August 5th, 2010
  1. SPC Daniel Harlan

I just had to comment on this video for the simple fact that i remember this flight cause i was one of those men on the litter and it was a crazy time and i want to say thank you to everyone who supports us and what we do i love you all and thank you

August 13, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Fred

When is the Tilman Movie coming out? What is it going to be called?

August 10, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bailoutsos

Like the KKK, the Taliban are bred. The world will never see the end of either.

August 10, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Proud American

God Bless our troops who have the courage to do what others are scared to do- fight for freedom. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what our country is all about. I'm proud to be an American.

August 10, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. CUFFS2010

Why is there a war? It should have never started.We lost so many soldiers and we are going to lose more. What is the government waiting for? To have our men and woman lose there lives because they can't end this senseless war peacefully? Bring our soldiers home now !!!

August 9, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • rwdragon86

Why is there a war? hmmmm let's see – Terrorists had free reign in a country which let them run the asylum and plan an attack on our country. I suppose you don't remember 9/11. I also suppose that you don't know how we have made a commitment to help these people. Those who would give up liberty for peace deserve neither. You appear to be a coward and I would not expect you to ever fight for something greater than yourself and thank God that we don't have many people like you in the military – signed, someone who was proud to serve over there.

August 12, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Virginia Miller

To All of our troops, past, present, and future, THANK YOU for your service and may God Bless all of you and keep you safe.

August 9, 2010 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. sabbath39

I serve with three of those men on this special at the same fob one of which ive been with since i first came in the military over 2 years ago and we all believe in what we are doing over here and that we truly make a difference it makes me sick to see you people say we are here for no reason when you have never seen this country or spoken with these people if you want to have an opinion how about you come over here and make a true first hand assumption for yourself about what goes on in this country instead of going by what some moron posts on their twitter account

August 8, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. troutster

What a waste of our young men, to be killed and maimed in such a useless cause. This is a very sad story and I wish Barbra Starr would have talked about our criminal foreign policy that sent these young soldiers to Afghanistan to be hurt like they have been for such a wrong and lost cause. Bring them home so programs like this will not be possible in the future.

August 7, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • rwdragon86

Speak ONLY for yourself. I was there. I was personally thanked by the villagers where we helped the Afghan people. We were begged not to leave their country. Maybe it's ok with you to use a soccer stadium to beheadings and amputations. Maybe it's ok with you to kill or maim people simply because they taught at a girl's school. Maybe you aren't human.

August 12, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Willie12345

Hey, CNN, what about reporting : " ICE Union employees: ICE Director won't let us enforce U.S. immigration laws." ..... or our you still in Obama's back pocket?

August 6, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Georgia Goad

I honestly think the "yokbi" pair have lost sight what the "post a comment" is for. If you can't say something that makes sense and relates to the topic at hand....just STOP! Georgia

August 6, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. John Hanson

This series has been incredible. Barbara Starr did an amazing job covering what could have been a very difficult story. Very, very nicely done

August 6, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  12. Bill from Jamesville, N.Y.

I watched this special section on your news and I am so deeply impressed by the coverage. God bless these wounded service men and women I just cannot put into words how deeply moved I was to see this. What a lasting impression! What courage displayed by those on the stretchers! What angels in flight the medical personnel are who are treating these courageous wounded soldiers! My prayers go out to all involved, the wounded as well as all the medical staffers. I wish continued strength to all the wounded as well as continued strength and guidance to the medical personnel. Lastly I want to thank the reporter who did such a grand and wonderful piece of reporting. High Kudos! It was both heart breaking as well as uplifting. God bless you and all.

August 5, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred

Ditto!
      Further, America needs to see the other arrivals at Dover AFB, New Jersey, the other Ultimate Soldiers, the other Warriors.
      Remind America now, remind us forever.

August 10, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
      • Fred

That should be Delaware, not New Jersey.

August 10, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |