May 24th, 2010
  1. bounty hunter

David Beckham is just a guy making his own way in the world. He has worked hard to get where he is. He doesn't have to get off his a$$ and go to a warzone. It doesn't improve his 'brand'. He does it because he cares that regardless of the politics involved, there are people putting their lives on the line because as a country, we ask them to do so, regardless of whether they want to be there or not. Do you understand what it would be like for a squaddie to have a kickabout with Beckham? Probably the most fun thing they will ever do and something they will remember for ever. I pray they all come home safely. Don't be a hater. I pray for your small-minded souls as well. PEACE

May 26, 2010 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. EU

David Beckham is the WORST soccer player in the world. He only came to US for money and hollywood (LA Galaxy?). Americans know nothing about soccer. Most Americans think he is the best player and MLS got Beckham tricking all Americans that he is amazing. Beckham is so old and only scored 2 goals last year. Beckham does not even come close to Christiano Ronaldo, Theirry Henry, Rustu, Appiah, Ronaldinho, Raul, Emre Belizoglu and etc.

May 25, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rory

hahahaha do not bring football into it. It's quite funny actually, I'm guessing you're turkish as you have mentioned emre and rustu, niether of those two are as good as Beckham. You're right that now he isn't as good as ronaldo and co, but he is still a very good footballer. Plus back in the day he was world class and if you dispute that you know NOTHING about football, nothing. Hahaha you have to laugh that you tried to compare emre, rustu and appiah to him. Fenerbache suck

May 26, 2010 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. DON

I have been in the Marine Corps for 10 years now and almost that whole time the US has been in an ever changing war. The one thing I keep hearing is about troops being brain washed. This is just so untrue. Some troops believe that they are doing what is right and are very proud to serve over in the far reaches of the world in support of this war. And there are those that do not. It is the point that no matter what our beliefs are We Are There. Who cares if you support what is happening over there just support the fact that there is someone who's life is on the line. That there is someone that left his Wife, Daughter, Son, Mom, Dad and various other relatives and put himself in harm's way. Whether you believe it is to preserve freedom, or win the war for Oil Supremecy is irrelevent most of the time. I can tell you firsthand that it does not feel good to know that you may end someone's life. But most of the time it is you or them, and personally when in that situation I choose to see my son and daughter's face again vs. not.

May 25, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Navy Guy

Who are the real brainwashed people? The people who conciously decided on a life of service that puts them in danger, or the people that don't know what to do with their lives so they live mindlessly, living day to day with no real goal? I'm all for freedom of speech, and that's what I defend, but at least have the decency to learn common courtesy. It's out of our hands where we are sent, or where we fight. But we do it gladly, knowing that our families sleep safer at night because of us. So that I at the end of the day can tell people that I proudly serve the country that gave me the privilege of being able to live the way I did. So to people like Beckham that recognize this, BZ!

May 25, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ED

Labanese guy – go back to your terroist bunker, we are going to bomb the heck out of people like you – and we are loving it. People like you don't deserve to be on this earth. Don't hide behind kids and women and then complain we killed innocents – be brave.

May 25, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Marine Queen

SEMPER FI

May 25, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. Marine Queen

Yeah... Lebanese Guy, you would would probably like to say a big thank you to the blood thirsty murderous terrorists on the other side.... remember, if you do not know it... they too kill innocents

May 25, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  8. David

LEbanese guy, hmmmm clear my throat a little, I bet you are muslim? Stupid dirka, your time will come.

May 25, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  9. Lebanese Guy

Who cares that beckham went to visit british war-mongering terrorist murderous men at war?? These nasty terrorist thugs arent just brainwashed they are blood thirsty morons who dont know what better to do with their lives instead they are fighting for what? To expand the 'british' empire's interests and to serve those of the united terrorist states of america????

What better would it make them feel if some soccer player went to visit you in war? Are they gonna get more aggressive and kill more random people? i never liked this loser beckam in the first place and now i like him even less..

May 25, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Ian

I do fully agree that the West should move out of all Islamic countires. In doing so it should remove absolutely all Western technology, cars, aircraft, computers, electricity, television, radio, lighting, telephone, medicine, dentistry, industry, education, sanitation, nutrition – absolutely everything that we gave you. Let the Arabs live in the medieval times that they belong to – moreover – that they deserve. Let their children die at birth due to their brainwashed moronic parents being unable to do anyting to stop it. Islam is the utimate brainwashing – keep it and get lost.

May 26, 2010 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  10. Marine Queen

Let's support these troops for what they are doing ... and tell them a BIG THANK YOU

May 25, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Lebanese Guy

yeah Darling, THANK YOU for killing and murdering innocents and occupying other people's lands and for advancing the interests of the empire and the terrorist states of america world-wide – a big *UCK YOU is more like it...

May 25, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
      • Clive

What about the terrorist states of Arabia ? They don't get mentioned much. The Ba'athist national socialist philosophy so similar to Nazism. The Wahhabis who are like the Spanish Inquisition. Who do you speak for that is so peaceful ? These wars have come about because of violence by extremists who were mostly Arabs – the Muslim Brotherhood and now Al Qaeda. Their violence preceded any by western nations, whatever propaganda you have heard. If someone attacks you, I hope there's a force of law nearby to help. I hope that for Afhans and Iraqis as well.

May 26, 2010 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. Marine Queen

YESS!!!!! USMC79, this wimp, calling the troops brainwashed minions!!! he'll probably wee in his pants if gets up close to one f them...

May 25, 2010 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  12. greg

If you want to call people brainwashed minions, then by all means you can refer to our political leaders or even we the people who elect them , as such. But it is quite wrong to refer to ordinary soldiers or those who support them in this way. These people are doing the jobs we tell them to do. Are they brainwashed minions when they are confronting serb death squads or bringing food and relief to disaster areas? I think not.

May 25, 2010 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  13. DCT

great beckham, i like him to do so. He is such a symbol of peace.

May 25, 2010 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
  14. Your Mothe

Cheers to David Beckham. As for the people calling the troops names, could you please step onto the firing line? We need target practice. Semper Fi.

May 24, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. kiva

we still have no need in sending soldiers to the middle east. time again and again has shown us that the middle east is unconquerable and uncontrollable

May 24, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Waste of news!

Who cares David Beckham went to visit British troops?? The troops arent just brainwashed they are blood thirsty morons who dont know what better to do with their lives instead they are fighting for what? What better would it make them feel if some soccer player went to visit you in war? Are they gonna get more aggressive and kill more random people?

May 24, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alan Calvert

You forgot to mention random INNOCENT people. The Brits have been known to kill us Americans by mistake too.

May 24, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
      • Booby Mark

Hey the UK is the only real US ally left and the US is a bully to them, that says alot about how the US Values its friends...

May 24, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
      • Rory

Alan Calvert, you're ridiculous and a narrow minded fool. It's the other way around you moron, blue on blue is always carried out by the americans, it's common knowledge. And Waste of news!, you're an idiot. He has went out there because one he is a genuine guy who wants to support his fellow countrymen and I'm sure they'll be very grateful to him for doing that as it will definitely improve morale, I personally think more people like him should go out and show their support even if it is just to go and sign some stuff and talk to people. Well done Becks and more importantly well done to the troops, what you're doing is incredible!

May 25, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
      • NanF

And US troops have killed UK soldiers by mistake. I seem to remember an incident during the Gulf War when UK troops were incorrectly targetted and killed in a US air strike.

May 25, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

@ Waste of News... and what divine job do you have that allows you to sit on top of your high horse and look down upon those who fight for your freedom so you can type on CNN blogs? I'd like to know what you've done lately that's so great. If you don't like the news story, then go back under your rock.

May 26, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Stan

That's the best support someone like him can provide. am pround of him for supporting the right people.

May 24, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  18. DD

Becks is HOT!

May 24, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Carole Clarke

Good for him. At least he got off his butt, went out to see for himself, was humble and friendly in supporting the effort of his country's troops and risked himself to do that.

May 24, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Masonblaze

Beck's is and always has been a class act.

May 24, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  21. beckham sucks

I just lost respect for Beckham because od his support for these brainwashed minions.

May 24, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

Don't be so dense. You may not agree with their current goals, but it is an idiotic thing to do, to insult those who serve to protect you.

May 24, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • GDINY

Who are these "brainwashed minions" he supports? You and your family? As for the soldiers, they are far smarter than you could ever hope to be.
      Next intelligent comment, please.

May 24, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

And what have you done for the world today Inbred?

May 24, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jerry

Lets hope he hasn't done anything dangerous today, like for instance breed...

May 24, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • bubba

People are just trying to make a living and the military gives them that. It's the people you elect that you should be calling brainwashed minions. But whatever you uneducated fool.

May 24, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shannon

So for doing what they are told to do they are brainwashed minions. That is stupid. They have a job to do just like anyone else who works. They are protecting people in the UK and our troops are protecting the USA.

May 24, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJK

The only one who seems to "brainwashed," if not brain dead, is you! You should be ashamed of yourself! Hopefully, you don't share your genes with anyone.

May 24, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • US Army

I am an American Soldier. I sacrafice alot for my job. I dont really do it for the money although it does pay the bills.. But there are many other things I could do for money... I could stay back in my hometown with my family and friends I grew up with.. Instead I am in Texas working up to and beyond 12 hours a day, depending on the day getting ready to go over seas.. And to see someone is so blind to the reality of whats really going on.. I cant even describe the way that makes me feel right now......

May 24, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
      • ck

US Army

-US Army, despite some of the rude comments, I personally would like to thank you for serving our country. Hope you stay safe when you go over seas and thanks again!

May 24, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
      • KT

Thank you for all that you do. 🙂

May 24, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
      • Exec

Hey BS, what a fitting moniker you wear. Soldiers don't make the policy. Complain to the people who represent YOU in YOUR government. Pinning the blame on the soldier went out of style sometime around the 1970's.

May 26, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Steven Scotts

And respect is gone for you as you have no compassion for the troops making sure the terrorists dont bomb your house.

May 24, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • USMC79

beckham sucks...You're just another loser acting tough behind the keyboard. Go up to a soldier coming home and call them "brainwashed minions" and we'll see what happens.

May 25, 2010 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
      • Rob

As an active duty senior Army NCO I sincerely hope that nothing would happen to him if he said that to one of my troops. Freedom of speech is one of the rights that we proudly defend.

May 25, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • GP

The 'minions' you are referring to are probably the reason why you are alive to make such foolish comments.? You just lost respect of the all sensible people....Beckham atleast had the guts to do what he wanted to do...will you...

May 25, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Marcus

Who do you want to see Beckham visiting? Taliban?

May 25, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • joshua

What a dumb comment beckham sucks. I mean really do you not have anything to do in your life than disrespect people you dont even know. It really shows how smart you really are. Have fun living in your moms basement and and talking smack to people online maybe one day you will get a job that requires you to sacrifice and do something with your life that proves your worth in this world .

May 25, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • BigMike

It amazes me that anyone that the freedom to be so free with their mind and their mouth doesn't appreciate those that defend them. You should move to one of the countries that doesn't have these freedoms and try sharing your opinions their. Hopefully, you'll end up buried up to your neck in sands while some open-minded people like yourself practice their stone throwing skills.

May 25, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Don

I'm sure Beckham will be just devestated by the loss of your support.

Lebense Guy: As for the "blood thirsty" troops, one can only marvel at the amazing self restraint they exhibit day in and day out. Only a moron could think a well-equipped army like ours couldn't have wiped out the entire populations of Iraq and Afghanstan in a matter of days if that was what they wanted to do. Instead, they discrimanately target only terrorists within their ability. They, with few individual aberations THAT ARE PROSECUTED, follow the rule of law and basic morality. The Taliban and Al Qaeda are under no such handicaps and murder and mame just to set an example. Support of the Taliban primarily stems from the fear of retribution if they support the coalition. Most Afganis fear and loath the Taliban but don't know what to do in order to survive. You are a self-diluted, ignorant, intellectually dishonest idiot.

May 25, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
      • Marine Queen

That was a great reply Don.. couldn't have said it better 🙂

May 25, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • JWM

Please accept this simple reply to the "Beckham Sucks" posting:
      Having just returned from my third Afghanistan deployment, and having proudly fought alongside those very talented British Soldiers, I thought it would be appropriate to quote another fine Brit – George Orwell –
      "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Let it serve as a declaration of sorts to the obtuse individual willing to call Coalition Soldiers 'brainwashed minions'. So, you ungrateful wretch, just demostrate some humility and mutter a simple 'thank you' for the courage they demonstrate and the risks they take. These risks you cannot possily fathom......and they do it every damn day.

May 25, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • juanvaldez

the minions are putting their lives on the line for us, whether we personally agree or not with the wars our govenment wage! Shame on you becham sucks! These men are heroes, and DB is just trying to bring them a little joy.

May 25, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • john wayne

Canada is the way to go! Beck is just a soccer player who cares!

May 25, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • mindy1

And I lost respect for you to insult your country's bravest citizens

May 25, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • sweetie

Yes true they are brainwashed idiots, what have they achieved so far in this war can anybody please explain to me plse...and who the hell is beckham...who cares about him....he is an idiot also himself....shame on him...what is he trying to prove...???

May 26, 2010 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |