September 30th, 2010
10:55 AM ET

NATO: Suicide car bombing kills 2

A suicide car bomber targeting NATO-led troops in southern Afghanistan killed two civilians and wounded 12 others Thursday, NATO's International Security Assistance Force said.

ISAF said the insurgent was also killed in the attack, which took place in the Daman district of Kandahar province, outside Kandahar city.

The insurgent, driving a black sedan, targeted a patrol. Zalmal Ayoobi, the Kandahar provincial governor's spokesman, said all of the victims were civilians, and three were children.

The blast damaged buildings and left a "significant crater in the highway," ISAF said.

The Kandahar region has a strong militant presence and has long been the scene of many Taliban attacks and clashes between coalition and Afghan troops and insurgents.

ISAF also reported the deaths of two troops in attacks in southern Afghanistan Thursday.

Post by:
Filed under: Afghan security forces • Civilian deaths • Kandahar • NATO
soundoff (20 Responses)
  1. Old Sarge

    That is funny!

    October 6, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Old Sarge

    Now that is funny!

    October 6, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mark

    At least they didn't hurt or kill any more people for all their effort, thank God for that.

    October 6, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joseph Martinez (Ex-Marine)

    I had been saying for a long time, I have seen it during my Military deployment in that region and I say it again:
    "PAKISTAN'S WAHABI ARMY IS LINKED TO WAHABI TALIBAN SUPPORTED BY SAUDI"

    There is only one solution:
    "DESTROY ALL WAHABI SEMINARIES (MADRASAS/MOSQUES) IN NORTHWEST PAKISTAN"
    (Areas include Waziristan, Mansehra, Malakand, Swat, Akora Khattak)

    Some more Wahabi Terrorist camps in Urban Pakistan:
    1) RED MOSQUE (ISLAMABAD): 15,000 Terrorists
    2) JAMIA BINNORIA (KARACHI): 10,000 Terrorists
    3) JAMIA ASHRAFIA (LAHORE): 7,000 Terrorists
    4) JAMIA HAQQANIA (AKORA KHATTAK): 21,000 Terrorists
    5) JAMIA AHSAN-UL-ULOOM: 2,000 Terrorists
    Gushan-E-Iqbal, Block # 2,
    Karachi, Sindh 75300, Pakistan

    "DESTROY THESE MADRASAS"

    October 6, 2010 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. cliff

    Libs would have us believe these are "suicide" bombers when, IN FACT, they are HOMICIDE KILLERS!!!
    Besides, bring our guys home. These head-wrappin camel jockeys have been fighting amongst themselves for centuries and NOBODY is going to change that.

    October 5, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mr dude

    because of that the afganis just lost 2 IQ points in the war

    October 5, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bailoutsos

    Maybe the Republicans are right to keep America involved in war? There are no jobs in America for all those troops.

    October 4, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bailoutsos

    Maybe the Republicans are right to keep America at war? There are no jobs in America for all those troops.

    October 4, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. steve brown

    Pork chops are the answer to peace in Mideast

    October 4, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. LarryKegel(US Army)

    I don't think that We will ever be fighting a War again to Where We know Who Our Enemy is!!!

    October 4, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LarryKegel(US Army)

    Will You please quit with the degrees!!! It is giving me a headache already...

    October 4, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bailoutsos

    Israel $2.4 BILLION in aid Virtually all of this money is used to buy weapons (up to 75% made in the U.S.)(oh, which country(s) is getting the other 25% of American taxpayer money for weapons?) --- Sure wish I could get Walmart to give me MILLIONS to shop there.

    October 4, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. bailoutsos

    Israel $2.4 BILLION in aid Virtually all of this money is used to buy weapons (up to 75% made in the U.S.)(oh, which country(s) is getting the other 25% of American taxpayer money for weapons?) --- Sure wish Walmart gave me MILLIONS to shop there.

    October 4, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

      I would rather the Oil Company to do it!!!! I spend more money with them...

      October 4, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. MeMelvin

    For me the question has always been: If Islam is so wonderful, why has it NOT avoided the errors of other major philosophies...religious or political?

    Pointing to each other's past sins is stupid. What is the clear and present danger today in the 21st century! Islam!

    Not Buddhism, not Hinduism, not Judaism, not Catholicism, not Evangelism, not Witchcraft, not Atheism, not Communism, not Liberalism, not Conservativism, not Socialism...not even Satanism.

    When was the last time any of these groups sent out a suicide bomber into a market place full of women and children? No one, but barbarians does that.

    Time has arrived for the extinction of Islam. It is truly us or them.

    October 2, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • jd

      Well said. The non-Muslim world is with you.

      October 4, 2010 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
    • LarryKegel(US Army)

      It was started in Vietnam not the Middle East!!! War has changed after We fought the Korean War... Now You don't know Who Your Enemies are!!! Vietnam was even worse because They used Children to Kill Americans...

      October 4, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Chuck

    In this story you write about 2 troops killed on Thursday, whats the story on that, I have a son over there, we need that information more than anything.

    October 2, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • SailorInAfg

      Mr Chuck, with all due respect, our military will let any family know as soon as possible if their deployed family member is involved in anything. I pray for your son's safety. God bless.

      October 4, 2010 at 4:47 am | Report abuse |
  16. dindy Sri lanka

    how about this time. when insurgent kills innocent civilians all these Muslim are quiet . They make a big issue if US army or NATO do a mistake even.

    October 2, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |