June 7th, 2010

3 suicide attackers killed

Kabul, Afghanistan — Three suicide attackers who assaulted a police training center in Kandahar province were killed Monday, the Afghan Interior Ministry said.

One suicide attacker driving a Toyota Corolla struck the police training center tower and two suicide attackers who attempted to enter the center detonated themselves at the center gate. There were no other casualties.

1. Cyrus Howell

Lt Col Anthony Herbert was wounded 14 times in the Korean War, and was awarded Turkey's highest military medal as an enlisted man..
    He was Army Special Forces and commanded a battalion of the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Vietnam.

His reward was the Pentagon tried to assassinate him. The Pentagon were evil and arrogant enough to assassinate the most decorated American soldier of the Korean War.
    When you cash those paychecks remember who you are working for.

June 10, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • christopher knight

Good call on Lt. Col Herbert
      He is a great man! and a friend of mine.. There can be a lot to learn from him... Please read his books..and one can see how war really is...

June 26, 2010 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. Cyrus Howell

When I joined the US Army I got $99.50 a month. I volunteered.
    The Army today is doing a good job – and they get good pay and good food – not like before. I sometimes was given food in the army even a starving dog wouldn't eat. We ate white bread, drank milk and went back to training.
    In the US Army soldiers have it made these days. The government pays you and you take your chances. So what's new?
    The outfit I originally joined took 90% casualties in Korea. They were an all Black outfit. A few of those who came back taught me to soldier in the national guard.
    My field first fought in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. He had so many medals and campaign ribbons his Class A blouse hung down around his belt buckle. He never lost a man in his platoon in Vietnam. He used to say, "I was born in a sugarcane field on Oahu." He was built like fire plug.
    US soldiers and Marines now get excellent paychecks to do their jobs.

June 10, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. felo

thanxs NATO forces for putting alot of effort on the education of afghan ppl.. you really going to win the war by training ANA because the ANA has special bullets that dnt kill civillians

June 10, 2010 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
    • SGT R

Have you ever been to Afghanistan? I'm here right now trying to ensure that people are educated. Guess what...I'm in the Army too. It's not all about kinetic operations. So before you go out and make bold statements like what you just said. Think to yourself..."Do I really know what's going..." Before you come online and sound like an idiot.

June 10, 2010 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. jim

We should have sent all those "cash for clunkers" cars to them. Filled each with explosives. Put a sensor in each to explode 5 miles from the nearest UN base. Park them 10 miles from the nearest UN base. And leave the keys in the ingnition. Recycle what's left. Metal and dog food.

June 9, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |