September 14th, 2010

Suspected U.S. drones kill 13 in Pakistan

Two suspected U.S. drone strikes killed 13 alleged militants in Pakistan's tribal region Tuesday, intelligence officials said.

The first strike killed nine people. Two intelligence officials said three missiles were fired Tuesday morning on the suspected hideout of militants in the Shawal area of North Waziristan, one of seven districts in Pakistan's tribal region bordering Afghanistan.

The second strike killed four people in Pakistan's tribal region Tuesday evening, intelligence officials said.

Two missiles were fired on the vehicle of suspected militants in the area Qutab Khel of North Waziristan, one of seven districts in Pakistan's volatile tribal region bordering Afghanistan, two intelligence officials said.

The intelligence officials asked not to be named because they were not authorized to speak to the media.

On Sunday, a suspected U.S. drone strike killed five suspected militants, while last week, officials said suspected drone strikes killed another 29 suspected militants in the region.

While the United States is the only country in the region known to have the ability to launch missiles from drones - which are controlled remotely - U.S. officials normally do not comment on suspected drone strikes.

Post by:
Filed under: Drone strikes • Pakistan
  1. thefatmann

another trialless execution brought to you by the Obamanator!

America does not torchure, we KILL!!

September 18, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Brett Favre's fan (a.k.a. ybs)

Nice! Sock it to the Taliban & Al Qaeda, one-by-one, until Osama bin's head is served on a platter!

September 15, 2010 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. Brett Favre's fan (a.k.a. ybs)

Nice! The Taliban & Al Qaeda are feeling the heat. Sock it to them one-by-one, 'til Osama bin's head is served on a platter!

September 15, 2010 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Daniel-2

It is very nice, goat F-ers can not hide forever

September 15, 2010 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
      • Ernie Beatty

Honestly Daniel,although I'm a warmongring Tea Partier I did not blog the above.Somebody's copying me,really they are!!!

September 15, 2010 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Willie 12345

More right-wing mumbo-jumbo.I never seen so many stupid people blogging in here to prove it and I suppose this friggin' Ernie Beatty's going to try to make a joke out of this too!If not him,then somebody else will.

September 15, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Willie 12345

There he goes just like I said above.That's Beatty for you.

September 15, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brett Favre's fan (a.k.a. ybs)

Fak all religions! :) Let's stay focused on fakking these terrorists first; religions next!

September 19, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BLOGGGGER

The drones clearly dehumanise war. they make death trivial.

September 14, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette,IN

They certainly do BLOGGGGER and that makes me sick to my stomach! What is even more disgusting is the hipocracy of the American public.Most of the people went ballistic over the Rev.Jones' plans to burn the Coran,yet when people are being slaughtered like cattle by these godless drones,you get absolute silence!!!

September 15, 2010 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. Drats

Why does CNN not have a story about the Congressional Medal of Honor winner announced today? Makes you wonder if they are for the US or not.

September 14, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel-2

I noticed how silent the right-wing news media has been about those 12 filthy creeps who were recently indicted for murdering Afghan civilians.Anything just to make NATO look good and that's disgusting!!!

September 15, 2010 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joe

at least this time it wasn't 30 militants killed like it always has been in every report before.

September 14, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dan in Lafayette,IN

These people, from your truth of 360 degrees that were killed by our 21st century fighters, had just made the world a better place!

September 14, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette,IN

That wouldn't be you Ernie Beatty by any chance blogging under my name,would it?I already know how much you like this obnoxious war,so please come clean.

September 14, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Daniel-2

Thats what i heard, they are all 98 degrees, completely and utterly bent.

September 14, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dwight huth

Ive been missing the Predator strike reports have they been missing you too?

September 14, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • dwight huth

That was very funny,Phunnie boy since you just usurped my name again.But why make a sick joke out of an obscene war where so many are suffering and dying? It's quite nauseating to say the least but that won't stop you,will it???

September 14, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dwight huth

That's more like it! we haven't heard about Predator strikes for quite some time now and i know for sure their have been at least 10 in the last month.

September 14, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • dwight huth

Don't feel bad,Daniel.This creep just stole my ID as one can plainly see since I never posted the above.Like Larry said,anything to get a laugh out of life.

September 14, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
      • Daniel-2

I don't believe you are the real dwight huth. I think you are funnie boy at it again you are not so smart i am on to you.

September 14, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
      • Ernie Beatty

Believe me Daniel,that wasn't me who hijacked your name and posted the above.Somebody's impersonating me,honest!

September 14, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Daniel-2

Another field day for the right-wing thugs in Washington.It never ends but makes me sick.Now I suppose that this jerk who keeps on usurping my name will sooner or later try to make a sick joke out of this tragedy,too!

September 14, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel-2

You again funnie boy you think you are so clever but you are not.

September 14, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
      • dwight huth

You are right there Dan,i totally agree.

September 14, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
      • Daniel-2

I bet that was you Ernie Beatty,wasn't it?I guess that you don't have the nerve to admit it,of course.We're getting on to you.

September 14, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

"No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country."

Keep up the good work, men!

September 14, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
      • George Patton

Hey folks,I didn't post that stupid blog above.I think that was Ernie Beatty who did it,the warmonger.I think he's trying to make me look bad.

September 14, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
      • Larry Valecia, Calif.US Army Forever...

He doesn't have to try very hard!

September 15, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. HeresSomeTings

Ting Ting Ting Ting

September 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  13. MyPictureOfMooHamMad

(666)
    – | -
    | |

September 14, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • MooHamMad

Is the devil.

September 14, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. IHireHidusOverMuslims

Because Hidus are smarter and work harder than moose limbs.

September 14, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • YesDonkeysAreSmarter

Than moose limbs.

September 14, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. HeyMrTaliban

Tally me dead terrorists. Daylight come and me wanna go home.

September 14, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel-2

Come on Beatty,get off of it!

September 15, 2010 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |