October 11th, 2010

Prime minister: Hostage may have been killed by U.S. grenade

A British aid worker who died during an operation to rescue her from kidnappers in Afghanistan may have been killed by a grenade thrown by American forces trying to free her, British Prime Minister David Cameron said Monday.

Gen. David Petraeus, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, will launch an investigation into the failed attempt to rescue Linda Norgrove, 36, Cameron said.

NATO and British officials had said earlier she was killed by her captors, who detonated an explosive.

Read the full story

Post by:
Filed under: Daily Developments
  1. USMC Forever

I am the real USMC Forever, not this fake with his P****Y right wing crap. What REAL MARINE would talk like a P****Y like this punk???

October 15, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

Ok ok i believe you.

October 16, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. USMC Forever

Why would any one use a grenade to save and separate the hostage from their captors????They did not mention a flash grenade, so I must take it as a frag. I must say it sounds like some thing else may have happened here. Just does not make sense for the SF to screw up like this. I know I have worked with them many times and they are very good at doing this type of op.

October 12, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • USMC Forever

It doesn't make sense for us to have troops in that country either,but we do! We need to get them out of there,pronto!!!

October 12, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
      • Kerry

Are you a schizophrenic or two guys who cant agree?

October 12, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
      • USMC Forever

No we're not,Kerry.Some bozo keeps on posting his right-wing mumbo-jumbo under my name trying to make me look like a stupid,tea partying,right-wing jerk!

October 12, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
      • John

Sorry Kerry!!! that would be me!!!???

October 13, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
      • USMC Forever

Shut your mouth P***Y Boy!! I am the real USMC Forever not your weak pathetic self. Whats with the right wing crap, you must be some Paki or John get a life you P.O.S.

October 18, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. John

Even if they find the soldier responsable for this incident,I find it quite dubious that they'll ever punish him. They always protect their own.

October 11, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

I am a complete an absolute idiot, no seriously, I am buyt fooking stupid

October 11, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
      • John

If you're going to usurp my name,at least drop the filthy Tea Party lingo,will you? I don't mind having my name hijacked so much as the use of that Tea Party lingo being blogged under it.

October 12, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Attila

If the flash bang accidentally lands in your lap it will kill (if you don't know what a flash bang is , go stab yourself with the handle of a butter knife)

October 11, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |