May 6th, 2010

Combating the No. 1 killer of troops in Afghanistan

Improvised explosive devices — or IEDs — are the No. 1 killer of NATO troops in Afghanistan. And although more than 40 nations are fighting in the ISAF coalition there, none of them have the kind of experience and resources the U.S. has in finding and eliminating these deadly bombs by insurgents.

The U.S. military put that expertise to use at a recent conference at the Joint Multinational Training Command in Germany to show dozens of its NATO partners the latest methods of combating IEDs as well as try to standardize the training and gear.

"It is very important to share the best practices immediately for all the others," says Ltc. Mati Lampinen of the Finnish Army. "So that is the most important thing. To share the best practices and then get them to the soldiers on the ground."

Training included mock IED materials.

Computer games simulate the environment where IEDs are likely.

Mock explosions help train in counter-measures to those heading to Afghanistan.

Training included a demonstration of a mini-drone.

Post by:
Filed under: NATO • Troops
  1. 5 combat tours

The world has never known peace. Soldiers are the worlds second oldest proffession. Why must we strive for peace when it has never existed. Let the troops do their job. They will bring the glory and the pride back to this country at the expense of the enemy, let America be feared by those who oppose it, we do not need to cater to the people of forigen lands. Let the world see our gloy and strength. We are now an empire on par with the Roman Empire, the Persian Empire, or the Greek Empire. We should bask in our culture and good fortune and harshly put down our enemies. Wishing for peace is a pipe dream that will never be achived. Accept that and you will see the battle is almost won already. God Bless the American troops.

May 16, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. CPT W, Afghanistan

Comments posted by those who have not served their country,

Thanks for your insight into the number 1 killer of American Soldiers. Additionally, thanks for reminding those of us that have and are still serving why America needs to change. We need Americans, not born-again Americans. As stated in previous posts, we have an abundance of heroes, most of them serving in a foreign land protecting ideals that many have forgotten. To all of our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines, past and present, Thanks for your Sacrifice. One day, we will take back America.

May 16, 2010 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. General Dr Bad.

Another true american. Does not post its real name or home town of course.
    On 9/11 america had war with a few thosuands angry sunnis. NOw america is at war with 1.2 Billion Muslims in over 103 Countries.
    What am I going to do about it? Uh no, What ar YOU going to do about it?
    Another true americna spweing racist ignorance and hate in Gods Name.
    Nuke em all Let God sort them out. Muslims are the only problem you have.
    Iran is your only problem.
    Did you see the news in Iraq lately? Those bombing in Bagdad and Basra?
    Go ask YOUR leaders what YOU are going to do about it.
    Maybe them brits too have BAD memoires? I guess they forgot all about Basrah as well?
    Another jacked up rigged Iraq Election. bush and the oil companies puppets still in power.
    obama says dont you worry in 2011 he may START to pull Troops from afghanistan.
    why sint these stories on these two Soldiors death on any news?
    go ask palin and the NRA what they have to say about this one.

May 15, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. izslaamhatr

Look, islam sucks, so does the mooozelems–hey mo!, that is no religion, its a cult of idiots, nuke thier countries and do what hitler did in ww2, round em up and get rid of them. Dont waste our bullets or ovens, just ship thier stinky azzes back to the mid east and nuke after the last ship leaves! Oh, and hang anyone that we catch blowing up stuff! I say merry Christmas and my kids pray in school too! what ya gonna do about it!

May 15, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. General Dr Bad.

ON this board under mesages to obam i posted what to do about the oil spill spread,
    but thye would of had to admit I exist. and of course SOMEONE wil come with the answer.
    So they let it spread,
    Take every boat you have, go west to east fast, then south from both ends,
    Fast forward, slow back.

Use the boat wakes,washes to push and guide the oil back out and direct it.
    Heck of a Job Brownie.
    Any questions? U have about 36 hours left.

May 15, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. General Dr Bad.

One of the ways a leader is Judged, Is how they respond to Crisis.
    From Day one obam has repsonded in same way to all of them. day 24 of your oil leak.
    The only reason he made any decions on afgahanistan is he was backed into a corner.
    I asked about the brats in iran, I see in americans media that the new brit leaders have locked arms with haillary and went back to threatening and trying to bully Iran.
    while of course not telling you what they were told. They want iran to try and hang those brats. Helps drum up thier war.
    Yes i once was a "militant" "sepritest" "Freeedom Fighter" "Mercenary" "Contractor" "mechanic", then they Killed and aresseted all the generals and leaders. and suddenly I was General.
    And I was fighting Taliban and al qaida even as YOU finaced,armed and trained them.
    YOU didnt care.
    Tommy ,Wes, MY Self Took Iraq. WE could of taking it quicker but we kept out running the suppply line.
    WE Did OUR Job. And thats when I got MY 5 Stars. Mission Accomplished.

May 15, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. General Dr Bad.

My, The Silance is deafning in here. You and your coward leaders do real good standing on your soap box beating on Straw Men.
    No, you wil not answer even one question or adress even one point i made.
    To do that you would have to face fact and reality.
    Its not they ont talk to me, It is I who wil not talk to them.
    Even now you set there sayinga dn doing nothing even as you know the truth.
    You dont giev a damn babout those troops.
    You dont care how many of them die or are wounded.
    You Ignore all laws and go on serving your arab and jew masters.
    Right now is election tiem, Suddenly your politicians care and are going to do something.
    YOu ahve lied ot your Troops,children and country now for 10 years.
    YOu lie and cover up how BAD things are both in your war as well as on americans streets.
    Now coward obama and clinton wont face these mothers, wont adress the issues of Childen in iraan. even now clinton goes on threatning Iran,.
    Right now my fighters and troops are not even enegaged in any of your wars.
    Even my american troops you hold hostage are stuck on bases self destructiing.
    I come ine here ot give you chance to have your say, ask me questions, yet of course you dont.
    All you do again is waste my time.
    You do all you can to silance me. while you fill your greedy pockets and murder your own Troops and Children and blaim me.
    I od not give a damn what YOU or your idiot leaders say,think or do. It does not matter to me.
    YOU are the biggest killer of YOUR TRoops.
    All you do in afghanistan is waste your time while you feed Troops and money into the grinder.
    Everyday you stay in Iraq you dig your hole deeper.
    GO ahead and lie to YOUR children and troops, I will tell MINE The Truth.
    Keep stalling coward obama and traitor clinton.
    may God Proterct your Troops from YOU.

May 15, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. General Dr Bad.

This War Did not start on 9/11. YOU just did not care before 9/11.
    On 9/11 MY War with Al qaida and Taliban Ended. YOURS Begain.
    I Did not go to Iraq to Fight AL Aqaida.

May 15, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. General Dr Bad.

once again ,another blocked message.

May 14, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bailoutsos

How are IEDs any different then us dropping bombs from 15,000 feet? Is one more cowardly then the other? Posted by: USAMAN @@@@ That idea is along the lines of what Bill Maher said about the 9/11 terrorists and he got ripped a new one.

May 14, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Disgusted with warmongers

The No. 1 killer of troops in Afghanistan are the POLITICIANS past and present who keep sending more and more troops there on a mission that clearly isn't resolvable militarily anymore (and never was). The politicians have mislead the public, continuously avoiding their own responsibilities for addressing the problems stemming of their own mistaken foreign policy decisions (while catering to various special interest groups and lobbyists instead of the welfare of the nation) and then always expecting a resolution only by military methods and means..."War is sell." The fail safe for this in a functioning "democracy" would be an informed public ,which clearly isn't the case in this country anymore...TOO MUCH BOOZE and TV (and probably love of MONEY)!

May 14, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. General Dr Bad.

Seiing How YOU Brought up Joss Stone, I see the Brits have a new leader.
    Joss Has a new album out right now, Colour Me Free, It is at Target,
    Johhny Cash also has out a new album "Aint No Grave".
    And what about those 3 brats in Iran? or do I have to do that also?
    I dont see obama or clinton or any of you meeting with any of these women?

May 14, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. General Dr Bad.

oh my Bad, I missed your other question,
    There is only one Kashmir. It is Occupied by 3 countries.
    Paksitan India and China.
    Now answer MY Questions.

May 14, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  14. General Dr Bad.

Back to the point of thread.
    If and when you get that message from Rumsfield you let me know,
    Give That ot YOUR Iidot Genrals,
    ASk If they have nanyhting THEY do not understand.
    One of MY Men Just Took % of MY BUllets from MY Cops IN MY Home Town.
    Link is above.
    One of MY Men Just used his Commrative pistol to Kill HIs Wife,CHild and Him SElf.
    I want To know what YOU have to say about that.
    NNOw, these are just This Month That I have Heard of. And Why are these not in YOUR News? Alaska now? GO Ask Sarah Plain what she has to say about this one.
    and about those cops? GO ask Glenn Beck Who Told HIm To Put out an a.p.b on me on c.n.n.? How many years ago now?
    and in answer to YOUR Question, Yes it is Difficult,
    YOU Going to meet with these wives and mothers? and children?
    go read those links if you want to know about ME.
    THIS is NOT about Me.
    Idiot.

May 14, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Paul NC

Dr. Bad
    You have mentioned may times that " I EARNED MY RANK AND COMMAND.".

Just curious and trying to gain some insight, was that West Point,The Naval Academy, The Air Force Academy, ROTC, field promotions?

YOu also mentioned that "None of yOUR TRoops are under MY command.
    " ... for this I am eternally grateful.

As another curiosity and not to get off topic ..... but you said your country was Kashmir. Would you prefer that to be Kashmir, Pakistan or Kashmir India? Of course since you referred to the country of Kashmir , I would be led to believe that you are/were/have delusions of being a Kashmir separatist. But that is a guess and that would be tough to do from Butte Falls. Especially with the cops arresting you all the time.

May 14, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Chieftom

Yea, lets pull out and let the Afgans get back to the good old days...

When girls were not allowed to go the school
    When Gay men were executed
    When Women were excuted in the market for flirting
    When if you decided that Islam was not right for you, you were executed

No Music
    No Art
    No Singing
    No Dancing

But hea, thats their problem, not ours

No one elses freedom is worth a drop of American blood

I spent 20 years in the Navy and my Son spent two tours in Iraq so I know what is at stake.

If we have the ability to help the Afgans then I think we have the responcibility to do so.

May 14, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. All American!

Gen Bad....who are your troops? I am a little confused. Some of the references you make in your post are not clear to me.

May 14, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. General Dr Bad.

now, YOU were saying, Private meatshield?

May 14, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. TS

I also have a son in the Army. They take pride in protecting us. I pray for all of them to be safe. I too worry about him all the time. Oh and hey, "Bob" your an idiot!!! The reason who can make a comment on this web site is because my son is protecting your a**.

May 14, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  20. General Dr Bad.

Last year The CIA Issued a report on deaths suicieds and murders of Troops.
    This was beofre the Texas masscre and Before they threw me in Jail twice.
    Leiberman is trying to get a copy of this report.
    Did you read those last two links i posted? Those were just last month.
    From Obam donw they are all lying, covering and playing piolitcas as they let thier Troops get slaugheterd.
    Yur answer ? why, same as all these civilian murders. cover them up and lie.
    Look at these comments and answers These people do not care.
    Carpert Bomb, Them. leven thier villages. level Thier Mosques. use Human shields.
    America borrows money from china, gives to thier puppet leaders, then kills thier political enemies.
    Right now america kills pashtoons while the punjabis and pakis laugh how stupid you are.
    all I am doing in here is covering my own ass. Taking care of MY Troops.
    MY country? That Is Kashmir now. YOU americans made it quite clear what you think of me.
    I took those Troops in to Iraq. NOw YOU hold them hostage while YOU lie and play politics.
    I ma not currently enaged in ANY of YOUR wars. None of yOUR TRoops are under MY command.
    Obama is no differnt then bush. anothther spinles coward playing tough guy.
    Even as i write this YOUR are doing all YOU can to KIll me.
    Well, have SOME ONE ELSE Kill me.
    Post YOur Real Name and home town like A man and Speak.
    Or shut up and go away.
    Unlike YOUR COWARD TREASONOUS Generals I EARNED MY RANK AND COMMAND.
    Barak Obam is a War CRimninal. GUilty Of Genocide and War crimes in gaza as well as now afghainstan and iraq.
    sooner or later those bought and paid fo rpuppet leaders likekarzai will be killed. Only matter of time.
    NOw YOU go lie to YOUR TRoops and children. YOU GO Rob YOUR Grand children.
    YOU are DONE LYING TO AND MURDERING MINE.
    GET MY TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ NOW.

May 14, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  21. military wife

For all our military wives waiting for our husbands to come home either support our troops or shut up! It must be nice to sit at your desk with all your comforts and codemn our soilders for having more courage and conviction than you could ever possibly imagine.

May 14, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Been there and got the t-shirt oorah

@mark 5

they dont care!!!

May 14, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  23. Been there and got the t-shirt oorah

I never pull out!!!! dont us a condom either i think im shooting blanks??

May 14, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  24. Paul NC

@JAA
    1. Insurgent fires RPG at US forces
    2. US forces engage and kill said insurgent who was trying to kill them
    3. Insurgent's buddy takes away evidence of RPG
    et voila – Instant civilian needlessly killed my the evil Americans

I agree that some civilians are inadvertently killed, but collateral damage is as old as warefare. A very sad, tragic truth.

@EJN
    Couldn't agree more, but it is always:
    1. A rich person's war and a poor person's fight
    2. An old person's war and a young person's fight.

If I recall, only one senator's child ever actually saw Vietnam.
    (I'm Remembering CCR's song "It Aint me")

It's the golden rule – "the one with the gold rules"

May 14, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  25. EJN

We will there until the American people demand that right along side MY soldier son is little miss prescious Chelsa Clinton and the Bush Babies

May 14, 2010 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
  26. JAA

Every time we kill a civilian, we make a family of insurgents.

May 13, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  27. General Dr Bad.

May 13, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  28. General Dr Bad.

May 13, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  29. General Dr Bad.

*Locks and Loads*

May 13, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  30. General Dr Bad.

and they just blocked and banned my last id from yahoo.
    they are going to isolate me, silance me, break me.
    Godless Filth.

May 13, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  31. General Dr Bad.

another blocked message.

May 13, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Mark5

I think the US should put captured insurgents in vehicles and include them in convoys.Rather like mobile jails. Then when the insurgents detonate IED`s, they will never know if they are killing their own people.

May 13, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Paul NC

Dr. Bad
    Interesting link.
    It's kind of like the Mahji General Mehdi Ahamed Abbadon. aka General Dr. Bad show
    I did notice that you said that "MY country sets on the asian main earthquake fault" ..interesting.

One point. The coal miners died in WEST Virginia (a separate state from Virginia for over 100 years or so) .I only mention that because I was there for quite a few years. Great folks.

And I agree with All American! that CNN should not block you.

Have a nice day

May 13, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  34. General Dr Bad.

go read these messages. http://floydcountygalive.proboards.com/index.cgi
    im done here.
    you will die stupid.

May 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  35. General Dr Bad.

again message blocked.

May 13, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Joe

Get over it. If you like the way things are...vote for irresponsible lib dems. Otherwise vote Republican. At least the $$$ bleeding will slow down and who knows they may just be able to get rid of the health care monster and just fix health care for only those that REALLY NEED IT

May 13, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  37. All American!

CNN...give Dr Bad his voice (voices?) back!!!! I find them very entertaining!

May 13, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  38. All confused

OK, I am gonna upset everyone here, so here goes. I am a veteran with eight year of special operations training, so I am not ignorantly posting this information. The only way the inurgents are going to even rempotely win this war is to continue to use gorilla tactics like they are doing with IEDs (think Vietnam and all those rat traps they used). Its working, look at all these postings about US deaths.

Secondly, most of these postings are based on confusion as to why we are there. Could the "insurgents" possibly be as confused as us as to why we are there and simply see us as invaders in their backyard(?) If I had a group of armed and dangerous foreigners in my home town that were technologically superior you can bet your ass I wouldnt fight fair!!

Finally, the goal there is ambigious at best and was a fabrication of Washington to allow war to be declared. Its simply too messy to just pull out overnight (think Vietnam again) so we will all see the gradual pull out of troops over the next couple of years. And for those misguided folks that think by keeping the war going somehow protects us here at home, I will say one thing --The Time Square incident-–

CASE CLOSED!

May 13, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  39. General Dr Bad.

again the block my messages here. go ask them. as you die.

May 13, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  40. DAVE

IF the bad guys want to get us they will. We have a great team of analysts in country looking for problem solving ideas to counteract the IED threats. Keep up the good work.

May 13, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  41. ac

Times change and the way you fight wars changed with it. Therefore, I will advocate NO Boots on the ground, and just do it from the distance and the air. In response to any enemy's attack I would bomb them anytime and anywhere and until I destroy them in their entirety. My soldiers never will be expandable and only will die during a militiry excersise if at all.
    I don't care about the take and hold theory-it is BS. Take and Hold what? A piece of territory that you will give back at the end?

May 13, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  42. jo an

War is obsolete and we will be obsolete if we do not find a way to stop it., We have a choice to think that war will solve problems or to wake up to the realization that we live on a very small planet and there will soon be NINE BILLION of us..is .IF WE SAY THAT WAR IS INEVITABLE we are saying that our EXTINCTION is INEVITABLE!!! Our choice...It ain't the aliens that will DO US IN...look in the mirror.

May 13, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  43. Paul NC

Ok we can agree on one thing. Joss is good. The point was that we now know you as D.R. Scott, Mahji General Mehdi Ahamed Abbadon and General Dr. Bad. Perhaps 3 personas in the same mind.

I actually manage in other languages very well.

For some personal clarity for us readers....what was your "Last message To Rumsfield"?

War sucks. Always has.... always will.

One civil war general said that this was a good thing or we might get fond of war.

Collateral damage has been around since war started. A very sad fact but there is a difference between deaths not intended around an airstrike and blowing up a car in a marketplace full of your own countrymen and women.

If in fact OUR wars are not YOUR problems then they are no longer YOUR troops, you evidently abdicated that responsibility.

May 13, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  44. NATO soldier

I'm a NATO soldier from Europe and i'm training for deploying which will be this year. As a soldier, i hate my enemies, i hate the Taliban because i have to do so. As a human, i understand them. I've read some of the comments here and what i found is that we are pretty much the same in our thoughts about this war. Some of the best soldiers in the world will go to Afghanistan this year and we will do our duty. We respect our agreements and we will do our job. However, we'd better start seriously to think about what's good and wrong. Too many have died, and the only solution is to go home. You guys from the US should better stop complaining about your leaders, about the Taliban, about God and about Pakistan or anybody else, and start talking and make a good decision about what to do next. Wars are not good except for some of us who earn from this. Stop the war machines you've created and learn to be proud of you when you build PEACE. Alexander the Great made also a decision some 2300 years ago. Such a decision will not hurt the honor of our armies. This is what i think.

May 13, 2010 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  45. Soldier

American, let us fight the war–your soldiers–just stay home, go to war, pick up your fat kids from school and continue to watch CNN as you chew on your Doritos and cheese...we will keep it safe for you. Voice your opinion but remember, I got your back, don't worry about your son going to Iraq or Afghanistan, our country got us fighting so your children or yourselves don't have to.
    God Bless AMERICA

May 12, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Soldier

LET'S WIND THIS WAR!!!

May 12, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  47. General Dr Bad.

Yes, Those message son Joss Stones Board are also Mine, Im A big Joss STone fan,
    Which point?
    like you refuse to any any direct question i Have posted?
    you do not adress even one point i made?
    What Do I want?
    1. tribunal For Pat Tillman.
    2. MY Troops out of Iraq. Now.
    3. tribunal for all these who knew abouta nd were involved in these war crimes.
    4 The REAL Death and wounded from Iraq Number.
    5. The Number of Suicides and Murders By Our troops and to our troops.
    6. Second Leutenetant Deborah Christine D' Angelo.
    7. The Brats IN Iraq.
    8. A copy of my Last message To Rumsfield.
    9.Copy oF The Complaint and Report ON American Suicides and Murders from YOUR infected C.I.A.
    10. Who Is Now Going To meet With Cindy Sheehan, Mary TIllman, Adams Mothers and wife?
    Unless YOUR Name is Tommy Franks or Wesley Clark ? YOU dont matter.
    English?
    Hows is YOUR farsi? urdu? arabic? Arimic? Tsalgi? Spanish ? Chinesse?
    oh YOU ONLY Speak english?
    Btw JOss Rocks. YOU Suck.
    Tell YOUR Liar Coward Generals To Kiss MY BBAD ASS.
    Get MY TRoops OUT of Iraq now.
    Have "fun".
    YOUR wars are not MY problems.

May 12, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  48. rog

@General Dr Bad

What point are you trying to make? All you do is ramble on (and on, and on) with a series of unrelated statements or you accuse others of a poor grasp of English when you obviously have problems of your own. In a way it sounds like someone trying to rap with a poor grasp of the language (and no sense of rhythm).

May 12, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  49. bailoutsos

I heard someone mention "Taliban freedom fighters"..... LOL.
    Posted by: Joey @@@ Must have been a Republican, because they support "freedom fighters," but Democrats are said to support "terrorists."

May 12, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  50. chris

My company has developed the solution to detecting 99.9% of IEDs, but the fat cats control all the funding and the government won't even listen to us. People are dying from IEDs needlessly thanks to our own government.

May 12, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Quagmire

Hey Ahmad if that was the rules the US followed the entire Middle East would be one giant sheet of glass by now. Just in case you don't know what I mean by that, its what happens when sand is melted at an extremely high temperature (I.E. Nuclear). Unfortunately this Countries morals are too strong.

May 12, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  52. General Dr Bad.

obviously you dont speak english.

May 12, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Paul NC

Aaaahhhhhh found something from another forum. (hey ..... I was bored)

From the forum of a female musician, Jossstone,

Entry contains "Mahji General Mehdi Ahamed Abbadon. aka General Dr. Bad". and from his use or misuse of the language and general distasteful tone, sounds like the same guy.

The distastful language he used toward a woman would lead me to believe more hes Ahamed than D.R. Shaw.

May 12, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  54. All American!

Ok, I know what it is with general Dr. Bad....he has gone crazy because he can't find his M I A nurse!

May 12, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  55. All American!

general Dr. bad

What's up with you dude????

May 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Paul NC

Found a Shaw Butte Barber shop. Found a BRITISH General Shaw. There is a Dr Shaw in Butte. Can't seem to fnd a US geleral Shaw anywhere much less relating to Butte. (I didn't check HALO or BF Bad Company)

As his spelling is deterorating as the posts go on, I would guess the Meds "or something" are kicking in.

Usually Generals are a little more eloquent than that (just MHO)

Although I am SURE it's a "top secret" thing.

May 12, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  57. General Dr Bad.

maybe in YOUR wars, Not Mine.
    IN MY war I have all thes epesky Rules and laws I follow,
    tell me Ahmed are you muslim?
    Sunni? Shiite? Salafi? Wahabi? Sufi? Almahdi? Persian? Arab? Pashtoon? Punjabi?
    Do you follow Sunnah ? Shariah? which is your country and war?
    Who Is your leader?
    Let me explian ot civilians here what has been going on,
    As YOUR Generals and Leaders LIE to you and YOUR children,
    America LIARS and says it is not IN Pakistan.
    I Am Looking for an Army Nurse That Bush Shipped to Peshawar.
    She Served in Iraq, Kuwait,Pakistan, Kashmir,Afghanistan,
    Now as they LIE and say they are NOT in Pakistan,
    They have BASES IN Pakistan,
    They Send support and supplies INTO Pakistan, THEN they ship them by trucks etc INTO Afgahansitan. Along roads mined with mines,I.E.D's. E.F.Ps, Snipers, "terroritsts", as well as drug gang which are better armed and financed.
    Not All Pashtoons are Taliban, But until now all taliban are pashtoons, 24 million of them,
    amd i still dont know if this paki bombs was pastoon or punjabi or paki or kashmiri,
    THEN they trun aorund and attack IN Pakistan.
    They NOW have other places they can supply from, but THOSE places just lost thier Goverment. The real Target is Pakistan.
    Have "fun".
    Not MY problem.
    And what about those 3 Brats in Iran?

IM Fine. Your the ones in trouble.
    May God protect your troops from you.

May 12, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  58. ahmed

in war, you kill or be killed. no rules. no cowards. no braves. just dead bodies.

May 12, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  59. General Dr Bad.

Now as you see none of thes epeoepl actuly read my message.
    I posted MY Rank Name Home town,
    Look at these answers. Carpet bomb them, Bomb thier entire village, take out the media to hide the crimes and murders.
    Notice none of them post thier real names.
    I gave you poepel a long list oif thinsg ot do. Lots of ways to verify or discredit me. I see no takers.
    NO what we have is peopel refusing ot face fact or reality. NO you and they do not wnat ot hear what I have to say.
    Rather then spend 5 minutes checking fact, they will waste another10 years,trillions of dollars and millions of deaths. every thing I say is public record as well as milions of witnesses.
    You close your eyes, you plug your ears and you run those mouths.
    YOUR leaders Your generals are all lying to you.
    They are all hiding from me. From Obama and Clinto to that trash you Call Generals.
    What is both sad and Fuuny is how your coward leaders set there even now reading these messages. Counitng on you to stay lazy stupid racist and uninformed.
    Well afghanistan,iraq,pakistan no longer my problems or my wars.
    YOu troops stil stuck in Iraq? AS you see it is not I, Tommy or WEs who screwed you.
    now you so called soldiors running your mouths at me? you go find YOUR C.O. and tell HIM to discredit me.
    lets see coward obam stand up liek a Man and saya nyhting. NO, he wont,. He wil keep on lying and hiding and stalling while you die.
    Now you go chase goats in afghainiland, have fun with your drones and "terrorists".
    GO Lie to your Troops and Children as you rob them.
    Im going to go back to my Troops, and My wars.
    And I will Meet with these Women and Familes while you hide liek the cowards you are.
    And unlike YOUR Coward Keystone Cop useless Generals, I earned MY Rank.
    GO Tell them I said KIss MY BAD ASS!.
    D. R. Shaw.
    Butte Falls Or.

May 12, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  60. Jimbo

I would be very happy if they removed all media people so the troops can fight the war without having to worry what wussy anti military media types would say.
    First you start by demolishing every mosque, all they are used for is to store weapons and plan assults.

May 12, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  61. Joe Cacciola

My wife's nephew, Eric Hull, was killed by a road-side IED in Bagdad. I am not only proud of his ultimate sacrifice to our country but to all the brave men and women who willingly put themselves in harm's way to protect our freedom, liberties and our way of life. I hope they find a way to protect all of our loved ones over there from these cowardly fighters that don't have the nerve to face our brave soliders and have to fight by hiding bombs in the middle of the night or by talking someone into straping a vest on and detonating it in a crowd. Funny thing, you never hear about the "top" Al-Quada leaders blowing themselves up, they always seem to find someone else who is eager to see his maker.

May 12, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  62. 11 Bang Bang 2 tours

I am discusted by the American population in general. I am discusted that you all speak so freely of how poorly we are acting but have never been in these situations yourself. I am shocked at how quickly Americans can forget what happend just a few years ago. Once there was American Flags on every corner and you guys wanted blood and blood we gave you. Now, now you say that we are there for no reason. Shame on you, shame on all of you who sent your sons and daughters away to do our worste and then tell us that we arent doing a thing. Shame on you who restrict us and put us in harms way with extremely stringent ROE's and then question when we exercise them apropriatly in order to get everyone home safely. We, the very few 1% of the American polulation have earned the right to speak on this situation regardless of what you think. You people have earned the right the shut the hell up.

May 12, 2010 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  63. Two tours to Iraq

Dr Bad you're just an internet tough guy fraud. Don't try to act all wise. You've probably never been to a combat zone. Never sat in a bunker on Christmas day while you listened to rockets woosh over your head. Never drove down route Tampa or route Irish hoping you weren't going to end up in a pile all over the road.

To those of you reading this who have shared these experiences my thoughts go out to you. If you're over there now, try to envision yourself sitting with your family. The months start to go quicker after getting back from R and R don't they (even though it doesn't seem that way)? There are a lot of vets out there that support you and understand what you're going through.

May 11, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Ketch

There is a reason there hasn't been another 9-11... we are over there stopping it before it comes over here (again). We have to keep the terrorist groups on the run and destablized allowing them less time / locations / financial support to plan and train future terror attacks. We do this through use of military force, law enforcement, financial operations, diplomacy, etc... but we also are rebuilding schools, roads, wells, and infrastructure in areas that allowed these groups to prosper in the first place. If we could reason with these people, we would. But they do not believe we even have the right to live in a free society and would kill anyone that doesn't believe as they do. Sitting over here pretending that there isn't a problem certainly won't do anything to stop them from attacking us again. Those that volunteer to serve and combat this problem get it.

May 11, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  65. General Dr Bad.

Wrong Answer.

May 11, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  66. elvisg

Throughout history whenever 1 army has a numerical/technological advantage the other side often develops dirty ways to get around it. Washington's army used shoot-and-run tactics on the British which they considered cowardly/ungentlemanly. The Islamists use IEDs. We just have to bomb their whole village to get around these...

May 11, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Emile Zola

Some times, complex problems have easy solutions, but because speacial interests from those involved, the problem becomes quantum physics. Let's start from the beginning. The wars began from a pack of lies and the adage says something that begins bad will end bad. The culprits of 9/11 are already dead, hidding or impossible to get at and as it is with all wars, the innocent pay an exhorbitant price: Their lives. We are a nation of laws, Christian values and yet we behave like barbarians on a crime spree. We are broke, both morally and fiscally and the damage our government is doing to our Consitutuion is un-paralell in history. It's said that olden times were always better, but the way we are going and the pace is taking us on the wrong path. We need more peace, no war. We need savings, no more spending. We need more civlity, not more brutality. It's of sane people to recoginize when something is down the wrong path and admitting is not a crime, but ever since Bush, the government has become "stay the course" even if it's to the abyss. Let me quote John Lennon: Give peace a chance and I maight add, our pockets a respite.

May 11, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  68. General Dr Bad.

Petrrayas Lied To Congress and Got Promoted.
    When I called thme on him lying thye moved the Hearing Behind Closed Doors.
    McCrytsal Is stil Lying and Covering up Pat Tillmans Murder.
    YOur COWARD Generals Did NOT Even Show UP To Tillamans Hearings.
    THIS Thread is About I.E.D.' and there also E.F.P.s..
    The Message I sent Rumsfield only dealt with mines at that time.
    But it is as relevent to these.
    YOUR Answer Is use drones to shoot civilians. "Kill Them All".
    Tommy Franks, Wes Clark and MY Self Took those troops into Iraq.
    YOU SCREWED US!!!!
    YOU have been LYING and MURDERING OUR TROOPS.
    WE DID OUR JOB.
    One At A Time,
    All at once,
    Makes NO fuking differance to Me.
    Bring MY Troops Home from Iraq or Stan Up and Explin YOU are lying to Them and keeping Them there.
    I want a Military Tribunal For Pat TillMans Murder Now.
    I want a MIlitary Trtibunul on ALL These peopel who knew about and assisted these war crimes.
    I wnat to know where MY M.I.A Army Nurse is.
    To Many Big Words? NO Speak English?
    D.R Shaw Butte Falls Oregon.

p.s go learn the differance between a sunni and a shiite you idiots.

May 10, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  69. General Dr Bad.

and now u lying cowardss block all my messages, while you murder your troops and lie and hide. how is that working for you? Welcome To Hell.

May 10, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  70. George

Be taliban, Al-Qaeda or Iraqui terrorists all are a bunch of cowards that resort only to shoot from behind or put an IED. They don't have the guts to fight shot to shot. Just carpet bombing along the border Afghanistan-Pakistan and all kind of "fish" will fall in the net. Just wipe them out !!

May 10, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  71. ReturnedFromAfghanistan

I am not one to normally post, but since I see the words of many parents on here and can feel the anguish you express over concern for your loved ones, know this from a soldier (me) just returning from Afghanistan having driven many of the roads your cherished sons and daughters may be on right now. Neither the Army nor Marines is being out "thought" during this war. In patrol after patrol we, the lower enlisted, and our commanders knew full well where the IEDs were likely to be implaced. We knew the likely times (i.e. daylight vs night) that we would be attacked and we knew that certain times of the week or during holidays were especially good days to "go boom". If you've been one of those to have been blessed with a loving son or daughter, but have had to live through the grief of their loss during this war you are probably in possession of a letter or the memories of a last phone call in which your soldier told you that they knew the enemy was watching, planning, waiting, and that they felt their death was approaching.
    We drive those roads because we are ordered too, because it's what are countrymen have determined is the best way to win this war while upholding the ideals of our Founders we all strive to live up to. Instead of carpet bombing an area and killing everyone and everything, taking the innocent along with guilty we as a nation have decided that we will fight only when provoked and will make every reasonable effort to spare those not deemed our enemies, even if it means at the cost of some of our own.
    Your sons and daughters aren't going into harms way with inferior equipment made by the lowest bidder, or charging blindly into battle with blood thirsty general's eager for self glory at their heels and as a concerned parent you can best serve your child by reminding those around you of the person behind the uniform. Their dreams and hopes that are shared by all Americans regardless of race or background and the horrible toll payed by those blessed few when men of reason and understanding close their eyes to rational debate and mutual respect and commit to the absurdity of war to "resolve" their differences.

May 10, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  72. ghaste

Do we stop having a police force because crime will always exist in the US?.....No! That's the reason we have the police force.

The same with Afganistan/Iraq: Do we pull the troops because there will always be terrorists? No,.....only cowards say that!

You're right, they will never go away. When are other countries going to have an equivalent effort on fighting terrorists as the US? Other countries hate us and judge from the internet/tv, the US takes action!

May 10, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Falcon5

Spell check is your friend. Well, maybe not.

Hard to take you seriously without basic spelling and grammar.

May 10, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  74. General Dr Bad.

wwhen I talk ot civilians i expect to hear this crap.
    When i Hear it from Vets or any real soldior makes me puke.
    YOU an idiot COl. YOU your geenrals are Idiots.
    All you are doing is wasting time ,money and troops. Whiel you spew stupid.
    I see some of my posts were pulled.
    I odnt see anyone pulling those APBS off me.
    YOU have fun in afghansitan you idiot.
    and the rest of you go enlist.
    America is trash top to bottom.
    Godles Cowrdly Greedy Lazy Apathetic Uneducted filth.
    and a waste of words or time.
    YOU go fight YOUR wars.
    NO Longer MY problem.
    GO tell MY troops I did not betray them. YOU did.
    Stay Stupid.
    now go lie to your troops and children some more as you rob them.

May 10, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Falcon5

The enemy's tactic of using IED's is not cowardly, it's unconventional, and fairly effective. To say it's cowardly we'd have to say the same thing about our use of unconventional tactics against the British during the revolution. They are outnumbered and outgunned so they can't slug it out on the battlefield in a conventional manner.

Our adaptation to their tactics is the increased use of Counter-IED technology, including drone strikes and support.

The situation on any battlefield is fluid, you adapt or you lose, regardless of which side you're on.

May 10, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  76. SSG

COL Jim
    here you go Sir from an old MI type give the troops greater mobility so they are not limited to only traveling on certain roads. That way we become harder targets for IEDs. Oh guess what MRAPs limit our ability to move and we can only travel on good roads.
    My suggestion put us on AYVs or motocycles increasing our mobility and allowing us to travel off road when we need to be able to. Oh Iam 51 and still serving.

May 10, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  77. SSG

I am in Afghanistan. I am here in hopes of finishing this war so my Grandsons will not have to come over here. This is my second deployment to Afghanistan my third deployment since becoming a member of the Texas Army National Guard. Everyday I work with Afghans. Last week was the first week that fewer civilians died than Coalition Forces. All of those that died last week were the result of IEDs. The Taliban are Thugs and if we do not finish this war we will have to come back in 5 to 10 years. I would rather say and finish it than have my Grandsons have to come here and fight. I know why I am here. The Taliban gave Al Qeada a base for its operations. Al Qeada attacked 8 times the last time killing over 3200 U.S. Citizens most civilians. The Taliban protected Al Qeada so we came and ran both out of this country and turned everything over to NATO (a mistake).
    We then focused on Iraq and removed a thing that killed 85,ooo of his people every year. I think that is a good thing time will tell if I am correct. I was in the military when we abanded the Afghans I do not want a repeat of that mistake again. If the Taliban get back in power Al Qeada will have a base of operations again and we will pay with lives again.
    DO YOU WISH TO MAKE THAT PAYMENT?

May 10, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  78. texas

why are we over there if you have to ask this question you are part of the problem because like it or not we have enemies that dont give a rat who you voted for or where you go to church or how much money you have or what color you are but if you are an american and they can figure out how to get themselves or a weapon to our shores you and your children are nothing more than targets to these sorry excuses for human beings and until americans wake up and remember 9 11 and saddams television rants of how he was going to kill americans we have to finish the job if that means killing every last idiot muslim or whatever religion that our enemies may be, i figure that once their dead god can sort them out and i think their going to be dissapointed in the virgins they receive. P. S READ A HISTORY BOOK AMERICA

May 10, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Combat Controller

You people make me sick. I have served in Iraq and Afghanistan both twice on 8 month tours. Asking your selfs why are we there and how we shouldnt be there. you all are uneducated and haven't see what we soldiers see over there. First of all that Time Square bomb, yeah you want that to stop? well thats one small reason we are fighting to stop that. Most of the men i serve with believe the same as me and don't think we should come home. You people are the same as the anti war vietnam hippies that protested and the same as the anti war in ww2. 9/11 is our generations pearl harbor did we turn the chick in 1941? hell no. So why should we do it with this one.

May 10, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  80. Chris

If you are against he war..fine..that is your right to your opinion. But if you don't support our troops, I believe you don't deserve to have an opinion because they are the reason you have a right to an opinion. I think the following says it best:

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

May 10, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  81. Asten Weems

And for those morons who are anit-war or have a problem with the notion of "staying here" or "sending in your children" is that why do you care so much? your ass ain't in there helping people or giving them shelter, food, and clothing. And you'd definitely don't care about the mission our troops are doing here. Hell you won't even respect YOUR kids to go and help the Afghan people advance themselves. I bet you selfish fools don't care unless it involves your family or community. Staying in Afghanistan, rebuilding them, and wiping out the Taliban is what we're for and its the only thing we should be worrying about in that country. So deal with it

May 10, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  82. kieran

I agree DBska. What we call terrorism is what these extremists find honorable.

May 10, 2010 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  83. DBska

Honor is a relative term. The Brits described American revolutionaries as terrorists and cowards because of ambush tactics, incidents like the Boston Tea Party and the fact that we used snipers to target their officers. So whatever, its a war and war is ugly. Glad that we are getting a better handle on dealing with IED's and hope the best for all involved. Happy Mothers Day to all the service Moms.

May 9, 2010 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Joe

Why don't they just leave so they are not killed by ieds?

May 9, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Col Jim

The IED issue is indeed a paramount one. I have read most of these posting this evening and it appears most respondents are visceral pertaining to war in general. What sane person would want to be in a fire fight? I served two tours in the sandbox (Iraq) and one supporting OEF. I am humbled at the service and sacrifice of our young warriors. One of my dear friends just landed in San Diego after serving 7 months in Afghanistan as a BACN pilot. That said, this post was about IEDs and not about the reasoning of war. I would therefore challenge each of the more visceral respondents to put your thinking cap on and help our troops find a unique (not thought of yet) way to defeat the IEDs.

May 9, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Mr. Davidson

All you munitions experts tell us how stupid this moron in times sq.NY city was and why. Nobody is that stupid ,especially the enemy ,except ,maybe the underwear bomber. Yet the Times Sq. idiot could have had a dirty nuke ,we have so much security and we're so much safer now you could put a dirty nuke a suitcase almost anywhere in the US with no problem. Now lastly there would be no reason to make IEDs if occupying troops were not in the region right ,so we self perpetuate all conflicts at the expense of all americans without making them safer.

May 9, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  87. paul

hey cnn are you going to post my comment?????? i want to tell all the men and women that served and are serveing in the armed services that they have done a fantastic job through out, my deepest heart felt saddness for the loss of you comrades and relatives in these wars, military command and defense departments are very highly qualified personnel as well, what i want to tell you is do not take to heart the BS that these people rattle you with, it will diminish your self esteem, now listen up, the war basically has been won in both iran and afghanistan, it is winding down now and is in the mop up stage, the troops will begin comeing home shortly,, we live in a very changeing world, more than in any time in history, and we now are going to have to face the facts, we can not fight a war by offering the enemy flowers or by the way uneducated people on these comments tell you we should fight, we have to engage a enemy with every way and weapon at our disposal, there is less chances of radicals becomeing enemys if they understand those facts,

May 9, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  88. CurePTSD

The number one killer of troops is suicide. I bet our former leaders the oh-so-wise ones Bush and Cheney didn't even care about the psychological consequences of their little adventure. Let this be a lesson, to our future leaders – but something tells me we will continue to vote submentals into office.

May 9, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  89. General Dr Bad.

Take % minutes. GO look up the legal definition of "terrorists". Then go do a searcha nd look how many average americans have now been charged as terrorists.
    some kids threw snow balls at a cop car last winter, they were charged for throwing "Missles". A boy ogt laughed at by some cherr leaders so he went home and got a guna nd came back and waved it aorund and talked trash.
    becuse YOU are to damn lazy to spend 5 minutes geting fact, YOU waste 10 years .
    When i gave that message to rumsfield ? it was before I.e.d.'s as well as "E.F.P.S.
    They were only dealing with mines.
    WE have watched you Lie and murder oUR Troops now for 7 long Years. Those days are over.
    Last week coward obamas mouth peice jumped on the news (noise) and Blarred Situatuion IN Iran hasd "cahnged". Suddenly thoose 3 kids matter. What Changed?
    They Brayed how Iran had NO right to hold them with out charges.
    Ahamdinjad requested lenancy ofr those 3 brats from the Thier Spiritual Leader.
    He said no.
    He Told Obam and Clinotn stop the lies and threats on Iran or those 3 brats would be tried as spys.
    NO,they are not just "innocent kids".
    They are reporters.
    Go do a search on Adams death last week, NO where to be found.
    IF you do find "the story", they say it happend in "White CiTY.
    I have had a running fist fight with "those cops" for a very long time.
    Last year "those cops " Made the mistake o fthrowing me in jail twice.
    Thye did not arrests me. They Just threw me in Jail. IN Solitare.
    'those Cops" ran Into Adam while they are waiting for me.
    Adam took MY Bulllets. Oh, and at the time? They were under investigation by the A.C.L.U. (worthless).
    It has been a long time since I went to school. 6 grades in one room.
    The way I was taught to report is nothing like what this trash does.
    What can you do to help? educte your self. Check your facts. Go to school.
    Learn a new language. Enlist. Volunteer. Go Run for Office. Vote. Protest.
    Follow your own laws. Prosecute your own criminals.
    Those looking for an excuse will always find an excuse,
    Those looking for a way ,will always find a way.
    I know YOU list ALL your excuses and "talking points".
    I will go down one by one and factual shove them in your ass.
    Now YOUR war is with SUNNI ARAB Muslims.
    YOUR Arab Kings and dictaors are the ones who opres women.
    They cnat vote. THey cant drive. They are covered head toi foot in black.
    They buy and sell and have harrams of little girls.
    OH and only taliban abuse women. YOU odnt have that problem in YOUR country.
    now thats not YOUR war ? so i guess those are not YOUR Troops?
    well get MY Troops out. then go murder YOUR Troops anyway you like.
    Can Tommy or Wes go Meet iwth these women? OR do I need ot go do that as well?
    Now who wants to meet the Shaw part of ShawK & Awe?
    *Locks and Loads*
    I want a Tribunal ON Pat Tillmans Murder and the cover up now.
    I have a M.I.A army nurse i have yet to find.
    OH and how about your new Paki bomber?
    Is he a pashtoon? Punjabi? sunni? shiite? salifi? wahabi? sunni ? almahdi? is he a Paki Or a Kashmiri ? oh thats right, YOU have no idea.
    its easy to get a Paki to talk, Good luck geting him to shut up now.
    MY M.I.A Nurse was sent to peshawar last I knew. To the base IN Pakistan.
    oh that right, your not IN Pakiland.
    next.

May 9, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  90. thetruth

Landmines have been used in warfare for a long time. The United States uses them. IED's are nothing more than homemade land mines. I'm not sure why we give them another name, other than to give it the illusion of being different than the weapons we support.

Using them on civilians is terrorism and unjust. Using them on military targets is part of warfare. We need to separate the propaganda from truth. The difference between terrorism and partisan warfare is the primary target, and the attacker wearing a uniform.

Some special operations forces of major nations qualify as terrorism under the same dangerously loose definitions people throw around. Be careful, or you will give our own troops a bad rep.

May 9, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  91. AllyKat

To Gen Dr. Bad, You make a lot of good points and your frustrations are very understandable. Do you hate us because we feel helpless? A lot of us know we aren't getting the truth or only pieces. I felt like the entire country were all idiots when Bush was reelected and knew for certain I was not being represented. And I'm your age – too old to enlist and have any impact over there. Why are you angry at us – we are listening.

May 9, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  92. General Dr Bad.

A few wekks back My freind_teach_mentor Ralph Nader worte a pice called "we the people". he asked what happend to him. as i explained ot him "we" means some one else. or "we" means "me-myself and I.
    Bin Laden did not fall out of the Sky ON 9/11. YOU just did not care before then.
    Evan as Bin Laden was at war with america attcking it, america armed ,finaced and trained bin laden and taliban. Once they served your purpose against the russians you dummped them,. ignored them for 20 years.
    Thye offered ot give you bin laden if you did not give him the death penalty, but that wasnt good enough you attacked anyway.
    NOt All pashtoon are taliban, BUt all Taliban are Pashtoon. Of ocurse you do not know the differance. There are 24 million Pashtoon. They are not Arab. They are NOT Taliban.
    Most are Sunni. Again you whine how they treat women while you bow ot your arab kings.
    al qaida are ALL sunni, ALL arab. it means "the base". They are arabs who want to over thorugh YOUR kings and dictators.
    They are not in Aghinland, They are not in Iraq or Iran.
    They are in yemen,arabia,egypt,jordan,syria, where YOU send money.

IN Iarqthere are around 24 million muslims who hate americans.
    You ahve 100,000 Troops Stcuk ON base IN the Middle of all these muslim that the only thing they all have in comman is they hate you.
    you have no rearmed and refinced the bathhest party, while blocking both it as well as Al sadrs army from running for office.
    its elction time so your going to pull out enough to make it look liek you do something, then just clal what you leave a new name.
    Those are not Occupying American Forces. oh no, those are now "traners".
    right now Abbas,mubarak,the jews, you, all who starve gaza are having more "Talks".

hows that oil slick in the gulf doing?
    am i racist to say "Heck Of A Job Brownie".
    Time for Obama and Clinton to resign.

Now ALL of YOU want to TELL ME how to do MY Job.
    YOU dont want to do my job.
    YOU stick YOUR nose in MY job.
    Now which one of YOU want To Go Meet with Mary Tillman, Cindy Sheehan, and now Adams Family?
    and what is going on with that pesky mehdi Army?

May 9, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  93. AllyKat

I have total respect for the troops and hope they all come home soon and in one piece. Whether we agree that they should be there, the fact is the troops ARE over there and it's a big mess that we can't easily leave. We don't seem to be 'winning' really and while the soldiers are helping the locals in some ways, our very presence as occupiers are making enemies of others. With that kind of love/hate public relations, how can we exit gracefully? Is there some milestone that will trigger a 'well, that's it, we're done'?

You can call it a conspiracy theory but I think if we wanted bin laden, we would have gotten him. What else are we there to do? Because it looks like we are creating as many terrorists as we are eliminating.

May 9, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Joey

I heard someone mention "Taliban freedom fighters"..... LOL.

May 9, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  95. General Dr Bad.

My Name Is D.R Shaw From Butte Falls Oregon.
    My Rank and call sign is General Dr. Bad.
    I along With Tommy Franks, Wes Clark, Took Iraq.
    YOU Screwed us.
    Last week my Oldest garnd ons turned 18. Later this year anoter of MY Grandson turn 18.
    I was planning once again to retire, Then Adam Got Shot.
    Those cops were waiting for me. Those were My bullets.
    Jessica Lynch, Pat Tillman, Adam, These are all MY Men and Women.
    I took them into Iraq.
    I told Mary Tillaman what happned to Pat, I stil have not told Cindy or anyone else what happend in Iraq.
    Evn as i write this message I am uinder full attack from all sides online and off.
    While you set there nice and safe and hide and run that mouth.
    It is My Duty as these Men and Womens C.O. as well as a Man to meet with them and thier families. Obama was busy playing Golf.
    Every day we seta nd watch as you Lie and murder our Troops.
    While you get rich and play word games.
    Once again one of MY Men took MY bullets.
    NOw YOU go get a copy of the last message i sent to Donald Rumsfield. Inshallah,
    YOU go get a copy of the papers on Troops suicides and eaths From YOUR C.i.a.
    YOU get YOUR ass up off that couch and go enlist.
    YOU get MY troops out of Iraq.
    I want a miliatry Tribunal For Pat Tillmans murder now.
    I wnat Miltary Tribunals on all who knew abouta nd helped in thse war crimes,tortures and cover ups.
    I wnat ot know who all has ben using my message fo rinsdie info and political and finacial gain.
    YOU, dont matter.
    Happy Mothers Day Cindy, Mary, Adams Mother, Adams Wife, All My ex wives all My Daughters.
    smart off again gas bag.
    one at a time.
    all at once.
    makes no fuking differance to me.
    next.
    R.I.P.

May 9, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  96. bubba2

OK General Dr Bad, smok 'em if ya got 'em, then check in for a head check you freekin' moron.

May 9, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  97. General Dr Bad.

oh on elast thing C.N.N why dont YOU post the true number of dead and wounded troops from Iraq? including the ones who died after comming home as well as all these other "non combat related deaths".
    like being elctrocuted in the showers.
    keep hindingg and stalling obama, evry day now your rope gets shorter.
    go ask obam and hillary how many millions they have takin now from jews-zionesta nd arabs.
    30 years the clintons have filled thier pockets while doing nothing.
    GO educte your self you godless lazy cowardly racist filth.
    And bring MY TRoops home now.

May 9, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  98. General Dr Bad.

I have a message for everyone from bush and cheany to obama and clinton,
    Adams death was the last straw for ALL of you. When Glenn Beck went on air and put out a A.P.B on ME he screwed YOU.
    YOU LIE and stil refuse to give Tillman Justice.
    YOU use inside info for poiticial gain while you hide deaths,murders,suicides of my troops.
    Why is it all you damnhigh dollar lawyers do not even know your own laws or legal defintions?
    YOU lazy ass americans go look up the legal Defintion of "terrorists"
    THEN go do a searh how many americans in america have been charged.
    Democraticly Elected Hammas,hezzbolah<Iran these do not fit the definiton.
    your jews and self apointed president abbas does.
    your moderate arabs? Mubarak the dictator? your arab masters who buy and sell and marry little girls?
    YOu do not fight al qaida anywhwre. you send al qaida money.
    Did mccain buy back them yemen oil stocks?
    America has No Men or leaders left. as the media has filled america with lies and proganda these years, the rest the world has been educting it self.
    I know, we all look alike to you.
    reality is on the way, and YOU are not going to like it.

May 9, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  99. General Dr Bad.

Everyday I watch americas leaders and coward generals Murder my troops and lie .
    From Rumsfield To Obam and Clinton. They all lie and play politics.
    Americans set nice and safe on thier couch and make excuses.
    The Media and Govement make damn sure no one knows the truth.
    Rumsfield was told what to do to avoid I.E.D.'s as well as E.F.P.'s
    It has never been utilized.
    Taliban ofered ot give america Bin Laden. Bush attcked anyway.
    Taliban have nothing to do with al qaida or americas war with Arab Sunnis radicals.
    OH,bUt after 9 damn years of war you have been to lazy to learn differance.
    Every day Those Liars in washington get on thier soap boxes and spew crap.
    and of course no one can say anything.
    You all want to blaim every one else. oh its not YOUR war.
    I blaim the media mostly, 9 years of lying ot everyone and covering up.
    Using racist sterotypes,lies, propaganda.
    While refusing to prosecute any opf the criminals in washington or follow any law.
    Even now my messagesa are deleted ,intercept and used for finacial gain and politics.
    If you love those troops so smuch? Gte them out of there. get them out of Iraq. now.
    Did you knwo your coward Generals did not even show up top the Comngresiinal hearing on at Tillmans Murder?
    McChrystall Lies and covers Pats Murder, Petrayus lied to congress about Iraq got promoted. tHEY RAN OUT OF REAL GENeRALS SO THE PUT ADMIRAL mULLET HEAD IN CHARGE.
    and no one from Powel To biden say a word or do anything.
    There is NO exucse for these deaths or occupations.
    NO you wont shut me up, Nor wil YOU bully me.
    YOU picssed off and picked a fight wit the WRONG Man.
    NOw YOU get YOUR ass up and go fight YOUR war.
    noW HAVE ABEER, TAKE A PILL, GO IGGY THAT WAR AND GO SHOP.
    GO PLAY GOLF, GO SHOOT SOME HOOPS, GO WATCH FOOTBALL.
    If ignorance is bliss? why are you all so unhappy?
    May God Protect them Troops from YOU.

May 9, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  100. al

no you do not, i thought the same but now that i been here for 10 months, we lost dear soldiers and no AFGHANISTAN IS NOT A JOKE, be prepared n KEEPS YOUR EYE'S OPEN

May 9, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |