April 19th, 2010

On patrol in Kandahar

CNN's Michael Holmes shares the sights and sounds of a joint patrol in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

Post by:
Filed under: Behind the Scenes • Kandahar • Troops
  1. pastor mclauchlin

God Bless, my only child is there.

April 23, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  2. John

He's referring to my fellow soldiers, sailors, and marines. It's clear. Do not preach what you do not understand, it is not your duty to tell us what it is that the men and women do out here. They are not robots, their emotions run deep for the lives at stake here. We're all human in the end. For all my fellow service members, farewell, my tour is done. Stay safe. Fair winds and following seas, one fellow sailor/soldier to another.

April 22, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. charlotte

I agree with Pat. These soldiers should be front page news everyday!! The sacrifices they make is unknown untill u have someone close to you serving in a war zone to help keep our freedom. There isn't a day goes by I don't pray for my son in afghanistan and his entire company. Thanks to them, we still have the privilege to still pray!

April 22, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Stan Kent

My Son is on leave from Kandahar. I, his wife and 20 hour first born daughter will hate to see him go back. I'm with you Mitch! What is Mervis referring to?

April 22, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mitch wilson

I pray for our soldiers and am not sure who Mervis is referring to when he speaks of robots.

April 22, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mitch wilson

stay safe and stay motivated soldiers. I would like to know what unit was on this patrol. My son-in- law is around kandahar at this moment. he is in the 2-508 PIR 4th brigade combat team 82nd airborne div

April 22, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mervis

i pray for the poor of afghanistan, that they are not harmed by these Robots.

April 21, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. pat spaulding

we have had 3 of our children in Afghanistan this year, 2 of our sons are still there
    I am so proud of what they try to do with out question. They are outstanding people, all of the troops!!! I dont understand why the troops and what they go through is not front page news. We should make all US citizens realize what the sacrafice is to the soldier as well as the families left home to pray for their safe return. God bless them all
    They keep us safe to enjoy our freedoms

April 21, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Debra Mc

Pray for the safety of our soldiers who give of themselves more than any American could when sent to foreign land to fight for the freedoms of this world. A special prayer for those who serve in Kandahar, Afghanistan, my special guy😉 included, for the days ahead will be trying times as 'the fight' draws near. Be safe, some home soon.

April 21, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  10. darlene wadkins

It was nice to see a few of our guys.....wish my hubby was in one of the shots....thinking about all of you. Keep your heads down and your eyes open....

April 21, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  11. rsavage

My Grandson just arrived in Kandahar yesterday. Watching this makes me nervous..

April 21, 2010 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. Mike in KC

Thank you Michael and CNN for continuing to bring us this important coverage. Great to see the female Lt. keeping guard for you Michael (lol)! Kudos to her.....I'm sure her parents are very proud of her as is our Nation. Thank you for your service Lt.!!!

April 20, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Saira

Be safe guys, May god protect you.

April 20, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chris s

My prayers and respect for the beautiful Afghan people. What a life! Between the Taliban, war lords and a steady stream of foreign invaders it just never seems to end for them.

April 20, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. lori

my son is there.

April 20, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Fred Briggs

Sending my prayers and respect for all the solder's.

April 20, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |