September 8th, 2010

Coalition troops in Afghanistan

Forty-seven countries have troops in Afghanistan, according to NATO's International Security Assistance Force, and the total is approximately 120,000 as of August 2010. See how many are from each nation, above. The United States, not shown, has approximately 95,000 troops there now.

Filed under: NATO • Troops • Understanding Afghanistan
  1. Matthew

I see I am the first to say-–GOOD JOB........WE GOT HIM.....OSAMA BIN LADIN IS DEAD.
    Where are all the weenies who talked all the guff I saw in this thread.....Not so loud now are you..............

May 2, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Martin Cole

CNN,in your list of forces or coalition troops in Afghanistan I dont see the US listed, which amounts to ten times the highest member shown the UK. In addition I dont see China listed either. Ether they dont send troops or even with their enormous resources choose not too, and instead let the rest of the world bankrupt themselves on this carnage.

January 22, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dindy Sri lanka

well ..some of other countries can support with intelligence if they cant send troops.

September 13, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mark Volk

Screw that place! thats just a Lost War!! They are gonna keep killing themselves no matter what!
    It's been like that for Centuries! Why is the US thinking all this can change?!?!?
    Brings our troops home, and rebuild our nation!

September 9, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Larry Valecia, Calif.US Army Forever...

Well said,Mark.Thank you.

September 9, 2010 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Nil

I agree. Bring home the troops. We've got an economy to build

March 24, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Common Sense

180* + LIES = 360*

September 8, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Andrew Lubin

Good post,Daniel.I agree with you.

September 8, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Tansey

I thought some boby had it, who has the most to gain by war,Do you know the biggest and profitable business going is war,always has been.Knowing when to cut your loss's is the key.It use to be a civilized way to war,but those day's are long gone.If your going to fight a civilized war with animals that cut the heads off on prime time t.v. Your a fool,if you think they have a hand book on war wake up, we put four G.I.s on trail for taking picture's of nude prisoner's.Are you f–k-n kidding me. Your there for one reason and only one reason ,kill and keep killing till your the only one standing.That shows your enermy you had the hand book ,and burned it. That shows the enermy killing time is here, and you said screw the rules.A instinct is survival and thats al,l you need ,i'll go to the brig and be one happy mother f–ker. Thats why alot of vietnam vet's came back all screwed up. they were never supposed to win,thats bad business,God bless those guy's, and the one's that passed in iraq.If im going to die,it will be my way',not some wall street dirt bag calling the shots because he;s taking a loss.

September 9, 2010 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. Daniel-2

Forty-seven countries have troops in Afghanistan and not a single one of them has any business there!!! It shows just how powerful the MIC(military-industrial-complex) has become! How repulsive!!!

September 8, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel-2

Yeah, cuz 9/11 never happened. It was all a giant conspiracy by the MIC and their right-wing Washington thugs.

Is my tinfoil hat on straight?

September 8, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
      • Larry Valecia, Calif.US Army Forever...

I see that you usurped Daniel's name this time,didn't you Clown?However, what Daniel said does ring true.

September 8, 2010 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
      • Mark Volk

Its correct!! We needed an excuse to go to war! It's a shame!

September 9, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |