October 6th, 2010

Airstrike kills Taliban leader in northwestern Afghanistan

An airstrike in northwestern Afghanistan killed a Taliban leader, NATO's International Security Assistance Force said on Wednesday.

Qari Ziauddin, the Taliban's shadow governor in Faryab province, was slain on Tuesday. He was "directly associated with and took direct operational orders from a Pakistan-based leader of the northern front," according to ISAF.

When coalition forces went to the site of the strike in Faryab province, armed people threatened them, authorities said.

"The security force engaged and killed four insurgents and confirmed Qari Ziauddin was killed during the airstrike," ISAF said.

1. hoosha shoosha

If I said "In Thor we trust" people would laugh...but just a few wee yeays ago, that was all the rage. And so this religious craziness too will pass, and people can go believe in the next "holy craze". Enjoy!

October 29, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Save the USA

Tremendous! Hug a service man or woman today that allows us to sleep safely in our own beds and wake up in time to write hate speech against our military. Try that in most other countries like any Arab lead nation. At the very least you will be flogged, or potentially killed for your comments. The USA is not perfect but we police ourselves and all hold out for the best.

October 25, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. those,taliban,got,pwnd

October 23, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ybs

There is nothing humble about god/religions.

Fakk your god/religion and all the fear mongering! Shove them up yours & STFU!

October 23, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • ybs

Correction... There is nothing humble or innocuous about god/religions.

CNN, there is a bug – my previous reply got tagged to the wrong post!

October 23, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  5. mask2697

This isn't a big deal, there are always more taliban leaders sadly (we killed about 20 already and thats a low guess)

October 20, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. shove it up the Taliban!

Nice, very nice! Let's not forget about 9/11.

I'm a Reaganite (twice) who voted for Obama & I'm not black – not that it matters, as Seinfeld put it.

When all is said & done, Obama & Petraeus will clobber the Taliban. Just watch!

October 14, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ybs

Correction... There is nothing humble or innocuous about god/religions.

October 23, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. joe

and how many 'leaders' are there to be killed?.. millions said the military contractor.. with a smile..

October 11, 2010 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. John Brooks ( US Marines)

Our purpose in Afghanistan is to prevent the success of aggression. It is not conquest, it is not empire, it is not foreign bases, it is not domination. It is, simply put, just to prevent the forceful conquest of the Taliban. If airstrikes work then use them. If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.

October 10, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bailoutsos

While America is fighting an unwinable war, China has been financing our obsession while buying up rights to natural resources around the world. Is America ready to battle China for natural resources?

October 10, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Scott2010

"doop doop doop, another one bites the dust!"

October 9, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Scootr

This war is as bad if not worse than Vietnam. It took this country a long time to heal after that mess. I know , I am the son of a Buff pilot. Americans, let us have concern and conviction and get the hell out of Afghanistan as soon as is the Job is Done!

October 9, 2010 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  12. lolatyouguys

this whole board is like reading something from a LAN party at a trailer park.

October 8, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Forreal

keep it up

October 8, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. collin

another one bites the dust

October 8, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Atheist70

SICK OF ALL RELIGIONS. That being said, I firmly believe there will never be peace between Muslims and ANY (or no) religions (there can't be according to the Quran....it's Mohammad's way or no way). This is not a religion of peace. It's goal is to spread itself through the world imposing Sharia (not a pleasant form of law) law along the way. Muslims immigrating to the West (Europe or America)...please don't expect us to adapt / conform our societies to your thoroughly backwards and out of date philosophy/religion (applauding the Burqua ban in France). Until a major reformation takes place Islam and Muslims will NEVER be taken seriously in any matter in the Western World. "Moderate Muslims"....it IS your duty to help expose / deter / stop extremists. Whether you like it or not the old saying "One apple spoils the bunch" does apply....doesn't matter if you think it's wrong...you're fighting Western perception and it's YOUR job to change that perception not ours.

October 8, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  16. TonyK

As Geraldo used to say on Fox, "Show me the Mullah" (I guess George Bush never did).

October 8, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Big Dogs 81's

I'm starting to think a lot of people don't have jobs cause its no way your at work making all these posts LOL. Former Marine here and I'm happy to hear another thug bites the dust. I have no problems with any religion a even have an ongoing relationship with many people that I meet while traveling through Egypt, Israel, and India. I love people all faiths and ethnic backgrounds but can find punks and thugs among them all which includes my own race and those are the people that I look to eliminate from humanity.

October 8, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Athiest

Dude, the head librarian is coming. You'd better logoff.

October 8, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mcmurdo proud military fiance

I am really getting a good laugh out of all the comments that everyone is leaving on this blog so funny

October 7, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  20. USMC Forever

I never posted the above. Some filthy PIG is trying to make himself look funny and me look stupid!!!

October 7, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • USMC Forever

I didn't write that above. Obviously, it was by some pig who wants the Taliban to win.

October 7, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Old Sarge

Dan in Lafayette,IN-you are the idiot-do you really think that peace can be achieved in our life time-you are a bleeding heart liberal that has never fought for anything in your life but you let everyone else do it for you so you can sit at your computer and whine about everything-get a life.

October 7, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • DannyG

HAHA Old Sarge! I think you nailed it!

October 7, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. berucem

how much money does it cost the U.S tax payers for the military to kill one person with a bomb? my guess, somewhere between 50 to a 100 grand. you always read about 4 insurgent killed in drone attack. just once id like read Taliban leader killed by 20cent bullet

October 7, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
    • USAFvet

How much is an American soldier's life worth? That 100k bomb/missle ensures US soldiers stay out of harms way. I will gladly pay my taxes to ensure the safety of our troops.

October 7, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
      • mcmurdo proud military fiance

I so agree with you USAFVET and I am a canadian and I agree , life is so short and you should NOT put a price on it at all , all you need to do is go spend some time in a pallative ward and it will shake you all up and help you to be aware of things that are very important all around you, and our troops both canadian and american they are doing a good thing so go guys go and that inclundes my fiance richard who is over there so ,

October 7, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  23. duu

It always amazes me to see what politics has done to our nation. Right-wing/Left-wing..blah, blah, blah- I think anyone who proudly associates themselves with either side of the isle is a virtual sheep. I cannot distinguish significant differences between the incompetence displayed by either side- Its like lemon flavored poo vs. orange flavored poo...at the end of the day its all the same- What needs slain is the two giants roaming Washington feeding on leadership, character, individual thought, morality and all other things that make up a good representative of our nation...the giant's names are "democratic party" and "republican party" P.s. along the way, killing those who killed us, stone their own and who represent the worst of life, is just fine by me

October 7, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  24. dindy Sri lanka

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY MEN WANT TO BE LIKE GOATS

October 7, 2010 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  25. Qari Ziauddin

durka durka ...ouch

October 6, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Dan

Neutron bomb would kill so many more!

October 6, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary Johndro

I want everybody to know that Ernie Beatty posted the above under Dan's name,not me!

October 6, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
      • Daniel-2

No it wasn't it was me i just misspelled my own name

October 7, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Chris Paddock

Every day I read that another "Taliban Leader" has been killed, where are the Taliban soldiers? Or are there only "Leaders"?

October 6, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

What? I gather you do not like Hindus and perhaps gentiles?

October 6, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Prohet Mohammed

Apparently he likes sticking wands up his Butt though.

October 6, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • dindy Sri lanka

TALIBAN SOLDIERS......THEY CALL THEM INSURGENTS HERE.

October 7, 2010 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

use online translators much?

October 8, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eliminate Taliban Slime

Put down the crack pipe, will ya?

October 10, 2010 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
  28. Old Sarge

If you don't like death-don't read the damn article-kill them all Brothers.

October 6, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette,IN

Another warmongering right-wing idiot who just can't get enough of that needless bloodshed!

October 6, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
      • bigfoot

what do you want to do, give them milk and cookies?

October 6, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
      • USAFvet

Dan,

It must be surreal in your little world where everyone can just get along. I'd love to visit. As soon as we kill the last of the insurgency.

October 7, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
      • MdWstMn

needless bloodshed, huh? tell that to the families of those who died in the 09/11 attack.

October 7, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
      • kid-n-class

i'll second that MdWstMn. and yes im in class lol

October 12, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  29. JDC

Jeez can we just have peace already. I am getting sick of so many deaths.

October 6, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette,IN

I feel the same way you do,JDC. Thank you.

October 6, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
      • Daniel-2

I can't get enough of it.

October 6, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
      • Daniel-2

Why can't you,Johndro? Are you really another right-wing nutjob or are just trying to be as comical as usual? I guess that you're both.

October 6, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • Daniel-2

Why have they stopped using 500lb bombs the 250lb ones are ok but will the do the job???

October 6, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
      • Daniel-2

I'm afraid they will to my chagrin Johndro,but I guess that makes you deliriously happy.

October 6, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
      • USNNOLE

I agree Dan, We should pull out ASAP as long as they promise to only attack us again in Lafayette, Indiana.

October 6, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • bigfoot

You cound like Rodney King (old enough to remember him?) Can't we all just get along...blablablabla

October 6, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
      • JDC

cound is not even a word brotha man!

October 6, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Riza Afghan

Very Very nice shooting guys.
    Keep it up and Taliban really got hell the F00ked up.

Just few of them left, keep shooting and kill those b@stards.

October 6, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Quintillian

Whatever. Nice shooting guys.

October 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette,IN

I kind of figured we'll be reading this right-wing bla-bla-bla sooner or later from these idiots.

October 6, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
      • SavetheUSA

Hey Danny,

Stick your Taliban loving BS where the sun don't shine.

October 6, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |