August 31st, 2010

Pakistani air strikes said to have killed civilians

Pakistani military officials and a local political official gave conflicting accounts Tuesday of attacks by Pakistani jet fighters targeting suspected militants in Pakistan's tribal region, with a politician saying at least some of the dead were civilians.

Two military officials told CNN at least 30 suspected members of the militant group Lashkar-i-Islam were killed in the aerial attacks. The attacks targeted militant hideouts, illegal radio stations, training centers and several vehicles rigged for suicide attacks, the officials said.

The attacks took place in three villages in the Tirah Valley region of Khyber, one of seven districts in Pakistan's tribal region.

Read the full story

1. Freedom

Pakistani are not terrorist or evil
    Same thing for Indians
    As well as Afghans and Americans.
    Blaming the actions and hate of the few on a whole populace is just stupidity.
    We all share this one world. When are we gonna pass our differences and get along =/

September 16, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. USMC Forever

So what, their terrorist camps that train terrorists have killed many innocents also. One good turn deserves another. Good job to the jets who fooked up!!!

September 9, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dindy Sri lanka

Satan has no power at all unless we pay attention and give power. Jesus never argued with satan. But only gave short answers .Jesus said it is written in the bible.

September 2, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. USMC Forever

Oh well this time its Pakistani Jets that supposedly killed civilians. Here is the real truth, Pakistani Jets killed POS terrorists whose POS relatives said they were civilians because they are LIARS!!! Kill all these beasturds for they are not worth a turd!!!!!! I am surprized they did not try to blame US Jets??????

September 2, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • USMC Forever

Now this bozo just stole my name and is using it to spew his right-wing ignorance.Honestly I'm no warmonger.

September 2, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
      • Larry Valecia, Calif.US Army Forever...

Don't feel bad,USMC Forever.This jerk does this to me all the time.I guess that we'll have to put up with it.

September 2, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
      • USMC Forever

People, he is right, he admits he is no war monger. How can you be a Marine, a green, lean, killing machine but not be a war monger???He is a fake paki POS with his right wing BS. I am the true USMC Forever!!!!!

September 3, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Larry Valecia, Calif.US Army Forever...

No your not, i am.

September 3, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amrullah Yousafzai, Margalla Hills

If you don't know anything about the situation, don't open mouth.

September 10, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Fife

Blessed be the makers of fine ordinance to fight the good fight against insurgents and their opium-crazed supporters (some of whom frequent these forums daily with their deranged propoganda).

September 1, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Larry Valecia, Calif.US Army Forever...

Another right-wing pro-government propagandist.They just seem to come out of the woodwork like roaches.How disgusting!!!

September 1, 2010 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
      • USMC Forever

I wonder just how the MIC is paying them to come out belching that right-wing mumbo-jumbo or is that the C.I.A. doing it?

September 1, 2010 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
      • Sarg

Stop pretending to be military people when you are not. Army 4 Evar and MC 4 Evar you are the same person using two names.

September 1, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
      • Sarg

Now this bozo just stole my ID! How about that! I didn't post the above and I'm no warmonger,either.

September 1, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  6. Dan in Lafayette, IN

CNN I'll bet the impostor is Larry Valecia, Calif.US Army Forever.

August 31, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Larry Valecia, Calif.US Army Forever...

No I'm not,Dan.This jerk also steals my Id along with those of Bledsoe and Daniel-2.But now I can tell when this bozo blogs in here with sickening jokes about this filthy war.Dan,I'll let you know when he blogs in.

September 1, 2010 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
      • Larry Valecia, Calif.US Army Forever...

Here he is he was posting under my name all along.

September 3, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dan in Lafayette,IN

Why am I not surprised? Any idiot knows that every time you bomb a populated village you're bound to kill or maim civilians.

August 31, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Larry Valecia, Calif.US Army Forever...

How right you are,Dan.Thank you.

August 31, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ThatGuy

Now you know why Pakistan lets us use the drones, shows the confidence they have on the Intel they give us. Well at least they can shift grievances to the US, right?

August 31, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

I feel sorry if Nasir Khan is not lying but seeing that he is a political figure in that area I would not be too sure that he is not, but in any case I am sure the Pakistani ISF are now realizing that the Taliban including all radical Muslim groups are not godly people but as Jesus said wolves in sheep's clothing and are targeting the right people!

August 31, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Do you mean to tell me that you do not read the full stories of each of these blogs?

August 31, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan in Lafayette, IN

Yea right and that's why he said there seemed to be no militants killed in the area? Remember we are talking about the lawless tribal regions in Pakistan where the government has no control, dummy!

September 1, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |