October 8th, 2010

Blast at mosque kills provincial governor, 19 others

An anti-insurgent provincial governor who had survived Taliban assassination attempts was among 20 people who died on Friday in an explosion at a northern Afghan mosque during prayers, a government official said.

The blast in Afghanistan's Takhar province killed Kunduz provincial governor Engineer Mohammad Omar, who recently sounded an alarm about the threat of insurgents during an interview with CNN.

The bombing also wounded 35 others, with most of those killed and injured engaged in prayer, said Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman Zamarai Bashari.

"It is a terrible incident," said Bashari, who said police were trying to find out more details about the strike and who is responsible.

The mosque was bloodied and its roof was shattered, eyewitness Mujib Rahman said, but there were different early accounts on how the strike was carried out.

Gen. Daoud Daoud, commander of the Afghan Interior Ministry's northern zone, said a suicide attacker apparently sitting next to the governor detonated a bomb.

Faiz Mohammad Powhidi, a Takhar governor spokesman, told CNN that a pre-placed mine exploded. He explained that governor had been visiting his family and attending Friday prayers weekly in his native province of Takhar, which borders Kunduz.

Engineer Omar, who was a Pashtun, had survived several assassination attempts by the Taliban, and his brother was slain a few months ago.

He told CNN on Sunday said that for the last two years, the security situation has deteriorated in Kunduz because insurgents decided to destabilize northern Afghanistan, which, until recently, had been relatively stable during the nine-year-old Afghan conflict.

The Takhar blast and the Thursday killing of a German soldier in the north illustrates a growing unrest that contrasts with the first years after the Taliban's collapse in 2001. In those days, the north was much more secure than the predominantly ethnic Pashtun south and east of the country.

Omar told CNN that the insurgents were trying to use Kunduz as a launchpad to destabilize northern Afghanistan and the wider Central Asian region and lamented the lack of police available to battle insurgents.

"Currently 40 percent of Kunduz province under Taliban control," Mohammad Omar said on Sunday.

Other violence rippled across the country on Friday.

A coalition soldier was killed in an insurgent attack in southern Afghanistan and NATO-led forces killed five armed men in eastern Afghanistan's Khost province. The command is investigating allegations of civilian casualties in the latter incident, NATO's International Security Assistance Force said.

Post by:
Filed under: Taliban
  1. USMC Forever

See, these animals will even kill at and in their holy sites, which means THEIR RELIGION MEANS NOTHING, NOTHING IS SACRED!!!! iT IS NOTHING MORE THAN A PROP. This is the true Taliban, using their BS religion to kill when they do not have any respect for human life or their worthless and weak GOD, allah. Muslims should be ashamed that these pigs hijacked their religion and is now pooping all over it. Good Job Muslims!!!!!!!

October 12, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. neflight

Larry kegel (us army) Thank you for the above news comment.( Israel....pm offers)

October 12, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. neflight

Dan Lafayette IN....good question🙂

October 12, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. neflight

Dan Lafayatte....they died on 9/11 in those two buildings and in pentagon too. no one can forget it. yet they do not face a second death. But these evil spirits who was inside those men who flew the planes facing a second death in hell (burning forever . ) why you want to be like them? Brother ...we dont have to fall into their group. we too have same kind of people in my country who are worshiping devil. lots of problems to Christians. yet I focus on my lord and pray. If we are really strong in faith no body can win against us. Do not take revenge. It does not belong to us as the followers of God. But God will take care of them . 3 of my enemies died in a single night when I just prayed . Did not fly a jet in to their houses. I am proud of you because you stand up against the injustice. yet ..believe me brother when God punish it is the end of millions peoples..not thousands. May God be with you..and guide you always!!

October 12, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. LarryKegel(US Army)

Israeli PM offers conditional settlements freeze
    WRCB Chattanooga Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:29 AM PDT
    Israel's prime minister on Monday offered to extend a moratorium on Jewish settlement construction in the West Bank, but only if the Palestinians meet his demand to recognize Israel as a Jewish state.

October 12, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  6. PeaceMonger

It is a war no one is ever going to win. Eventually taliban has to be brought in. US troops should come back and take rest. Peace at any cost should be preserved.

October 11, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

Interesting, define "Peace at any cost" the taliban don't know the meaning of peace.

October 11, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Beautifully put,PeaceMonger. I just wish that all these right-wing idiots would just wise up!

October 11, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette,IN

I totally agree with you and PeaceMonger. I too wish that all these right-wing fools would either wise up or shut up!!!

October 11, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

How about ten jets into ten nuclear power plants?

October 11, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
      • spacewalker

Man ..you are incredible !!! do not make them frighten !! they will not able to sleep from now on.) Dan Lafayette in

October 12, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dindy Sri lanka

If ChipH has written truth . Thank God !! Truth make people free from bondage.

October 11, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. ChipH

I was in-country in 2006 and it was raw greed wild west real estate and arms deals, the Green Zone was a joke, there are only 25,000 Taliban and that's the CIA's own estimate, we have spent $300 B and another $155 B this year and again in 2011, that's $6,500,000 per Taliban PER YEAR, enough to put every Afghan kid through Harvard Medical School, and with 230,000 US troops and mercenary contractors, we can't take out 25,000 Taliban in TEN YEARS? They don't WANT this war over, Karzai's Mob have taken over the country, every resource, ever land deal, a media monopoly, everything controlled by Karzai's as they mruder 100s of tribal chiefs who oppose the central Kabul dictatorship by the Popalzai Tribe. This is PURE war profiteering, you could SMELL it in the air there.
    'Scribd.com/doc/33086321/' The whole story, beginning to end, from insider reporting.

October 11, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  9. dindy Sri lanka

prayers always !!!

October 10, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dindy Sri lanka

Dan Larry.....i GOT IT. And it is happening now(1000 years in reign)

October 10, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dindy Sri lanka

DAN LARRY... good answer..(people ..who....fear God...)

October 10, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. salman rushdie

sacrilegious? Get over it and grow a set

October 10, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dindy Sri lanka

did not post at 4.39 pm October 8th.

October 10, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dindy Sri lanka

hey...somebody..do not post under my ID this is me dindy

October 10, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Patel

Way to go dindy, you tell em!

October 10, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. dindy Sri lanka

MCMURDO PROUD.....do not judge others because you will be judged the same way one day

October 10, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  17. dindy Sri lanka

Everyone here..please stop fighting... pray for the less fortunate. so many out there suffering . Guys...end is near. floods like Nova"s time. So many earth quakes , then fire burn out massive areas,(like what happened in Gamora and Sadom )
    Didn"t Jesus tell what will happen in Israel. It happens. The JESUS come with the people whom he has taken up. Then he comes again and raise the dead. while he was on earth Jesus did so many miracles like his Father. Jesus is same today and forever. He continues to raise the dead again. we have heard what is written in the scroll. It is going to happen. Please pray for Israel as Jesus has asked it to do.when we fight ..we forget what is most important . After lord"s first visit it is going to be really dangerous for seven years (Revelation). Then the second visit and the people who feared lord while living on earth will be raised from dead. (Even the shattered Bones are going to get flesh and come to life) As the signs are there to be seen, lord"s return is near.we must repent and draw near to lord. Read what he has written to seven Churches. Read Timothy, Luke, Mathew,and Ezekiel too.

October 10, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • dindy Sri lanka

If i have preached injustice my God will look into that matter. if i am not saying truth My god will make me repent. we leave it in his hands and lets see. As you know God is powerful than any human made weapons. Any language we speak. our most high intelligence too is very stupid (forgive me) front of the Almighty.

October 10, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

Hey Yakki are you whacked out of your gourd or what?

October 11, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  18. dindy Sri lanka

Larry kegal(us army) I am sorry if you felt like that I am yelling. I just wanted people to get notice what i am saying. But I will not type again if it bothers you .

October 10, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

Take no notice he is just pulling your leg. 'Typing in caps' is agreed to be the equivalent of shouting.

October 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  19. The Prophet Mohammed

"I DID NOT POST ANY COMMENT AT 4.39PM OCTOBER 8 AND THIS IS ME DIDNDY"
    Of course you didn't post them, you were busy planting IEDs.

October 10, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Dan in Lafayette, IN

But Jesus is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

October 10, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • dindy Sri lanka

Dan in Lafayette.... I have read in the Bible Jesus sat on the right side of his father in heaven after ascension.

October 10, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Sorry dindy Jesus says there will be a new heaven and a new earth, He also will descend with a new Jerusalem in the beginning of His 1000 year reign.

October 10, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

I can't make sense of anything you say and your question makes no sense either, but I will say again without faith in the trinity you will never be one of God's children!

October 10, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Dan in Lafayette, IN

I am not talking about me personally, I am talking about the person looking into his inner soul!

October 10, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Dan in Lafayette,IN

@The Prophet Mohammed. Although I didn't post the above,I still wish that you'd stop blogging under the Prophet Mohammed's name. That is sacrilgeous,especially to the Muslims and that's not right.

October 10, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Dan in Lafayette, IN

If your values are love for mankind and love thy neighbor as thyself I totally agree, but if it it is for possessions then you idolize materialism and do not put God's will first in your life. If I were you I would look into my inner soul and see what is most important, Love for all mankind or love just for those who are like me who have the same beliefs as I do!

October 10, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

What are You saying that You believe in GOD???

October 10, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette,IN

I don't know about the bozo who keeps usurping my name,but I believe in God and I know that He hates what we're doing over there as anybody with any moral principles would. We simply have no right to be there!

October 10, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

Dan,I totally agree with you. Thank you for your imput.

October 10, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
      • Onesmallvoice

Are you two working as a double act? if you are your none too good. Which one is the ventriloquist and which one is the dummy?

October 10, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dan in Lafayette, IN

Your nothing but a jokester Mohammed and you know nothing about me so stop with your idiotic remarks it has no place here!

October 10, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  25. maina

its all about our values which we cherish...and we will never give them up..despite all conspiracies...its all abt esrael injustice..which we will never accept....i will love to open another talib shop in my city.to protect my life,land ...against invaders.

October 10, 2010 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

For one thing learn how to spell!!! Another thing Israel is not the problem there... They are the solution there... Who else do You think is keeping the Muslin from killing each other???

October 10, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  26. The Prophet Mohammed

To mcmurdo proud military fiance: Yeah most of us have read the Bible, Godspeed to your Soldier's safe return.

October 10, 2010 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
  27. toad

LOL, the devil must be laughing his a$$ off at these satanic imbeciles.

October 9, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

What makes You think They aren't the Devil???

October 10, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  28. mcmurdo proud military fiance

wow praise god , way to go dan in lafayette that is so correct you hit the nail on the head that is the truth yes , good job , yes and jesus was betrayed by judas and then judas went and hung him self on a tree ,

October 9, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Christian, NJ

The Afghan people need to grow a pair and rise up against this insurgency just like we rose up against the British. They have the backing of the most advanced and well trained military in the world and they should take advantage of it. And just curious, but where is the public outcry in the Stan when the Taliban blows up a civilian target, especially a mosque with civies inside? The people of Afghanistan are tough as nails, no doubt about it, but until they can unite against the Taliban we will not win. Now about Pakistan...

October 9, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

The Jews did that to make Israel!!! The World is still against them... So what good does it do to stand up against Your Enemies???

October 10, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette,IN

Christian,although the Afghans don't love the Taliban and the sharia,they hate NATO far worse as they know that the NATO forces are there to exploit their natural resources.

October 10, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Use your own name and NATO is there to help the Afghan people to be free of the Taliban and their terrorist allies!

October 10, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Dan in Lafayette, IN

The only warmongers are the Taliban and their terrorist allies who blow up places of worship while people are praying! And most likely praying that these killers would give up in their sinful ways of enslaving peoples lives! And I do wish you would use your own name or are you afraid of something?

October 9, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

This is what happens when you try dealing with the Right Wings of the World!!! Here in the US at least We can vote to make sure They don't get into office... The Muslin don't have that choice!!!

October 10, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette,IN

And I'm getting sick and tired of this bozo above who keeps on spewing his right-wing drivel under my name! Once and for all,I'm Dan and I hate this obscene war!

October 10, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

I agree Proph, i can detect at least three different writing styles there, it's all a bit bizarre.

October 11, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Dan in Lafayette,IN

I wish that this right-wing freak would only quit using my name as well as that of the prophet Mohammed to post his right-wing mumbo-jumbo on this page. In fact,I wish that all these right-wing,warmongering fools would just shut up!!!

October 9, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

Maleen: You got that right!!!

October 10, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

That is why I changed my name on here!!! Hopefully now They will know the difference...

October 10, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |

Well put,Dan. Thank you.

October 10, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  32. LarryKegel(US Army)

My Father is Dead... He has two sons... I don't Think He is a Ghost!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • BUBBA--ALABAMA STYLE!!!

And here is the other sicko...

October 9, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • marlene stjohn

washington needs to come down hard on the mercenary traitors in afcan who work for us. They care about the almighty dollar and now that we have proof of their complicate we can charge them with treason or terrores act. Mr peresident it is time to stop apeasing the republicans and do a tap dance on their head no body wants to go back to the bush years,I sure know I don,t

October 9, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |

Good posting,marlene.Thank you

October 10, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  33. LarryKegel(US Army)

QUIT YELLING!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  34. LarryKegel(US Army)

YOUR NOT ONLY YELLING BUT YOUR REPEATING YOURSELF!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • mcmurdo proud military fiance

hey larrykegel(USARMY) maybe he has dementia as it is one of the symptoms,

October 9, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  35. LarryKegel(US Army)

AS LONG AS YOU YELL I WILL NOT READ WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  36. LarryKegel(US Army)

Now either your are crazy are just a lire!!! Because most of the time He doesn't make sense...

October 9, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  37. LarryKegel(US Army)

I can believe it... Because I had to change Mine so that People would know I wasn't posting under My old name!!! He is still using it though...

October 9, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

dandySri lanka: I WOULD RATHER YOU NOT TALK AT ALL>>> BECAUSE ALL YOU DO IS YELL!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  38. LarryKegel(US Army)

How is that any different than the Tarriest telling Their People what They do to kill Themselves???

October 9, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  39. LarryKegel(US Army)

Is that why They put Jesus on the cross???

October 9, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  40. LarryKegel(US Army)

How do You know what Jesus Did??? I doubt if Jesus would do what most the Catholics have done in Their life time!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  41. LarryKegel(US Army)

Your 360 and 180 degree doesn't make Your statement right!!! Please talk like us regular People... You are giving Me a headache!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

Prophet Mohammed: Amen To That!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  42. dindy Sri lanka

Dan in LAFAYETTE ......you are correct.

October 9, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |

No He Is A Idoit!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  43. The Prophet Mohammed

and Holy smoke or so I'm told, sounds like you already know that though.

October 9, 2010 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  44. The Prophet Mohammed

Dan, Pushing your religeon on us is starting to wear thin, it's bad enough you are going door to door every saturday morning selling the watchtower but now on the internet, C'mon, don't you have anything better to do?

October 9, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  45. Dan in Lafayette, IN

And Jesus taught this to the people, about being reborn in Jesus Christ!

October 9, 2010 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |
  46. dindy Sri lanka

IF THIS IS THE WAY TALIBAN RESPOND TO PEACE TALK ........AFGHAN GOVERNMENT HAS TO TAKE MORE ACTION TO PROTECT INNOCENT CIVILIANS. OTHER WISE TALIBAN MUST PROPOSE SOME AGREEABLE THING WHICH THE CIVILIAN CAN ACCEPT PEACEFULLY.. EVERY ONE OUT SIDE KNOWS THE RULING OF TALIBAN HAS MADE MANY SUFFER INCLUDING WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN AFGHANISTAN.

October 9, 2010 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

YOU DON"T HAVE TO YELL TO GET YOUR POINT OUT!!! Take your finger off the CAPS LOCK already!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  47. dindy Sri lanka

I DID NOT POST ANY COMMENT AT 4.39PM OCTOBER 8 AND THIS IS ME DIDNDY

October 8, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  48. The Prophet Mohammed

What?! You must be retarded.

October 8, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Gary Johndro

This is terrible about the governor being killed.This shouldn't have happened and now I feel like crying myself to sleep!

October 8, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Go and suck your thumb.

October 9, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Dan in Lafayette,IN

Hey you above,will you quit posting under name of the Prophet Mohammed? Posting you right-mumbo-jumbo under his name is quite sacrilegious,especially for the Muslims.

October 8, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Prophet Mohammed

eat sht

October 8, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette,IN

That's exactly what I expected from you Phunnie boy,with your obvious limitations. Thank you for being yourself!!!

October 8, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Prophet Mohammed

your welcome😉

October 8, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

Dan, I would never post those two comments, although I do agree with them. A comment from me would have been more like, "Hi, I'm from Lafayette and I'm on these blogs to meet guys. Besides being a Taliban supporter I am also trying to come out of the closet, stop by and see me sometime at the Blue Oyster, ask for Dan." Salaam.

October 9, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

I did not post any of these comments down here but as I said above to those that are lying and using my name for their own enjoyment they too are sinning and as God had said when you sin at one thing you sin all sins! So I would think twice before I lie and make myself out to be someone else!

October 9, 2010 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

Dan says: "I did not post any of these comments down here". Dan I just want you to know I believe you, it was your alter ego "Daneille".

October 9, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  51. Dan in Lafayette, IN

Your headed for the most painful death and it will continue throughout eternity! Mark my words!!!

October 8, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  52. CS KOHLI

TERRORISM EXPORT INDUSTRY

1. Back Ground: Export of terrorism is a well established industry in Pakistan. Any terrorism event in any part of the world has links in Pakistan whether direct participation or providing training. This industry takes care of foreign exchange needs of the country. Foreign ministers of leading powers bring billions of Dollars on platter to appease those in different centres of the power in the country. The major amount of free foreign exchange gets pocketed by the Military and elite politicians. The balance for buying arms for Taliban to fight western troops and cash to Taliban. Very little of the aid money goes for poverty alleviation or development. Seeds of this industry were sown by General Zia ul Haque when radicalisation of the Army started. Over 10,000 madarsa are basic feeder to the industry. It is in public knowledge that 500,000 young boys graduate out of these Madrasas every year who are fully indoctrinated. All of them are not able to get gainful employment. Economic compulsions force them to join over 40 known terrorist training camps another 10 not known to the world. These training centres train about 10,000 suicide bombers every year. The Pakistan army considers this to be their strategic asset. This has been admitted on media over the years. Kashmir can absorb limited number of terrorists. The balance go and join the Taliban, Sudan and all other hot spots in the world. Western powers have been in knowledge of these camps for many years. They were sitting like a pigeon with closed eyes that this cat is showing eyes only to India and they are safe. Unfortunately,their assumption was wrong. Today, western power in the world are worried that it is hard to defeat these forces. Pakistan's intelligence services (ISI) is actively involved in funding and providing weapons and cash to Taliban. They do take small collateral damages by sending suicide bombers in their own country to convince the western powers that they are equal victims of terrorism. They have been acting as "Double Agents" since the days of Gen Musharraf and continue to do so. Very few people in the world would know that Pakistan Army has its own bank and many industries like sugar industry to fund clandestine activities. They are very much part of the narcotics trade and the money goes to fund illegal arms. They are part of the nuclear proliferation. Nuclear scientist Abdul Kadeer is just a whipping boy. He was never allowed to be interviewed by US intelligence. All nuclear exports were done to tide over foreign exchange financial crises and fund terrorism. There is no ambiguity about who holds the power in Pakistan . It is ISI as a separate autonomous power centre and Pakistan Army who hold the real power. The civilian government and judiciary are just a fig leaf of power centres. Let us assume for a moment that peace prevails in AF – PAK Border. All terrorist training camps are closed down. In that eventuality, ISI and Pakistan Army would become irrelevant. Billions of dollar of cash aid would stop. Therefore, it is an open secret that ISI and Pak Army for their survival would like this scenario to continue. Western world has to live with this scenario. They best effort can be to contain this menace.

2. Options available: Western world has to keep getting Pakistan cooperation with carrots in hand for them. All aid must be in terms of goods rqeuired by them and not free foreign exchange. Free foreign exchange goes to ISI who pays these Dollars to Taliban to kill NATO forces. Therefore, free foreign exchange to Pakistan goes to decimate its own effort in AF-PAK region. Along side Pakistan has to be conforted with proofs of ISI involvement in supporting Taliban . All terrorist camps whether directed against India or any other nation must be closed down. It is not difficult to identify these camps through satelites or other means. There has to be zero tolerance to narcotics trade in AF-PAK. All poppy crop must destroyed though areal spray. Intelligence system must be strengthened to know about clandestine narcotics laboratories whether in Afghanistan or Pakistan. Similar approach has to be for clandestine arms bazaars, There has to be zero tolerance for the illegal arms trade. They must be destroyed using predators. The sources of arms supply have to identified. High seas and ports have to be closely monitored to prevent any modern weaponry or ammunition reaching the conflict zone. Also watchful eye on remittance channels is required. Alternative, channels for logistics support to troops must be gradually built to reduce dependence any one country.

3. Socio Economic considerations: Western countries must draw up a plan to make Afghanistan an economically independent and strong country. UNICEF be asked to open schools in the areas which have been sanitised by NATO troops. Indonesia, Malaysia, India could be asked to open primary and secondary schools under UNICEF program. Participating countries be asked to bear 50% of expenditures. Western nations could built Agriculture university, Technology University and a Medical university. Students from all over the world should be encouraged to attend these first class learning centres Afghanistan should be made a centre for advance learning in Asia. This will go a long way in building a moderate progressive Afghanistan. Similarly, under UN arrangements primary health centres and hospitals be opened, These efforts would go a long way in winning hearts of locals. Agriculture Extension centres be opened to encourage modern farming, Poultry, Meat production and Fisheries. Western Nations should offer subsidy to agriculture produces so that poverty alleviation starts from grass roots. It would be a better idea to have UN sponsered welfare measure to make strong Afghanistan that is like Turkey in the year 2050. Welfare measure would give greater results than the weapons. Unfortunately, it would not be easy to undertake these welfare measures beacuse of powers of terrorism exporting would get decimated who will always oppose social measures.

CS KOHLI

2. Options available: Western world has to keep getting Pakistan cooperation with carrots in hand for them. All aid must be terms of goods rqeuired by them and not free foreign exchange. Along side they must be conforted with proofs of ISI involvement in supporting Taliban . All terrorist camps whether directed against India or any other nation must be closed down. It is not difficult to identify these camps through sate-lites or other means. There has to be zero tolerance to narcotics trade in AF-PAK. All poppy crop must destroyed though areal spray. Intelligence system must be strengthened to know about clandestine narcotics laboratories whether in Afghanistan or Pakistan. Similar approach has to be for clandestine arms bazaars, There has to be zero tolerance for the illegal arms trade. They must be destroyed using predators. The sources have to identified. High seas and ports have to be closely monitored to prevent any modern weaponry or ammunition reaching the conflict zone. Also watchful eye on remittance channels is required. Alternative, channels for logistics support to troops must be gradually built to reduce dependence any one country.

3. Socio Economic considerations: Western countries must draw up a plan to make Afghanistan an economically independent and strong country. UNICEF be asked to open schools in the areas which have been sanitised by NATO troops. Indonesia, Malaysia, India could be asked to open primary and secondary schools under UNICEF program. Participating countries be asked to bear 50% of expenditures. Western nations could built Agriculture university, Technology University and a Medical university. Students from all over the world should be encouraged to attend these first class learning centres Afghanistan should be made a centre for advance learning in Asia. This will go a long way in building a moderate progressive Afghanistan. Similarly, under UN arrangements primary health centres and hospitals be opened, These efforts would go a long way in winning hearts of locals. Agriculture Extension centres be opened to encourage modern farming, Poultry, Meat production and Fisheries. Western Nations should offer subsidy to agriculture produces so that poverty alleviation starts from grass roots. It would be a better idea to have UN sponsered welfare measure to make strong Afghanistan that is like Turkey in the year 2050. Welfare measure would give greater results than the weapons. Unfortunately, it would not be easy to undertake these welfare measures beacuse of powers of terrorism exporting would get decimated.

October 8, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • dindy Sri lanka

CS KOHLI WELL WRITTEN. hope the superiors will take notice.

October 9, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  53. Dan in Lafayette, IN

Your 360 degrees cult will burn in hell!

October 8, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Dan in Lafayette, IN

And it was reported!

October 8, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Prophet Mohammed

Thanks for the update snitchatron.

October 9, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  55. RSAT4

Its very funny how cnn reports. As mush as I dont condown the blast but why 6 Afgan poeple killed by US air strikes are not reported where as it happened the same time.

October 8, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

It was five and they were insurgents in enemy occupied territory!

October 8, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette,IN

Good post,RSAT4. By the way,I didn't post the above. Some right-wing fool is trying to discredit me!

October 8, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Like I said above, liars go to hell also! God says when you sin one time it is like you sin every sin!

October 9, 2010 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

Dan, Yokobi and you should take your lover's spat elsewhere. This forum is for serious topics and jokes only, you two are getting way too personal with your on again, off again relationship.

October 10, 2010 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

Dan the Paki in Lafayette, there must be some strange looking creatures in your version of heaven.

October 10, 2010 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

Dan, for a Jesus freak you sure as hell don't know the Bible, the only sin that is not forgivable is denial of the Holy Ghost.

October 10, 2010 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Sorry Mohammed the only unforgivable sin is one that sins against God! Like killing in his name or for his sake!

October 10, 2010 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

Dan, Really, then why are there millions (or more) killed in God's name, whether it's God, Allah or whatever? I presume they are all sinners of course. Got another dumb question for you, why is it "God Fearing" when God is suppossed to be kind and just?

October 10, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Those like the crusaders and now Islamic radicals to force their God upon others! Faith cannot be forced into ones life it is something that has to come by choice, hence God's freedom of will! As for fear of God, if we do not fear Him for our actions then we have people like the terrorists who believe that they are doing God a favor by killing people who do not have the same beliefs! If they had the fear of God in them they would not be killing innocent people!

October 10, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

@ Dan, (Reference to God Fearing), that was the best answer I have ever heard for that question.

October 10, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • dindy Sri lanka

IT WAS REPORTED BY CNN RSAT4

October 8, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |

WHY ARE YOU YELLING???

October 9, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

It is People not Poeple!!! Learn now to spell before you try to talk with us Adults...

It just shows that We are winning the war against Them!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

There's adults on here? I'm gonna have to start watching my language then. Use smaller words.

October 10, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Night Wings

The Taliban supporters will always say that we're the bad guys. Yet, they kill anyone that does fall into their grips. Their cowards at best. And, we're kickin their' butts and now they want to talk? give us bin laden or buy you're tickets to Allah...

October 8, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • potomacscott

I totally agree.Give us the head of Bin Laden,then we may talk and take you serious.

October 8, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

To the Prophet Mohammed,Jesus is first in my life then comes my family followed by the rest of the people who fear God and love Jesus!

October 10, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

Either Bin Laden is dead are living in Texas with the Bush's!!! They are running out of places to hide... They are losing ground in both Afghanistan and Pakistan!!! Why do You think They want to talk PEACE???

October 9, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  57. dindy Sri lanka

when the Afghan president want peace talk ,here they reply to him so loudly. It was same with LTTE in our country those days. when government invite for peace talks they blast something with people. Taliban dont want anything but their old ways of ruling the country. This incident proves it. Afghan military must take care of this problem if they need to see a better Afghanistan. US cant be there forever..ACTUALLY civilized world cant understand why anyone attack when people are worshiping . this is sick mentality.

October 8, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

Why do You think We are training Their Troops and Police!!! By the end of next year We should be able to do with them... Like We did with Iraq!!! The problem is You Idiots want things done when You want them done... Not when it is realistic to be done!!!

October 9, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  58. Dan in Lafayette, IN

These insurgents do not care for their religion and the people of Islam must all begin to carry m16's and go out on patrols and kill these devilish people if they want to win their freedom!

October 8, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette,IN

Maybe this governor Mohammed Omar should have thought twice about collaborating with the NATO Occupation Forces and this might possibly not have happened. By the way,would you mind not usurping my name???

October 8, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Liars also go to hell! God says if they sin one sin it is like sinning all sins! So I would think twice about using other peoples names!

October 9, 2010 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

What commandment is that one, the ten commandments according to Dan?

October 9, 2010 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
      • LarryKegel(US Army)

GOD said (Thou Shall Not Kill...) But even GOD knows you have to protect Yourself from being killed!!!

October 9, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

Larry, I quite agree, the actual translation was "Thou shalt not Murder", there is a difference as you point out, everyone has the right to defend themselves.

October 9, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

Dan, maybe you should go back to Pakistan where you can cheer on your Taliban boyfriends.

October 9, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

I don't see where you got the idea that I see the Taliban as friends, they are the worse bunch of animals that would kill their own family members if they did not follow their insane sixth century sharia laws!

October 9, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Thou shall put no Gods before me! Which includes anyone from 360 degrees!

October 10, 2010 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

To the Prophet Mohammed, if you were so intelligent you would know which comment came from me rather than the idiot who likes to poke fun about all our debating!

October 10, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

Dan, Honestly, I can see that someone is using your name but for a while I was beginning to wonder if you were actually losing your mind.

October 10, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

It just shows that the Tarriest doesn't care who They kill are where... They don't even have any respect for Their own Mosques!!! Now Maybe the Afghanistan People will think twice about helping These Killers???

October 9, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette, IN

The Germans of your 360 degrees truth were planning and training to carry out attacks in Europe and deserve to be killed no matter where there standing or kneeling!

October 10, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
      • The Prophet Mohammed

Dan, quit screwing around, I'm talking about serious stuff here, they blew up my toilet!

October 10, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
      • dindy Sri lanka

Larry kegal...us army... very well written

October 10, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christian, NJ

October 9, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan in Lafayette,IN

You just don't get it,do you? The Afghan people are rising up against the NATO forces who are there to occupy them and exploit their resources by supporting the Taliban and that's all there is to it!

October 10, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |