September 23rd, 2010
  1. carolyn

This was truly a touching story. My youngest son is career military and is currently getting to retire as full bird colonel. I am so proud of him. He has been deployed five times to Iraq and when he came home in June 2008 from Iraq, he chose to finish out his time South Korea because to do otherwise would cause yet another deployment to Iraq. I have a wonderful daughter-in-law and two beautiful grandsons waiting eagerly in Fredericksburg, VA for Michael to return home to them.
    Always remember we as Americans must never ever forget the huge sacrifices made by so many of our military forces, often costing them their lives and/or families because they cannot adjust after the horrors of this needless war. I would truly like to know what has been accomplished in Iraq other than the loss of so many lives of Americans.

September 28, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Gibby68

I'm glad to see this article. I was beginning to wonder. I've known too many Soldiers that have come home to surprise their spouse only to be surprised, themselves. I'm happy to see spouses being true to their Soldier!!!

September 28, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sal Voce

If not checked and destroyed, the Taliban will be in your back yard in the near future. Is that what you want? I don't think so!

September 26, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Howard

> this man who is doing what most of us do not have the guts to do.

Does it take guts to murder and destroy other countries? Or does it just take a lack of ethical development?

September 25, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. steve

Man i am so happy for this guy. You Clowns need to take your political discussion to a diffrent board. Be happy and proud for this man who is doing what most of us do not have the guts to do.

September 25, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. SSG

Iftikhar-ur-Rehman
    Oh all the money we have loaned your country Pakistan to keep it from going bankrupt. We want it back since your ISI supports the Taliban (we shot one of your Generals last month in Ghazni while he was helping to install a newtype of IED) we see no reason to continue to fund our enemies. So please send us our 32 Billion Dollars with interest ASAP.

September 25, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. SSG

Iftikhar-ur-Rehman
    If the stop giving the Taliban and Al Qaeda protection we would stop accidently killing the women and children when we target the Al Qaeda and Taliban both Afghan and TTP. By the way your Army has killed more civilians in Pakistan than we have what do you think of that fact?

September 25, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jeff

America is the worlds bad boy. Seems to me America has always done what it believed to be either necessary, or correct to maintain a world of freedom, democracy, and the choices that go along with these. People or Countries that despise us for doing that are knee deep in corruption, lawlesness, human rights tramplers, or Countries who have used their might to try to steal others goods and chattels, or were imminent threats to democracy in America and around the world. Please give me an example of a conflict in which none of these parameters are present.

September 24, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  9. mindy1

Awwww

September 24, 2010 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. Fariborz

Congraduate

September 24, 2010 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |
  11. Truth

No bob.

360 means taliban islam including sharia law. Hindu to him means anyone who is not 360, even normal muslims.

He is here to scream his sickness over and over everyday until he dies because he cannot contain his suffering anymore as the demons of the sickness of 360 torment him day and night.

September 24, 2010 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  12. pierce

Yeah, the Taliban sucks.

But we are killing 100 middle easterners for every westerner killed.

This is a fact. So that makes us the biggest killer. The Taliban is just cruel on a small scale and we are a killer on a big scale.
    We are no better, we just have more weapons.

September 24, 2010 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
    • dandydonny

I guess you are speaking from personal experience, I don't feel like I am no better than them but if you say you are I will believe you.

September 24, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iftikhar-ur-Rehman

I agree with you 100% Pierce!!!

September 25, 2010 at 5:46 am | Report abuse |
      • Eric

Of course you agree with it, you wrote it and you are fooling nobody.

September 25, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • David

Indeed we are. The civilian cost of this effort is too high, and will come back to haunt us.

September 27, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. KMW

PFC Jordon Congrads on the new addition! Please be safe and Thank you to you and your family for the sacrifices to keep Americans safe! God Bless you and yours.

September 23, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. RSAT4

I am his fan and I turn to agrre to most of his opions.

September 23, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. rcooder

I can't watch videos at work but the first frame does appear. I am a grown man – 47 years old and still, just the one frame and knowing that this fine soldier is holding his newborn, it still put a lump in my throat.
    God bless our men and women in the military! I could not be more proud of them!

September 23, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason B.

You've got that 100% correct. I'm finding myself misty-eyed too. If watching that doesn't melt your heart a little, there's something wrong with you.

September 24, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |