June 4th, 2010

Reconstruction forces in Langham province

U.S. Army soldiers along with Afghan National Army and International Security Assistance Forces recently traveled through the Laghman province, meeting with villagers, inspecting schools and conducting security patrols. To help stabilize the region, the team's mission is to help encourage the local population to participate with their provincial government as well as build and repair the local infrastructure.

The eastern Afghanistan province‘s economy was destroyed during the war with the Soviet Union, but it has growing agricultural and mining industries.

1. M Jamil Akhtar

hi i m agree with ayasha

July 27, 2010 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. Omar

Note to editor: It's Laghman province... not Langham.

July 19, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ayasha

Hamed,

Do you know this soldier in the picture? How do you know that he is in Afghanistan to help himself? How dare you say those things! That man that you are wishing death upon is my brother. He is a fine man, a better man than you could ever hope to be. There is not a self serving bone in his body. I hope that you can expel the hate that is clearly consuming you.

June 10, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Emily Johnson

Hamed:

You are a disgraceful human being, if in fact, you are human. How dare you wish such on our soldiers! I happen to love the soldier in this picture very much! I love ALL of our soldiers and can only imagine what they go through each and every day to protect $*#$)# asses like you! You are an illiterate piece of garbage and the epitome of what's wrong with this country today. I will pray for your twisted soul and hope that you crawl back into the stinking heap of sewage that you emerged from. You need to be investigated – no one’s safe with monsters like you around!

June 10, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • DP

You along with others kept mentioning "this picture", was it the original one with a US Soldier and a vehicle in the background? There is a reason I am asking.

October 12, 2011 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  5. jim

Hamad – nIIm

June 9, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mitch wilson

Hamed I wish I could come to LA and pay your sorry ass a visit. Why don;t you get the heck out of this country you are not an American you are a terroist.

June 7, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mitch wilson

Thank you CNN for having this site. You are the only media outlet that ever reports on this war. These sodliers are doing a great job and I am sure each one of them are motivated and proud of their mission. Shame on FOX and all the other media sources that never mention anything except when we have multiple casulties.

June 7, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |