April 16th, 2010

The BackStory of the Kandahar bombing

In the aftermath of  a Kandahar car bombing, CNN's Michael Holmes takes us to the scene as Afghan forces sift through the rubble to find the injured - and some tell him he shouldn't film. More at BackStory

Filed under: Behind the Scenes • Kandahar
  1. Albus Anglemeyer

I love how the only way you let people view this media is through film. The very form of media in concern. Hey just an idea, but since you're in another country maybe you should respect them enough to NOT piss them off- thereby making them more angry at OUR soldiers.

April 19, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kathy McGrane (Butler)

I would like to see and hear what Michael is doing with the 293D Mp Co. My son Stephen Butler is in that Co. 1st platoon, FOB Walton.
    Thanks,
    Kathy

April 18, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Randi

Backstory is a show on CNN, not a channel. M-F 5-5:30 ET and 12:30a-1a ET.

April 17, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. madaleine Martinaglia

My farther in law was injured in the bomb blas in kandahar, but we are not able to find out whats happening to the other people in the compound and what is the status of his injury as reports are very vague can someone help?

April 17, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Judith

It's really weird that this isn't on the front pages anywhere.

April 17, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jennifer melia

Darlene

If you don't have CNNI you can go to cnn.com/backstory and watch clips of the show. You can also check them out on Facebook at facebook.com/backstorycnn

It's a shame CNN USA doesn't carry BackStory & CNNI is not carried by all cable providers in the US. Some carry it on the upper tier. it's a really original show

I hope your husband stays safe & comes home soon.

Jen

April 17, 2010 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  7. darlene wadkins

My husband was there with mr Holmes....he is 293rd MPCO....I was just wondering how we in the US can view backstory......no option for that channel.

Thanks