest. I didnt think the military was in the business of handing out sunshine and lollipops. All I hear is people opposing everything yet doing nothing about it themselves. Couch politicians. What a great country we live in. We can bash our guardians and our president and cry about this and that, then go back to sitting on the couch all day watching tv and doing absolutely nothing to contribute to our countrys security. As long as it isn't someone in their own family dying out here then who cares right?

October 15, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
      • John

Actually the war in Afghanistan has very little to do with national security and nothing to do with our civil liberties.We're there for the purpose of exloiting that country's natural resources and making the war profiteers ever richer over here.

October 15, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
      • John

That was a typo. i meant to write 'exploiting that country's neutral resources'

October 16, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dindy.....

Currently There
        your comment went right in to my heart and I agree with you. Everyone must contribute the way they can. It is really important. At least to up lift the Moral of troops in the battle field.

October 17, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Manmohan Lal

I have said it multiple times before and I say it again: NATO and American trrops need to learn from India on how to fight.

October 16, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Third Battalion

IED took the 4 Marines who were in a fully armored HV. All had been trainied @ Camp Pendleton in San Diego.

October 17, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |